Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Which Ride Version of Monsters, Inc. Strikes Your Fancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    A family inverted rollercoaster/dark ride version of the Monsters, Inc. ride would be a dream come true. I feel all kinds of people would love this concept. I had read your thread before. Where did you here that it would be a part of Disney-MGM Studios as opposed to Tomorrowland, filmfreak?
    Thanks! I think I heard the rumor from screamscape.com or Jim Hill. I really don't remember. I always feel mixed with screamscape's rumors.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I dunno from my undertanding all the circlevision buildings were slightly different sizes but judging from most of the results I figured Disneylands was the smallest (since it's sets were placed much closer to the ride's track then in Tokyo at least according to themeparkreview.com)
    Yeah that kinda makes sense being the oldest...I did hear that Tokyos and Paris were the largest (leading Paris to have the longest Buzz of them all!).

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I don't mean to sound unfaithful to Disney... but if I had to pick between a Disney-funded or an OLC-funded ride, I'd always pick the OLC one. Its like a stamp of guaranteed quality - either way, its designed by Disney.
    But at $88 million I doubt WDW is going to build just a dark ride. And looking at the size of Meet the World's building to WDW's Timekeeper building there is a hell of a lot less space to work with.

If need be, the Company could always increase the demensions of the Timekeeper building, or demolish it and start from scratch.
    They could but I don't see that! Especially since demolishing it since it connects to Buzz and the TTA would be...a hassle to say the least...on top of Expen$ive.

• Banned User

People at WDWMagic said that as far as they know the Monsters Inc. ride is being planed for MGM Studios and would be an e-ticket involving the hanging doors.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    People at WDWMagic said that as far as they know the Monsters Inc. ride is being planed for MGM Studios and would be an e-ticket involving the hanging doors.
    It certainly seems like the ride would be better suited for the Studios than Tomorrowland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    I really don't think that rumor has any merit what-so-ever.

• The one, the only...

I like the Hide and Seek idea. The DCA ride is nice, following basically the plot of the movie. But I think that a ride inspired by the theme of Monster Inc sounds more fun.

I really don't see how Monsters fit in the Tomorrowland theme. It really does fit the movie theme better. There the whole Monster's world could be recreated. I really was intrigued at that world and hoped that it could be created in a park.

I really do want new attractions for MK though. It is too bad that this synergy habit cannot be kicked. Just because Tomorrowland need a new ride does not mean that it HAS to be from a recent movie.

I think that the INCREDIBLES seems more Tomorrowland connected than Monsters. All and all I just wish that Disney could come up with an original idea.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    All and all I just wish that Disney could come up with an original idea.
    I think we all could go fro that...there is just no imagination left for Tomorrowland I guess.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I don't mean to sound unfaithful to Disney... but if I had to pick between a Disney-funded or an OLC-funded ride, I'd always pick the OLC one. Its like a stamp of guaranteed quality - either way, its designed by Disney.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    The construction bills for a WDW ride, including a ride from TDL, will be footed by Disney, though, so OLC funding is irrelevant.
    reason why we'll get the cheaper version. Oh God let me be incorrect!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12