Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Is Beastly Kingdom inching its way out of LIMBO?

http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_...al_kingdom.htm

Also, I remember someone telling me that a major attraction was in the works for DAK. Anyone here know anything more?
    Last edited by Ghostbuster626; 03-16-2006 at 12:52 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Is Beastly Kingdom inching closer to reality?

Screamscape's rumor is...well unbelieveable. 2 e-tickets? Mini-rides? Moving Lion King?

I've heard rumors of them wanting to add rides to CMM, but in the North American CMM theme. But the scope of the Beastly Kingdom Lance is talking about is so huge it sounds fake.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

You know, how many people do you think show up and then wonder where the dragon is?

• Banned User

Someone's pulling someone's leg here. Unless Lasseter okayed it in the past few weeks, I don't think this rumor has any merit at all. I've never heard of such a thing for years. If Animal Kingdom gets something, it'll be a Nighttime Spectacular, not more rides. At least not this soon. A Nighttime Spectacular is what this park needs to keep guests in the park at night, and Imagineering knows that. The new restaurant in Asia will help too. I'd take this rumor with a grain of salt. Although I know Joe Rhode is obsessed with the fact that Beastlie Kingdome wil be built sometime, it's too early for this.

Though I'd love it if I was wrong about this. I mean, these plans sound awesome, but, uhh, nope, it's not gonna happen. At least not for a long, long time.

• Married and happy again!!

I also have to say I have not heard any new updates on this for years now. I wish it would happen but I just don't see happening in the next 5 years at least. I will say if anyone could speed that up it could be Lasseter. As for a night time show I'd love that and agree with Bill the park could use it for sure. But perhaps Bill could correct me on this one but I believe Disney's reasoning for no night time show was so that the animals would have plenty of time with no disturbance in the park. I maybe mistaken on this but I do believe that was at east the original reason.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Banned User

So there are no major attractions being planed for Animal Kingdom? Even though it needs them? I find this hard to believe.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Rhode alone probably has filing cabinets full of stuff to add to Animal Kingdom. Somebody just has to foot the bill.

• Banned User

with four parks each needing attention it doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't announce anything for some time. I think lassetter has alot of stuff to dig through and talk to iger about and frankly DCA needs most of the help right now as well as expanding HKDL. but the first thing that shoudh happen is a new president for WDW should be named so Al can get on with his new duties. ( whatever they are)

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    A Nighttime Spectacular is what this park needs to keep guests in the park at night, and Imagineering knows that.
    I thought there was a big conflict here between this and animals trying to sleep. As it is, the park closes so dag-gum early that "keeping guests in the park at night" isn't an option.

• They wanna know, HO!

The problem with this rumor is that it fails to realize what EE IS, the fallout of the failed BK expasion! Mythical creatures, legends, mountain, it's all there. BK has been dead for 10 years, and it shows no signs of revival.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    But perhaps Bill could correct me on this one but I believe Disney's reasoning for no night time show was so that the animals would have plenty of time with no disturbance in the park. I maybe mistaken on this but I do believe that was at east the original reason.
    I could... Disney's public reason... the reason given to guests and cast members... is that fireworks would disturb the animals.

Well, sorry to bust Disney's bubble, but it's simply not true that fireworks disturb the animals. It is the exploding powder in fireworks that makes the loud noises that disturbs animals. And it's only the really loud ones at that. The powder is an optional component to any fireworks show that most parks opt for when they order fireworks because guests expect fireworks to go up in the sky and go boom. But what most don't realize is that we've had silent fireworks for some time now. Disney has done shows in Paris that are silent... the booms are simply played over the park's sound system. Disney's Animal Kingdom has had fireworks before for New Year's Eve and other select events. (Grand openings, etc) The animals were not disturbed much by these fireworks shows.

And a Nighttime Spectacular doesn't always have to mean fireworks. There are plenty of other effects that can wow you besides fireworks that go up and go boom. And with the air launch system, you don't even need a noisy launch for fireworks any longer. So fireworks can be basically silent anyways. But you can have lasers, dancing fire, river fire, fire structures, dancing water, mist screens, waves, water cannons, low level pyro, (the stuff that lights on the water like in Illuminations) music, sound effects, snow, rain, wind, (though wind is expensive to install and it doesn't work as well as planned for outdoor use because the real wind gets in the way with the fake wind) spot lights, plasma lights, and strobes. No, there is no excuse why Animal Kingdom doesn't have a night show.
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I thought there was a big conflict here between this and animals trying to sleep. As it is, the park closes so dag-gum early that "keeping guests in the park at night" isn't an option.
    And about the park's hours... if you do a night show at closing around 8ish or so, then people will stay in the park until that night show happens. If you build it and it's a good show, people will come.

So there you have it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    The problem with this rumor is that it fails to realize what EE IS, the fallout of the failed BK expasion! Mythical creatures, legends, mountain, it's all there. BK has been dead for 10 years, and it shows no signs of revival.
    Now now, I wouldn't say that. Joe Rhode won't allow for the removal of the Dragon from the park's logo. If that doesn't tell you something, nothing will.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    So there are no major attractions being planed for Animal Kingdom? Even though it needs them? I find this hard to believe.
    Oh, there's plenty of stuff planned. It's just not going to be built now, and nothing has the green light yet... then again, I'm going on older information. Only John Lasseter knows for sure.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicalover
    I maybe mistaken on this but I do believe that was at east the original reason.
    The original PR reason at least.
    Fireworks may disturb animals...but there is so much more that can be done. Light shows, lasers, nightime parades, even something like TDL's Lights of Romance. I don't know why it has taken them so long to try to develope something for night time...I'll buy the fireworks excuse...but there is so much more that could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I don't know if that is the case...the animals are mostly nocturnal animals anyways, and sure some of them are awake now daytime...but if people and all the rides and parades going during the day doesn't disturb them (over in the people areas away from the animals) how will people and rides and parades at night disturb them (over in the people areas away from the animals)?

Are the animals not put away at night? I thought thats what all those back stage areas are for? Also in answer to GB626 orginal question NO it's not going to happen no matter how many times you bring the question up on diffrent forums it's still not happening and likely never will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast