•   

Behind-the-Scenes Landscaping Tour?

Does anyone know any details about the behind-the-scenes landscaping tour offered at WDW? I read a little about it in a travel book, but there were no details (what you get to see, how long the tour is, how much it costs, etc.). Can anyone help me out? My dad does landscaping for a living, so I thought this might be fun for him. We've never been to WDW before, but are Disneyland veterans (live in So. Cal). Thanks!!!

Blog Entries

Re: Behind-the-Scenes Landscaping Tour?

I actually happen to still have the card in my wallet that we got from WDW! It is called Behind the Seeds and though we didn't get to do it, it sounds great. Here are the details:

Behind the Seeds
    A Special Greenhouse Tour
    Go backstage to explore the four greenhouses and fish farm that are part of the Living with the Land attraction at The Land pavillion at Epcot. Get up close and personal with plants, insects, fish, and alligators. Discover what happens when you combine Disney imagination with science knowhow and green thumbs!

One hour guided walking tour.
    12 dollars for adults, 10 for children
    Call 407 - WDW - Tour for more info.

We are also DL vets and have been to WDW twice in the last 2 years. I was suprised at how much we loved the Living with the Land boatride. We are actually planning our next trip and have out this on our must-do list.

• Huh?

Actually, think this might be what you're referring to:

GARDENS OF THE WORLD
    Epcot
    This tour is offered EXCEPT during Epcot's Flower and Garden Festival - Learn about the basic design concepts, theming, and practices used in creating the beautiful Epcot landscapes. This is a 3 hour tour is hosted by a horticulture expert.
    Tour currently offered on Tuesdays and Thursday at 10:00am from the Epcot Guest Relations, ages 16 and older.
    Tour costs $59 PLUS your Epcot admission.
    -Tim

•   

Thanks, I had heard about both, and needed info on both. If we're going in late June, do you recommend reservations? Or is it kind of a little-known, not a big deal thing?