Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Living Seas Info? (w/Pics!)

So, i'm fishing around the web for Living Seas ride information..

I'm using some nice recent photos of the place as bait - anyone know anything about the new Nemo ride being built at Epcot?

Now for the pics..

First off, West Tank (Dolphin Enclosure) has been seemingly abandoned - anyone seen the Dolphins lately?

You can clearly see the windows for the SeaCab ride on the lower level.

Alas, can't see inside...

Over in the main Observation area, you can see the tunnel for the ride if you look due East, but the lighting is poor - the shiny/bright thing in this photo at the rear is apparently a control console of some sort, i'd assume for the SeaCab ride somehow. It's window is hidden by a coral archway.

And those windows on top of the tunnel are so little - they seemed much bigger from inside the old ride:

East Tank time, where you can see the habitat is lit for "theatrical" purposes moreso than just regular lighting.

More dramatic light - the "sunken treasure" scene is hidden around the coral somewhere in this part of the tank.

Interesting question - does the lower half of the observation deck have windows on the eastern side?

Finally, the tunnel, from an angle, distorted, through the large windows..

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Living Seas Info? (w/Pics!)

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    First off, West Tank (Dolphin Enclosure) has been seemingly abandoned - anyone seen the Dolphins lately?
    Depends on how lately is lately. They were there a month ago, I wound up caught in a crowd in that circular room when feeding time began.

• Married and happy again!!

Has anyone heard are they reopening the ride again or is done forever?
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• I Hug My Tapirs

Ooooh, one of my favorite subjects! As someone who wants to work with marine mammals, that'd be my dream job.

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    Yup, there's four of them in there now. A friend of mine just had a meeting with the director there, and she noticed that they spent a lot of time in the back holding pools. The director agreed, and said they haven't figured out why but a lot of other dolphin facilities report the same phenomenon.

East Tank time, where you can see the habitat is lit for "theatrical" purposes moreso than just regular lighting.
    When I did Dolphins in Depth a few years ago, I noticed the lighting up top is really typical of an aquarium - it's like a warehouse setup with a few bright lights scattered overhead. It's interesting how it filters down. The only natural lighting is actually in from a skylight in the dolphin holding pool areas.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

Wow, I didn't know such a thing existed at WDW. In this picture...

Is that yellow thing the NEMO from the Disneyland's Submarine Voyage? Are there more pictures of this attraction anywhere? I'm very interested.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

Hmmm. I was under the impression all this was closed to the public. Or maybe you guys aren't the public. In any case, I was hoping to eat at the resteraunt at the Living Seas when I went a year ago, but it was closed too. Any word on wheher that will still exist down the road?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

awsome cant wait to see what goes down

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Jedi
    Hmmm. I was under the impression all this was closed to the public. Or maybe you guys aren't the public. In any case, I was hoping to eat at the resteraunt at the Living Seas when I went a year ago, but it was closed too. Any word on wheher that will still exist down the road?
    August 21 a lot of it closed to the public, yes. However during the holiday months most of it re-opened to let in the holiday crowds and of course showcase Turtle Talk. So yes, it's "open" but it isn't all finished.

Speaking of... Bill, TDLFAN, anyone have any recent photos of the sign? Has ANYTHING happened yet? ANYTHING? Or is it still tacky?

• A Dark Future

What's going on with the Seacabs?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Can you just take Mousemerf's pictures off wdwmagic without giving credit that they are his? That seems cheeky to me!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Speaking of... Bill, TDLFAN, anyone have any recent photos of the sign? Has ANYTHING happened yet? ANYTHING? Or is it still tacky?
    Visibly, nothing. You have the generic (but actually not dark) blue covering everything, the Nemo shop when you walk in, the whole of Level 1 being taken up by a "quick-set" Crush queue and thats all you can see. The enterance is still behind walls, and there are still those "Imagineers at Play" walls up by the old Giftshop/SeaCab area.

Rumors are still stating the SeaCabs coming back 2007 (though I have to wonder what is taking so long...clean it, start the ride, add some new paint, just plug in the projectors (get some little Plug and Play software, I'm usre Best Buy has it ) and go.
    Seriously, much of the work is being done taking out the hydrolators, entry way and preshow rooms One and Two, all where we can't see. The ride is supposed to be getting another 100feet of track. Most of it is probably going to reopen and be rechristened as part of EPCOT's 25th.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Visibly, nothing. You have the generic (but actually not dark) blue covering everything, the Nemo shop when you walk in, the whole of Level 1 being taken up by a "quick-set" Crush queue and thats all you can see. The enterance is still behind walls, and there are still those "Imagineers at Play" walls up by the old Giftshop/SeaCab area.

Rumors are still stating the SeaCabs coming back 2007 (though I have to wonder what is taking so long...clean it, start the ride, add some new paint, just plug in the projectors (get some little Plug and Play software, I'm usre Best Buy has it ) and go.
    Seriously, much of the work is being done taking out the hydrolators, entry way and preshow rooms One and Two, all where we can't see. The ride is supposed to be getting another 100feet of track. Most of it is probably going to reopen and be rechristened as part of EPCOT's 25th.
    I hope so I enjoyed it even though the ride was by no means the longest. I have never understood what had gone wrong why they had shut them down in the first place.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Solar Flare Foamer

Am I the only one who, when first riding the Sea Cab, got dissacpointed that it wasn't an actual dak ride like Horizons? When I got dropped off at the other side of the aquarium, I can honestly say its only the second time a Disney Ride left me feeling ... empty. The first would be the movie at the end of the Malestrom.

• Banned User

Apparently not Jedi, because Disney seemingly closed them for just that reason. "Lack of interest."

• Solar Flare Foamer

Well, once I got used to the attraction as a Big Aquarium and nothing more, I found the thing charming. But my initial reaction to the "ride" is what I what I was wondering if anyone else shared. Once I got over my initial reaction I enjoyed it for what it was. Sam for Malestrom. I know it's going to be short and I skip right out the movie theater now, so I have a way to enjoy the experience over all.

Did everyone think the Sea Cab ride should have been a ride unto itself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast