Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Angry false advertising at Epedition Everest

has this happened to anyone?

i'm extremely dissapointed at the way they are promoting Expedition Everest. NOWHERE on ANY of the commercials or any other advertisements have i seen "open weekends only". i took the family there a couple of weeks ago and we went on a thursday (to avoid weekend crowd). my wife and i took off work just for that reason alone. anyways we get to AK at 9:00am, pay for the tickets, walk about 100 yards into the park and there's a hostess with a sign saying "Expedition Everest closed".

so i go up and ask when they think they will have it up and running. she says it's only open on weekends and that it's "not officially open".

not officially open???? NOWHERE on ANY advertisements are they telling the customers this. look around. every internet, magazine, and commercial is misleading everyone.

we deliberately went to AK for that ride. after, we went to guest relations and told them as nice as possible to please take the "EE is closed" sign and place it outside the park in front of the ticket booths. that way people who come during the week don't get suckered into paying for a ticket or wait in line to get in.

even a passholder would be pissed off going through the all the B.S. of parking the car, walking, waiting, only to find out it's closed AFTER they enter the park.

who can we write to let them know they are really placing a negative experience on many guests by doing this. i know i can't be the only one who's watched the commercial and went during the week to ride it.

Re: false advertising at Epedition Everest

I saw the commercials when we were in Florida on 3/2. It never mentioned anything about weekends only. it's a shame you went through all that!!Did you talk to a manager about your situation?? Anyway , we went on it on Friday 3/3. the lines weren't bad..maybe the weekend thing is over!!
    KAREN-NEW JERSEY
    ...remember..it was all started by a mouse!!!
    Been visiting DISNEY since 1972..
    MY FAVORITE IS WALT DISNEY WORLD!!
    LOVE Disneyland Paris!!
    Would love to live closer to DISNEYLAND!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizknee531
    I saw the commercials when we were in Florida on 3/2. It never mentioned anything about weekends only. it's a shame you went through all that!!Did you talk to a manager about your situation?? Anyway , we went on it on Friday 3/3. the lines weren't bad..maybe the weekend thing is over!!

we bought hopper passes so it wasn't necessary to make a big deal over the purchase. had it been single park pass i would have demanded a refund and then really hammered them for driving 200 miles and taking off work.

i goto WDW every year and figure we'll just catch it down the road. but man, i can bet they upset the people who really make a trip out of it. they have promoted that ride like it's 100% operational.

by the way, anyone know why it's only weekends? i mean, if it's working, leave it open. after seeing what i did, i'll bet anything it's all a marketing ploy. they open it on weekends so that all the vacationers are forced to park hop the rest of their visit. bad idea. totally left a bad taste in my mouth.

guest relations didn't do anything about the sign. they never moved it outside the gate. so last i saw it's still pissing people off when they walk 100 yards into the park.

• Sock Puppet

That does sound bad! Surely it wouldn't be so hard for them to mention that Everest isn't officially open and is only operating on weekends.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I know they are promoting it and running ads like it is 100%...but I don't know if that CM knew what was going on...they've been running it on more than weekends. My family was there last week, they rode it...(I admit I've only ridden it on Saturdays) but lets see if Bill or iluvstitch or someone else in WDW pretty much daily ( ) can confirm that it is running on more than weekends.

This of course could be a new thing...but pretty stupid considering it's already #1 on the top 7 countdown. I think you just hit a down day and that was the CMs way of telling you not to come back and check later.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I know they are promoting it and running ads like it is 100%...but I don't know if that CM knew what was going on...they've been running it on more than weekends. My family was there last week, they rode it...(I admit I've only ridden it on Saturdays) but lets see if Bill or iluvstitch or someone else in WDW pretty much daily ( ) can confirm that it is running on more than weekends.

This of course could be a new thing...but pretty stupid considering it's already #1 on the top 7 countdown. I think you just hit a down day and that was the CMs way of telling you not to come back and check later.
    we were there in February, so it might be open daily now...maybe, mabe not. but they have been showing those advertisements long before then.

it definitely wasn't a down day. it was only open on weekends at the time. there was a 2 hour wait later that weekend. i beleve some WDW marketing manager did this intently to lure people to the parks during the week. the EE is breaking attendance records. wait until a year from now when the post the attendance % increases. AK will skyrocket compared to the other years. just look what Mission:Space did for EPCOT the first year (up over 20%), even with all the people getting sick and negative media stories.

they are milking this at the expense of the guests who pass thruogh the turnstiles, record the attendance #'s, then find out the ride isn't open 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by karamie
    That does sound bad! Surely it wouldn't be so hard for them to mention that Everest isn't officially open and is only operating on weekends.
    i know. but from a marketing standpoint. get them through the turnstiles first so the attendance #'s shoot up, then let them find out the bad news.

it would take 2 minutes to move the "EE closed" on the other side of the gates... but then some peple would turn around and go to another park which is what the greedy managers don't want. they'd rather piss the guests off and look good for the shareholder's report.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Sorry about that AG. That's the kind of thing that they hire Guest Relations folks for. You should have told them that you made a special trip to the park because of advertising you had seen about EE. If people complain when things like this happen, it will put more pressure on Marketing to be specific about when a ride actually opens to the public.

How were the crowds? Did you hear anyone else complaining? I'm wondering if lots of people were there thinking that they'd be able to ride EE.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I'm sorry but everything I saw or heard this past week said "Opening Soon". Yes, the ads are everywhere, but they all said "soon". It's small, but there. Even the guide maps do not acknowledge Expedition Everest's existence, there is just a plot of land with 'Future site of Expedition Everest" in a white box outline.

I think it would be a bad move on Disney's part to place a sign outside. To place it outside means the attraction is normally open, but not today. The benefit to Disney with the soft opening is that they do not have to explain why the attraction is not opertaing at a particular time as the attraction is not open.

A) EE is supposed to be open weekdays and ends. You just caught it when it was closed due to a down time, or due to filming or press.
    B) the EE ad is really just an add for FL local passes, having to due with Expedition Everest.
    C) Just like any ride (New or old) you are not promised a ride on any ride until you get in line. Even then you might not get on. Just because you see an ad on TV, dosen't mean you deserve a ride.
    D) You really should've checked with Guest Relations before buying a ticket to make sure EE was open. I hate it when people blame Disney for things they were too lazy to check out.
    WHO WATCHES THE WATCHMEN?

yeah^^ my parents just got back last week, and they rode it on tuesday. :|

• Banned User

EE is open daily.

• Vehicle rotating backward

EE is also being advertised here on some of Las Vegas' most popular radio stations. We seem to be a market for both WDW advertising and DL advertising (with a lot of DL not-quite-locals deals in the supermarkets and whatnot.)

Then again, these same stations also advertise scams promising 3 free nights at a five-star resort in beautiful Las Vegas, so who knows what in the world is going on anymore. Everytime I hear the seductive radio voice say "Come on, Las Vegas is calling," I like to say "yeah, I think I can see it from here!"

• curiouser and curiouser

Quote Originally Posted by EpcotServo
    A) EE is supposed to be open weekdays and ends. You just caught it when it was closed due to a down time, or due to filming or press.
    B) the EE ad is really just an add for FL local passes, having to due with Expedition Everest.
    C) Just like any ride (New or old) you are not promised a ride on any ride until you get in line. Even then you might not get on. Just because you see an ad on TV, dosen't mean you deserve a ride.
    D) You really should've checked with Guest Relations before buying a ticket to make sure EE was open. I hate it when people blame Disney for things they were too lazy to check out.
    but they were misinformed about the reason as to why it was closed in the first place..
    i for one can most certainly understand the disappointment

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

so i go up and ask when they think they will have it up and running. she says it's only open on weekends and that it's "not officially open".
    Technically, it's not "officially" open. The "official" opening is next month (with the usual hoopla and whatnot).

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast