Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Meal Suggestions?

I am visiting Walt Disney World in July. We were originally going to drive, and now we are flying . The thing is, that we had already made and booked all of our priority seatings. We now find that we have 2 extra days at WDW, so I need suggestions for places to eat.

Here are the priority seatings we have already made.

Dinner at O'Hana's
    Dinner at Tony's Restaurant (M.K.)
    Sci Fi Dine-In Theatre (MGM)
    Cape May Cafe - Character Breakfast
    Donald's Breakfast at Restaurantosaurus (AK)
    Chef Mickey's - Character Dinner at the Contemporary
    O'Hana's Character Breakfast.

So with what we have chosen already, do any MiceChatters have any suggestions on new and exciting places to eat?

Thanks

Re: Meal Suggestions?

I'd say dinner at Cape May, they have the clam bake and it is great. Or, if you're into the more exotic, try boma.

Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge
    Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge
    Narcossees at Grand Floridian

• Minion

Our family really enjoyed Garden Grill in The Land pavillion at Epcot. They serve family style with several different meat choices and excellent sides.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Bumping up this thread.

Surely, more MiceChatters have favorite places that they have eaten at WDW.

• Minion

OK, I'll toss a couple more out there...

Coral Reef at Living seas. Mmmmmm seafood.

Hollywood and Vine at MGM Studios. Good quality, great variety buffet style place. There's outdoor dining available here.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Coral Reef is actually one that I really want to eat at. I think that even if the entire party does not want to go there, I might just go by myself. I like seafood. Not everyone does.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Coral Reef is actually one that I really want to eat at. I think that even if the entire party does not want to go there, I might just go by myself. I like seafood. Not everyone does.
    I went there with my 4 year old daughter for lunch (which you'd know about if you were to read my trip report ) and it was great. I had grilled Mahi on a bed of Israeli couscous and it was fantastic. The thing I liked best about it is the simple way they prepared it - just a simple honey glaze over the fish with the couscous underneath it.

Dessert there was also fantastic. I wasn't at all hungry after the Mahi, and I'm not much for sweets to begin with, but the Disney Dining Plan included dessert, so I ordered a Chocolate Wave. HOLY COW THAT WAS GOOD! Despite being totally stuffed, I wound up eating the whole honkin' thing!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    I went there with my 4 year old daughter for lunch (which you'd know about if you were to read my trip report ) and it was great. I had grilled Mahi on a bed of Israeli couscous and it was fantastic. The thing I liked best about it is the simple way they prepared it - just a simple honey glaze over the fish with the couscous underneath it.

Dessert there was also fantastic. I wasn't at all hungry after the Mahi, and I'm not much for sweets to begin with, but the Disney Dining Plan included dessert, so I ordered a Chocolate Wave. HOLY COW THAT WAS GOOD! Despite being totally stuffed, I wound up eating the whole honkin' thing!
    I probably did read your trip report.

I have eaten at many places at WDW.

Discussing dining at Walt Disney World is a fun topic for me. Even if I have eaten at a place, or am considering it, I like to read other people's views. I especially like when people post specifics, such as what they ate, how the service was, how children are treated, and how much a meal costs.

So if any one has had a very special Disney dining experience at WDW, feel free to post about it here.

Thanks

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

50s Prime-Time Cafe at Disney-MGM is alot of fun, but it somewhat depends on your server. I've had one great experience and one good-but-not-great experience there.

Garden Grill at Epcot-- we actually had a very negative experience there. Service was poor. Characters kept overlooking us. My poor kids were very anxious and didn't understand why they never came by to say hello! We had already finished our meal and we had to ask two different CMs (very politely) if they could please have Mickey come by our table because he had already circulated thru once and not stopped and my kids were about to start bawling. Anyway, it all worked out in the end but the folks there weren't very responsive.

DAK Donald's breakfast -- we had a great time there. Server was friendly and funny, characters were lively and very patient (always appreciated with young kids).

Cinderella's Royal Table breakfast -- I'm not sure how it's configured now but in 2004 the Fairy Godmother would greet you in the waiting area. She was fantastic. Spent alot of time with my kids and sang "bibbidi-boppity-boo" to them. The CMs were all super-friendly. One told us on our way out that they all know how cool it is that they get to work in the castle and everyone is generally happy to work there.

Crystal Palace with Pooh and friends -- it was a bit chaotic in there!
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

So, Barbaraann, what's your budget? I lean towards the pricey meals, as I don't eat that way at home, and it's nice to pamper yourself on vacation. I really enjoy the California Grill, up on top of the Contemporary Hotel. They have a beef tenderloin that's marinated in a teriyaki barbeque sauce that just melts in your mouth!

And I second the vote for Coral Reef. Ask for a seat down by the glass. You'll have to wait a bit longer, but you'll enjoy your meal more being right up front with the fishies. And they have a few non-fish entre's as well, so drag the fish-haters along with you!

If you're a bit adventurous, you may want to try either Boma or Jiko in the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Boma is a buffet, with many unusual items, but not so unusual as to be too strange to the American palate. And Jiko is an excellent African themed sitdown restaurant. I had an excellent filet mignon a couple weeks ago, along with some tasty African wine and great service.

Is the Brown Derby still open at the Studios? I've heard their Cobb Salad is the main reason to eat there. My favorite place during my last visit was the Sci-Fi Drive-In Diner, but more for the atmosphere than the food.

• Huh?

Brown Derby and Le Celier (in Canada) are the two main reasons to eat at WDW.
    -Tim

• Minion

Oh, doy! How could I forget...

We had lunch at Cinderella's Castle and it was fantastic! Food was great, the CM's were all wonderful and the meet and greet stuff was fun...even for adults.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

I use to eat at the land for budgetary reasons, but lat time I onticed that the food was much much better then in revious years. And I can't rememerb what I at. Might have been the Smirnov Ice followed by the Mission: Space ride that fudged my memory.

Tempanyaki is on if the three places to eat in the big palace in Japan. It is a nice grill-as-a-table-duck-here-comes-a-peice-of-chicken type place.

I personally was impressed with the italian resteraunt across from Muppet 4-D. Good service and they had a packegae you could by where you get priority seating for Fantasmic. (Though I would like to try the one run by the descendants of the guy who inveted Fettucinni Alfredo in EPCOT.)

Magic Kindom has a nice bufffet at Crystal Place, but I still prefered the place that used to be called the Mile-Long Bar in Adventureland (or is it Frontierland?)

We hauled our stroller in the bus from Animal Kingdom all the way to their resort to eat at Boma, only for the lace to not be open yet. It only opens in the evening. SO thats good to kep in mind.

All in all, I still enjoy eating at Rainforest Cafe in Dwotown Disney. I just like the "in your face" ambiance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast