Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW in one day

• Princess Mouse Ears

Smile WDW in one day

Hi, Im going to Florida for a wedding during Labor Day weekend. I only have enough time to do one park. Any suggestions? I have an AP to DL, so I wasn't sure if the Magic Kingdom was too similar to DL. I was leaning towards Epcot. If you had only a day which park would you choose? I have never been there. Thanks for the help.
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

• Banned User

Re: WDW in one day

for a one day trip,,, i love mgm or epcot. you could do either easily in one day. have fun!!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisylovesteacups
    Hi, Im going to Florida for a wedding during Labor Day weekend. I only have enough time to do one park. Any suggestions? I have an AP to DL, so I wasn't sure if the Magic Kingdom was too similar to DL. I was leaning towards Epcot. If you had only a day which park would you choose? I have never been there. Thanks for the help.
    The Magic Kingdom is quite similar to Disneyland, yes because it was based off of it. But in all honesty.. I love all of the parks. There are things that make the Magic Kingdome unique too. But my best advice for you is to do what you want. If you're leaning towards Epcot, go to Epcot! You obviously have some interest to go there, there's so much to do, so many wonderful places to eat, and a fabulous night show! Follow your Disney-loving heart and have fun.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Since you never been there I would suggest either Magic Kingdom or EPCOT. Since you been to DL, maybe a few hours in each.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Disney Memory Maker

My advice: Go with Epcot. If you want to go with two parks (one in the morning and one at night), do Epcot at night.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    My advice: Go with Epcot. If you want to go with two parks (one in the morning and one at night), do Epcot at night.

-Michael
    Yes! That too.. Epcot was most often my night park!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Get to AK for opening ride Everest, got to EPCOT ride Soarin and Mission Space hit MGM for RnRC, GMR and ToT then go to Magic Kingdom (because it is the best) and ride everything.

It's possible.

• See you there!

It all depends on what you like. If you like technology and exploring different cultures and want to see somehting different, Go to Epcot!

If you like the certainty of Disneyland, go to Magic Kingdom.

If you like DCA, go to D/MGM Studios.

If I had time for one park, one day I would go to Epcot, but then it is my favorite anyway.

For a one day trip, I'm not sure you can do justice to two parks, you can get an overview, but if you concentrate on one park, you will be able to spend more time on each thing you do.

No matter what you do, go, relax, soak it all in. I feel that "Commando" touring causes one to miss too much.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• Minion

My response is totally biased: Epcot because it's my fave.

AK is great, but you can see animals in a zoo.
    MGM is nice, but you can see similar stuff at DCA.
    MK is awesome, but again, you can see a lot of similar stuff at DL.
    Epcot is unique. There's no other place like it.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Get to AK for opening ride Everest, got to EPCOT ride Soarin and Mission Space hit MGM for RnRC, GMR and ToT then go to Magic Kingdom (because it is the best) and ride everything.

It's possible.
    But I would also opt for dining at EPCOT because it's well worth your time. SO many good choices! And of course, being a Disneylandian you can skip the 2 hour wait for that 5-year-old Soarin' Over Cali. But if you get a hopper I'm with tloolgb, ride E:E bright and early before hopping.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb

It's possible.
    Is a one-day multi-park ticket available?
    I'd probably skip EPCOT and go to the other three. EPCOT is more of a "stroll, buy, eat" park. Mission:Space is not worth the effort, IMO.

AK until noon (have to ride Everest), MGM for RnR and a real ToT as well as the stunt show and B&tB show, then cap it off with MK until close.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

With only one day to visit (and I gather this is your first time in WDW), I wouldn't kill a bunch of travel time going from park to park. Go with Epcot - my favorite as well. Spend the morning in Futureworld, the afternoon in the World Showcase, get a fine dinner at any of the incredible sitdown restaurants in Epcot, and finish with the nightly showing of IllumiNations, the big fireworks/fountains/lasers/big-video-globe show. It'll be a great day!

• Disney Memory Maker

Ooops, I forgot about Everest. In that case, if you wish to do two parks, I'd definitely go for AK in the morning & Epcot at night. Reason for Epcot at night is because you'll get something different. At MK, you'd see Spectro & Wishes (which are very similar to MSEP & Remember), at DMGM, you'd see Fantasmic (which is very similar to DL's Fantasmic) & at AK, the park closes early (plus, there are no good places to have Dinner). At Epcot, you would be able to end your day with Illuminations, a show that is like nothing at DL. (But if you can, stay the whole day at Epcot).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

A few things we seem to be forgetting..

She's gonna be there for Labor Day Weekend (Dun-duh-DAH!).

Stick with 1 park, as the lines will be insanely long at all of them. Go, and enjoy Epcot. It handles crowds the best and of all the parks, is the most unique to WDW.

Epcot will offer nice hours, 9 to 9, and a plethora of new ride expiences.

Start with grabbing a Soarin' FP. haul it over to Test Track for a short wait and ride, haul-it back over to the Land and ride Soarin', then explore all of Future World West, hit SSE, then do all of Future World East (Energy, and M:S if you're in the mood - do not miss Energy, there's nothing like it in Cali). After that, have a nice walk around the World Showcase until Illuminations, stopping at the Circlevision movies and do not miss the American Adventure.

If she sees all of Epcot, not skipping any pavilions, she'll have a totally full day of new Disney experiences. Soarin' and HISTA are the only clones in Epcot, and they're both presented in a noteably different way.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Is a one-day multi-park ticket available?
    Lol Yes, under "Magic your Way" pretty much your tickets will do anything for you, except sing and dance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast