CMs - Need Apartment Advice!!!

Hey everybody. Any Disney CM with some advice, please chime in. I'm headed to WDW this summer as a CT for 3 months and need to find somewhere to live soon. I know this is a daunting task, so help is needed. I'm looking for minimal driving distance, affordable (on basic Disney intro pay, so maybe $450-650), 1-2 br 1 bath. If this does not meet any criteria you know of, please offer your recommendation for apartment complexes anyway, because as I have nothing, anything is helpful. Thank you all very much.

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Re: CMs - Need Apartment Advice!!!

I don't mind helping you out because I have been there myself, okay now are you working for disney in florida or california cause I can only help you out with florida.
    Now the only REASONABLE apartments in florida that is remotely close to Disney is apartments Buena Vista Place which is right across the street from the cast member parking for MK. And Buena Vista Point which is loacted on 535 which is basically right next door to the main entrance to WDW hotel plaza bvld.
    I have lived at both places and I will be honest with you, you would be better off doing the roommate thing, cause take my word on it, it's very, very difficult affording rent by yourself on disney pay. Though lately what I have been hearing that alot of apartments are turning into 400,000 condos now, not sure who's bright idea was this but it makes it very difficult for CM's.
    Hope this helps

Thanks, that's definitely helpful. Anyone else?

this thread is great, I was going to make one as well... do those apartments have a website?

• Robot Chicken Rules!

you can go to apartmentguide.com and they will give you detail information on all the ammenties of apartments, personally i liked buena vista point because on 535 you have a ton of restaurants and plus there is a grocery store across the street from the apt.

were you able to do anything about the lease term? It says that it's only for 12 months... I figure that alot of cp's may stay there, so do they make exceptions for the cp terms?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Go to www.apartmenthunters.com. It's a free service where you get assigned your own "agent" who will help you find what you're looking for. I used them when I moved last year and my agent was awesome.

Have you considered craigslist? It's not as widley used in Orlando as it is in bigger cities, but there seem to be a good number of listings...

http://orlando.craigslist.org/roo/

http://orlando.craigslist.org/

I would agree that sharing definitely gives you more bang for your buck. You just want to make sure you feel comfortable with the roommate first.

bump... come on guys I really need info! I got an advanced internship, and I need a place to stay!

Just as an update...I was forced to withdraw my application for the summer because I could not find an affordable apartment in the Orlando area that was less than a 12-month lease. Even with the help of apartmenthunters.com and Disney. Good luck to the rest of you though, and if you find something, please let me know for the future.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Rent in Orlando is insanely expensive. And most complexes do the standard 12 month lease but I know there are some complexes that do 7 month leases and some that are willing to go month-to-month (but that is really expensive... almost twice what the normal rent would be in a regular lease).

I don't know about in Orlando, but I know in Lakeland (a half hour away from WDW) there's some apartment complexes that do short-term leases. My parents stayed at one when they were down here on vacation this month. This place rents anywhere from the standard 12 months to a month (or 2 or 3) to just a couple weeks to even just overnight. So complexes like that do exist.... they're just really hard to find.