Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Disney Park in the Caribbean Rumors

Well, I think this could be an interesting thing to let you guys know. This is a rumor that's been running lately, don't know if this would become a reality, but it interesting anyways.

Don't know if some of you know, but......
    Here in Puerto Rico we had until recently the Roosevelt Roads Naval Base, which is maybe the second largest of the US base. Anyway, thanks to constrains in budgets,and reorganizations this base had to close. Roosevelt Roads is at least 28 square miles (maybe half the size of the City of Ceiba,lol)
    Rumors started circulating that Disney noticed this land, and they were planning to make an offer to it after Federal govt. give back this land to state government.
    Good thing about this place? Infrastructure.
    Piers for Naval ships (and nuclear submarines(which are huge, like Disney Cruises that travel the Caribbean), airport facilities, of course excellent for bringing huge jets (like the B52's that used to land here when there was the Panama Conflict, perfect for having guests arrive right into the park),excellent water infrastructure, energy, and beautiful beaches (Ceiba is located exactly on the eastern part of Puerto Rico)There's a lot of Marine life (Dolphins, sea Turtles, great scuba Diving, different small islands on the sea)and summer all year (count out the Hurricane season, bad, Hurricane Alley). Also Roosevelt Roads has gigantic underground facilities, some insiders say, it has it's own underground city.

So speculation was running on high for some time that this would be perfect land for a new Disney park, and instead of Florida, weather is not that annoying (like raining one minute, sun the next minute and so on).
    This would be an awesome combination of such a ******* of a Park, based on concepts of Tokyo's Disney @ The Sea, but at the same time this land has almost the same terrains conditions like Florida but add the mix of being very close to a Tropical Rain Forest (You can see El Yunque National Rain-forest from Roosevelt Roads), and the coast, and you could bring one heck of a complex!

anyone has more info on this, or any comments on if this is ofr real what should it look like, or what shouldn't?

Edit:
    I guess this post should me moved to the other parks section, with rumors and gossip. I am still very sleepy
    Last edited by BigmacX; 03-30-2005 at 04:48 AM.

• Banned User

It is possable... but i havn't heard this untill just now....

It copuld be another WDW... or Disneyland Caribbean??

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    It is possable... but i havn't heard this untill just now....

It copuld be another WDW... or Disneyland Caribbean??
    Living here on the island, those rumors were heard all over news channels here and even from politics.

as always, politics and even Disney officials said they had no comments for or against developing such a project, but then some official said, sounds good and we thought about it, but we don't talk about these things even if it is being discussed, or not.

Love those ambiguous answers from suits!

Disneyland Caribbean sounds very natural, emphasizing on Pirates of the Caribbean, that should be a no brainer lol

• Banned User

A Disneyland in the caribbean? Makes no sense. Half of Puerto Rico lives in Orlando and work at WDW, so what would the difference be? Trust me, it's bad enough not a lot of CMs at WDW speak decent english anymore.

• It's all nonsense

This doesn't sound legit to me. Why would Disney build a park in a country that isn't that big of a tourist draw? I mean california, florida, paris, and tokyo are major tourist draws on their own. And it really wouldn't add up since WDW is so close.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    A Disneyland in the caribbean? Makes no sense. Half of Puerto Rico lives in Orlando and work at WDW, so what would the difference be? Trust me, it's bad enough not a lot of CMs at WDW speak decent english anymore.
    That is going too far man. I work at wdw seasonally and I have yet to find many people that don't speek english well. Furthermore many of these Puerto Ricans you speak of are nicer than the old bats Disney hires. So think before you speak.

• Minion FOREVER!

I don't think so as far as a Disney park; it's just too close to WDW. BUT I think it would be a nice spot for Disney Cruise Line
    stop ala Castaway Cay (except that it would allow for a DCL to go out to the resto of
    the Carribean instead of being mostly relegated to the nothern half. or even a DVC.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by coaster3001
    That is going too far man. I work at wdw seasonally and I have yet to find many people that don't speek english well. Furthermore many of these Puerto Ricans you speak of are nicer than the old bats Disney hires. So think before you speak.
    FYI... I was one of those old bats that used to work at WDW when WDW *was* WDW in the early 80's, and also a Puerto Rican (GASP!) I know what I am talking about so drop the 'Boricua is all that' act. The nastiest CM ever to insult me as a guest at WDW was a Nuyorican. I will take a polite and friendly old bat (who probably knows what it should be like to be a Disney CM) over some barrio princess who is there for a paycheck and has no manners to work in a position of customer service, and probably doens't even know a flying hoot about the Disney ways and philosophies.

It really doesn't make sense to me either. Maybe a DL in Brazil or Argentina, and even that is iffy given the volatile economies in South America.

• Rawr...

Turn the entire world into a disneyland!
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by IndyJn511
    Turn the entire world into a disneyland!

I agree!!!!!!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

Disney is building in the Caribbean just like it's building in Texas, Ohio, Virginia, South America, Australia, South Korea or [fill in the blank].

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    I don't think so as far as a Disney park; it's just too close to WDW. BUT I think it would be a nice spot for Disney Cruise Line
    stop ala Castaway Cay (except that it would allow for a DCL to go out to the resto of
    the Carribean instead of being mostly relegated to the nothern half. or even a DVC.
    I believe that makes more sense for the Disney cruises.

Anyway I am sorry that this thread created so much controversy, but folks lets face it, everywhere you go you'll find some rotten apples, some places in higher quantities than others. As for "nuyorricans" well, those are in their own barrio world. But that's a long story for another day!

But in my opinion, new park or not, I believe they have something (maybe little) in the drwaing boards, specially with the latest boom in hispanic interest by corporations. This and Mexico being the only "stable" enough economy in Latin America to support some sort of a plan.

• Banned User

If that is the case then I think it should be called Disney's Chupacabras World. Furthermore... the proper name for the second gate in Japan is Tokyo DisneySea, and not Tokyo's Disney @ The Sea as you mentioned. But then again what do current CMs (be full, part time or seasonal) know about Disney now a days???

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    FYI... I was one of those old bats that used to work at WDW when WDW *was* WDW in the early 80's, and also a Puerto Rican (GASP!) I know what I am talking about so drop the 'Boricua is all that' act. The nastiest CM ever to insult me as a guest at WDW was a Nuyorican. I will take a polite and friendly old bat (who probably knows what it should be like to be a Disney CM) over some barrio princess who is there for a paycheck and has no manners to work in a position of customer service, and probably doens't even know a flying hoot about the Disney ways and philosophies.
    It's not the eighties anymore yes. Though WDW is still WDW. It ticks me off that some out there will say that since the company has changed (with the rest of the world) that the CMs are in some way different or less caring over all. In fact with the way the World is today it is amazing that WDW is still able to find as many good people as they do. Now I may be wrong in saying that these so called "old bats" are all bad (it's just been my general expierience) and don't get me wrong there are some really nice old people out there I work with. But more on track it's been my expierience that all of the Puerto Ricans I worked with were really nice and really good workers and belive me when i say that nobody is Disiney for a paycheck (at least not a good one).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast