View Poll Results: Which of these old attractions would like back most?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

33 41.25%
  • Mr. Toads Wild Ride

27 33.75%
  • The Original Backlot Studio tour

8 10.00%
  • Kitchen Kabaret

3 3.75%
  • Food Rocks

5 6.25%
  • The Hunchback show

5 6.25%
  • Journey Into Imagination/ The Original Imageworks

25 31.25%
  • Timekeeper

9 11.25%
  • World Of Motion

14 17.50%
  • Horizons

31 38.75%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Married and happy again!!

If you could have any old attraction back ?

I know we all have attractions that Disney has long closed. What ones would you like to have back if you could? Feel free to list more than just WDW attractions.Here is a list of mine.

1. Timekeeper (yes I know it just was closed but I really liked it)
    2. The Hunchback show
    3. The World Of Motion
    4. Mission To Mars
    5. Flight To The Moon
    6. Horizons
    7. Caribbean Coral Reef Ride (I don't know it's offical status but I know it has been years since it was open)
    8. The Original Universe Of Energy
    9. 20,000 Leauges Under Sea
    10. The Jungle Book Show
    11. Journey Into Imagination and the Original Imageworks play area
    12. Kitchen Kabaret
    13. Food Rocks
    14. Mister Toads Wild Ride
    15. The Magic Shop on main street along with the Arcade (I know they are not attractions but I miss them).
    16. The Original Backlot Studio tour I loved seeing the monster shop.
    17. The old set up for the Osbourn Family Lights (I hate the new set up with things on the roof tops I hope they will rethink this set up)
    This is just a small list of mine. An my Dl list would be to huge. This in no way means I don't like the new attractions I just miss these.
    Last edited by Jessicalover; 03-17-2006 at 10:14 AM.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Re: If you could have any old attraction back ?

20,000 Leauges Under Sea or Mister Toads Wild Ride. I have such fond memories
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

Horizons! Not that I dislike Mission: Space. I really like it, too.

Also, 20,000 Leagues because I love undersea stuff and never got a chance to ride it. My interest in Disney began after it was closed.

Thanks for making this multiple choice! I picked 20K, Toad, Horizons, and Hunchback.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Mr Toad's Wild Ride was just happy fun. But Horizons is right close by as happy but beautiful.

• On the Highway in the Sky

1) 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Sure miss this one - Fantasyland is not the same without it.

2) Journey Into Imagination - This rocked and should never have been tampered with. The current attraction is OK and I am glad Figment is back, but the Dreamfinder is not there nor is the "idea bag" and the whole journey.

3) Horizons - I would not rip out Mission Space to put this back, but I sure liked this one - I LOVED the orange grove in the desert.....

4) An added one (two) - If You Had Wings / Dreamflight. OK, so these were not the best, but I really liked them. As a kid, IYHW was a "free" ride, and that means we did that one a few times each trip...nostalgic for me. Dreamflight was just fun....

That be my list.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

I think I picked every attraction I had a chance to go on. Never got to see the Hunchback thing and I always presumed the Timekeeper was going to be boaring. Kinda regret that now.

As for rides not on the list, I would like to have back the final incarnation of the Eastern Airlines ride If Man Had Wings. The 3-D book they added to the end was kind of cool.

Also, I want Alien Encounter back. With the scary alien and the dripping blood and the crunching bone noises. Not Stitch and fart jokes.

And I want to see Captain EO again. Maybe Speilberg can "Special Edition" the effects with som CG, but I miss the pop locking robots. Where else can I hear We Are Here to Change the World?

Food Rocks?!!! You can't be serious. Kitchen Caberet was one thing, but Food Rocks?!!!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Jedi
    And I want to see Captain EO again. Maybe Speilberg can "Special Edition" the effects with som CG, but I miss the pop locking robots. Where else can I hear We Are Here to Change the World?
    I thought I'd be the only one to list EO - loved it! Say what you will about MJ these days, but back then he was incredibly talented. I never missed a chance to see EO. I have a very bad vhs tape of EO when it was broadcast the one and only time on MTV. It's not the same without all the super sub-woofer bass and the in-theater effects, but it still gives me a good EO fix.

On the survey I listed Horizons - another solid favorite that I miss greatly. I have the dvd from Extinct Attractions, which is nice. It's basically camcorder footage, but that's better than nothing.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I thought I'd be the only one to list EO - loved it! Say what you will about MJ these days, but back then he was incredibly talented. I never missed a chance to see EO. I have a very bad vhs tape of EO when it was broadcast the one and only time on MTV. It's not the same without all the super sub-woofer bass and the in-theater effects, but it still gives me a good EO fix.

On the survey I listed Horizons - another solid favorite that I miss greatly. I have the dvd from Extinct Attractions, which is nice. It's basically camcorder footage, but that's better than nothing.
    Man, I wish they would at least put EO on a DVD extra somewhere. Am I the only one who can seperate the entertainment from the people who produce it? <sigh>

In any case, what is this Extinct Attractions DVD you speak of?

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Man, I wish they would at least put EO on a DVD extra somewhere. Am I the only one who can seperate the entertainment from the people who produce it? <sigh>

In any case, what is this Extinct Attractions DVD you speak of?
    You can watch the whole Captain EO film on YouTube. It has not aged well! Also, just to nitpick, Spielberg was not involved in it; it was George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola.

I miss some of the old EPCOT Future World attractions tremendously. I really miss the original Journey Into Imagination, the new one is just awful. My kids were alternately bored and frightened by it.

I really miss Kitchen Kabaret, I loved that one as a kid: "veggie-veggie, fruit-fruit, cha-cha-cha!"
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Solar Flare Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by Doopey1
    You can watch the whole Captain EO film on YouTube. It has not aged well! Also, just to nitpick, Spielberg was not involved in it; it was George Lucas and Francis Ford Coppola.

I miss some of the old EPCOT Future World attractions tremendously. I really miss the original Journey Into Imagination, the new one is just awful. My kids were alternately bored and frightened by it.

I really miss Kitchen Kabaret, I loved that one as a kid: "veggie-veggie, fruit-fruit, cha-cha-cha!"
    Um, er, yeah, you'd think I'd rememebr that. Think I can get away with saying "That's what I meant"? ...

Probably not.

But hey! That's even better. You know how Lucas can't leave anything he films alone. We'll be sure to get three different verions if turns his attention towards Captain EO.

20,000 Leauges Under Sea!

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Um, er, yeah, you'd think I'd rememebr that. Think I can get away with saying "That's what I meant"? ...

Probably not.
    I made a mental note of the irony, but I didn't want you to feel too bad!
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Minion

Now that you mention it, I rather enjoyed Captain EO the first and only time I saw it.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast