Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Tell me about the Adventurer's Club.

I am asking for feedback on the Adventurer's Club in Downtown Disney. I have never been. I am thinking about checking the place out, on my upcoming trip in July. So if anyone has been there, will you tell me what you think of the place?

Thanks

• The one, the only...

Re: Tell me about the Adventurer's Club.

I love this place. It is an interactive play where the performers are all around you. They improv their way to entertaining you.

I laugh a lot there. There is a show about every 40 minutes. Between, there is interaction in the lounge
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!

You're invitied to an Open House for our Annual Membership Drive
    at THE ADVENTURER'S Club

As you enter the club, you will notice various arifacts, collected
    by it's members, from all over the world.

You take a staircase downstairs, where there are various display rooms,
    Bars are in a a couple different places. Shorts shows occurr every 10 to 15 minutes. Various cast members with different personalities will welcome you and converse with you, and keep you entertained at the
    short shows. Humor is very "Mony Pythonish". When I was there several
    years ago, there was a schedule handed out letting us know what time the shows began, and in which room.

Without a doubt, it's THE BEST place in DTD and the most imaginative!

The President's Guide To Our
    Permanent Club Members
    (How many of them have you encountered so far???)

Pamelia Perkins: Our lovely club President who is never appreciated nearly enough. She graciously leads the Club with propriety, manners, and proper adventurer etiquette.

Otis T. Wren: Club Treasurer and self-proclaimed "Ichthyologist Extraordinaire" - translation: Fisherman Always ready with a tale of adventure, although prone to exaggeration.

Graves: Ou ever-faithfu butler who patrols the Zegra Mezzanine, welcoming adventurers from all over the world into our club.

The Maid: Our club maid is one of our most charming employees. Whe's cheerful, friedly and always armed with her feather duster in a never ending battle against dust bunnies.

Hathaway Browne: Dashing Club Aviator. He Has traveled the world over, seeking adventure, whenever he can find it. Suave and debonair., he's alway on the move... in more ways than one.

Fletcher Hodges: Our loyal a(although slightly eccentric) Club Curator. He is the authority on each and every artifact in the club.

Smantha Sterling: A thrill-seeder who periodically returns to the Club frin Safari, brining with her tales of adventure... and her cabaret act. She is truly and Adventuress Extraodinaire... ranking right after Pamelia Perkins, of course.

And one never knows who may drop in, ready with a tale or two of recent adventures!

In the main showroom, you will notice that a piano has already "crashed in on stage" from one of the floors above. No one appears to be sitting at the piano, however an unseen character by the name of "Fingers" is the musical virtuoso at the more than slightly askew piano.

Oh, a word of warning, I let the Maid know that it was my sister's birthday, and asked if she would be able to do something special for her. That was a mistake, because that something special ended up being me on the stage, as the maid "had her way with me!"

If you go to WDW and this is the only thing you end up doing,
    This alone will be worth the trip.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Wow, Aladdin... that was so wonderfully thorough. I've been to Adventurer's Club only once. The last night of my last trip to WDW a year ago. I love this place! I also found it incredibly hard to describe, and other people I know that love it also have a hard time finding words to describe it.

I'm very much looking forward to visiting it again on my upcoming trip a few months from now.

KUNGALOOSH!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Thanks, 007

To let you all know, I just highlighted
    the verbiage in ORANGE that was printed
    on the reverse side of the show schedule.

And to let you know, they do use some
    special effects and puppetry in various
    rooms ~ it all adds to the outlandishness
    and fun that permeates the spirit of "The Club"!!

KUNGALOOSH!!! Indeed!

• out & about

Ive been curious about this so called adventurers club since learning about it. Ive had the pleasure of attending the open house twice now (cp's get in free sun - thurs) and i cant get enough. its so fun. the whole thing is incredible. and it, of course, keeps with the whole disney back story thing. its an entirely immearsive experience unlike any thing ive come across. the club might not be for everyone but it is for anyone who likes a good time. if you have a chance to drop in i wouldnt miss it.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

None of it made much sense to me, I'm afraid. Maybe I was there on an off night. Or maybe it was that the CMs were clearly playing to the "regulars" to the exclusion of all others. Anyway, I did enjoy the scenery and detail in the decor. It's worth a visit just to know what everyone is talking about.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• I was deleted.

This place is AMAZING!! You should go. You'll love it.

I first experienced The Adventurer's Club when I went down to WDW by myself for the Annual Passholder Preview of Expedition Everest.

Of course, since it was made known it was my first time there, they started messing with me. My barstool kept sinking all the way down to the floor while I sat there with my drink (the famous Kungaloosh).

The meat of the show was all the improv happening around the bar. The actors put on different shows in each of the themed rooms and it really felt like I was in another world. My favorite part were the puppets that came alive on the walls in the main room...funny stuff.

From now on, I don't think a trip to WDW would be complete without a trip to the AC.
    -J

Subscribe or listen to The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Real Life Audio Adventures in the Parks

Click for a Short Promo

You Don't Need an IPOD - Anyone Can Listen - Download the MP3 or listen right over the website for FREE!!
    http://www.meanderingmouse.com

OR...Search for "disney" within the ITunes podcast directory and subscribe there!!

The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Streams of Consciousness from the Happiest Place on Earth!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Is it O.K. to bring kids to the Adventurer's Club?

Chances are, I will be visiting alone, but I thought I'd ask the children question, anyway.

• Banned User

Yeah, it's fine to bring in kids.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Yeah, it's fine to bring in kids.
    Thanks for the speedy reply.

That's good to know. I am traveling with a larger group, but we will not all be together all of the time.

• Banned User

Well, you do need to stay with your kids at all times in the Adventurer's Club.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Technically, they are not my kids. The family that I am traveling with, has kids. Their ages are 15, 12, and 7. They are very well behaved and don't roam on their own.

These things are so good to known, before you go someplace. It avoids a lot of embarassment.

Chances are that I would visit the Adventurer's Club on my own.. I am the only one, who has shown an interest.

I have read about it in the Passporter, but I always like to get a lot of feedback, from many different people.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Is it O.K. to bring kids to the Adventurer's Club?

Chances are, I will be visiting alone, but I thought I'd ask the children question, anyway.
    They will allow you bring kids into the club but I wouldnt really reccommend it. The humor and subjuect matter is sometimes a little PG-13ish. Its nothing offensive but there are a lot of sexual enuendos.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast