Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Which Ride Version of Monsters, Inc. Strikes Your Fancy?

A ride based on Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue is rumored to be added to WDW. Of further interest is The Oriental Land Company's recent announcement of their plans to bring a completely new version of the ride to Tokyo Disneyland. The name of the attraction is said to be Monsters, Inc. Ride and Go Seek - pretty darn clever title if you ask me.

The question is, which of these two variations would you like to see at the Studios, DCA Or Tokyo Disneyland? Below is The Disney Corner's news of the OLC's MI announcement and a brief description -

OLC Announces Monsters Inc Ride & Go Seek
    Date: Monday, January 30 @ 22:02:45 EST
    Topic: Tokyo Disneyland

The Oriental Land Company today announced that a new ride based off the Disney/Pixar hit Monsters Inc would be opening in Tomorrowland in Fiscal Year 2009. It is a replacement for Meet the World, which closed in 2004.
    During the new ride guests will be able to play "hide and seek" with Sulley, Mike, and Boo from the hit movie!

This article comes from The Disney Corner

Thought I might also include the link to the DCA site for those who might want to read how the DLR describes it's version, if you haven't already -

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...AttractionPage

There is also a cool Monsters Maze game to play.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-12-2006 at 02:55 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Re: Which Ride Version of Monsters, Inc. Strikes Your Fancy?

Monsters Inc. is planned for Tomorrowland at WDW, not the Disney-MGM Studios.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Chances are both concepts are being shopped around to WDW. One hopes they go with the clearly better choice instead of pulling a Pooh.

WDW is not getting the DCA version.

And the DCA version is a pretty darn good dark-ride in the old Disney tradition.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

It's rumored for Timekeeper's spot (or quasi-confirmed according to WDW1974's contacts). I don't foresee it being a ride...I'd love to know how they'd squeeze a ride in there (again maybe WDW1974 can shed light on the type of attraction). I'm seeing a big Mike & Sully AAs where timekeeper stands but still a similar attraction...maybe I am wrong.

BTW I like the source for the news.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    It's rumored for Timekeeper's spot (or quasi-confirmed according to WDW1974's contacts). I don't foresee it being a ride...I'd love to know how they'd squeeze a ride in there (again maybe WDW1974 can shed light on the type of attraction).
    They did just this with Buzz at DL. It's spot was originally a CircleVision theater and queue.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Same with Paris and Tokyo but I wish I could just get a scale photo of each one (or a plan actually) because it seems like those two are so much larger than WDW's Circle-vision theater.
    I dunno, it doesn't seem plausable to me (and DCA's ride certainly would not fit thematically Tomorrowland).

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Same with Paris and Tokyo but I wish I could just get a scale photo of each one (or a plan actually) because it seems like those two are so much larger than WDW's Circle-vision theater.
    I dunno, it doesn't seem plausable to me (and DCA's ride certainly would not fit thematically Tomorrowland).
    I dunno from my undertanding all the circlevision buildings were slightly different sizes but judging from most of the results I figured Disneylands was the smallest (since it's sets were placed much closer to the ride's track then in Tokyo at least according to themeparkreview.com)

they could always squeeze DCA's darkride into WDW's or turn it into a omnimover or any number of things

but your probably right DCA's ride isn't coming and I'm glad because it wouldn't fit at all

if they're going to do a terrible job with this stuff at the very least they could theme it to the most high tech parts of Monsters Inc

• Former Epcot CM

I don't mean to sound unfaithful to Disney... but if I had to pick between a Disney-funded or an OLC-funded ride, I'd always pick the OLC one. Its like a stamp of guaranteed quality - either way, its designed by Disney.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

The construction bills for a WDW ride, including a ride from TDL, will be footed by Disney, though, so OLC funding is irrelevant. The question is which ride exerpience people want, the DCA dark ride that loosely follows the movie script or this "hide and seek" concept appearing at TDL.

We'll have to see how they manage to do this, but I wouldn't be suprised if it meant animatronic monster faces popping out of the dark, which would not really hit it with me. Time will tell.

• ...TWO BITS!

Haven't been on DCA's because the day I went they had the celebrity/media premiere event . I've seen the video though. And there havent been much details or concept art for the others. So I have no judgement as of yet. But I posted what could have been an E-ticket Monsters, inc. ride idea. NOTE: this idea progressed after a few posts. So the latest version is not in the 1st post of the thread. ENJOY!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...910#post439910

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Iron-Clad Allie

Little is known about the ride system, story line or any other dynamics that will incompass Ride & Go Seek. In spite of this, the notion is extremely intriguing. Still, I would have to say that I would desire instilation of the DCA concept. M & S To the Rescue is a lot of fun. Perhaps I will change my mind later as I hate seeing Tokyo's one-up-manship of anything state side.

History dictates that a former Circle 360 building would be used to house the attraction - WDW's Timekeeper in this case. Bear in mind that Disney is not always predictable and can do with it's property as it pleases. If need be, the Company could always increase the demensions of the Timekeeper building, or demolish it and start from scratch.

What's more, Disney could find a clear area within Tomorrowland to build, or expand the land. Afterall, part of the reason that Walt purchased the expansive WDW property was to be able to build as he pleased, with minimal restraints. Considering the nightmare energy plant, the Monsters, Inc. film does contain sort of a sci-fi element to it's plot. With this in mind, it does loosely fit into Tomorrowland. Pehaps the new ride will pay off of this element more.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Haven't been on DCA's because the day I went they had the celebrity/media premiere event . I've seen the video though. And there havent been much details or concept art for the others. So I have no judgement as of yet. But I posted what could have been an E-ticket Monsters, inc. ride idea. NOTE: this idea progressed after a few posts. So the latest version is not in the 1st post of the thread. ENJOY!

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...910#post439910
    A family inverted rollercoaster/dark ride version of the Monsters, Inc. film would be a dream come true. I feel all kinds of people would love this concept. I had read your thread before. Where did you here that it would be a part of Disney-MGM Studios as opposed to Tomorrowland, filmfreak?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-13-2006 at 01:47 AM.

Interesting that the rumors have placed the monsters inc attraction tommorowland. The first suggestions had the monsters inc attraction replacing another attraction in MGM. Specifially the buildings using the sounds attractions and the building next to it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm excited about the idea of a new attraction in the Timekeeper. While I loved the Timekeeper and will miss it greatly, it is better to include something new that will be open all year. The one thing that bugs me still (and it's been mentioned so many times already) is how it's going to be incorporated into Tomorrowland. Metro Retro Historical Society just doesn't seem like it will cut it here....
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast