View Poll Results: you make the call...

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fix what needs to be fixed and open F! stat! Work on the other stuff later.

2 8.70%
  • Since its down fix and maintain all the scheduled improvements and open with a better looking show!

21 91.30%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• out & about

Fantasmic! Canceled Last Night.

for the first time since the show opened it was canceled last night for something other than bad weather. aparently the mtn is falling apart. part of the mountain broke off and fell to the stage below. both shows were cancelled.

the moat was drained and they went to work immeadiatly to try to fix it.

this brings up and interesting question. we know the set is in dire need of attention. i also know that some improvements are scheduled to be completed over the next month.

since the show was cancelled should they keep it closed to complete the improvements since its down anyway? or should they hurry to bring the show back up without the finished improvements.

currently they are working on putting in a new lighting system and new, better looking forest facade (to replace the ugly camo netting) and fix up the steam boat. this work would take a few days if worked on all day or a month of so if worked on only at night. what do you think?
    Last edited by WRDup; 03-19-2006 at 02:24 PM.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Robot Chicken Rules!

Re: Fantasmic! Canceled Last Night.

Does not surprise me that part of the set fell apart. I have been backstage during the show once and you would be surpised at how much that stage takes abuse!
    you figure that they would put the show on a brief halt, for renovations. I mean let's think about it here. How many time did they close EE at AK already?! And fantasmic has been running constantly for how many years now? That stage probably takes more abuse then any other, cause they use that stage during the day when they train and do brush-ups for the performers.
    Though Disney can do the impossible in one night, ;et's look at how they can completely put up all the christmas decorations in MK in one night, so I guess we'll see.

• out & about

A friend of mine suggested they use the old MGM fireworks show (they one they still use for July 4th & New Years) as an alternative night time offering and take down Fantasmic for the time needed to make the changes.

I thought it was a good idea.

WplusK.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    A friend of mine suggested they use the old MGM fireworks show (they one they still use for July 4th & New Years) as an alternative night time offering and take down Fantasmic for the time needed to make the changes.
    I thought Sorcery was officially retired NYE...

Interesting how it was closed. Never missed a show (other than weather) any time the park is open? Impressive.

• Banned User

the old show is gone.. they have that 4th of july and new years version remember... they could use that for a month rehab... or even better... something completely different.. lol

• Married and happy again!!

While I love Fantasmic I think they should do whatever it takes to get it all fixed up. Besides I wouldn't mind see Sorcery In The Sky even if it was short lived.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• out & about

looks like our opinion matters not as Fantasmic was shown at its regularly scheduled time tonight. sadly, it looks like the improvements will wait.

WplusK.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

hmmm, I think they should just rebuild fantasmic from the ground up.. and make it better..

eg. Nicer boat, Less Water Screen, (peter pan)...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

I think they should put that amplitheater to better use and put Fantasmic! in the park where it belongs.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Its in the park it belongs in.
    How on earth would you put it into use in MK? How would you be able to run Fantasmic and Spectromagic on the same nights if people would be waiting for F! on Spectros route and what would go in MGM?

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I think they should put that amplitheater to better use and put Fantasmic! in the park where it belongs.
    Not sure what you mean by this - which park?

• Disney Memory Maker

I'm going to be the the one person who thinks they should fix what needs to be fixed and open it back up stat. I'd rather they plan a full scale refurb/repaint than just put it together now. Besides, there are much better times of the year to close the show. So I think they should fix the structural problem now & reopen it stat. Then scedule a real refurb in August/September.

Anywho, I believe they are expecting to run the show tonight (with the two normal performances + an extra EMH performance).

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I thought Sorcery was officially retired NYE...
    Sorcery's last performance was on June 25th 2005 (I know because I was down there and would have seen it if I wasn't such an idiot).

I hate to disagree (okay, even I have to laugh at that sarcasm) but Fantasmic was made for the amphitheter. Imo, it doesn't get any more magical than seeing Sorcery Mickey on the mountain. But I guess this is for another thread.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    Anywho...
    May I suggest that if you don't want to start getting called Jim Hill Jr., you might not want to use "anywho" . . .

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    May I suggest that if you don't want to start getting called Jim Hill Jr., you might not want to use "anywho" . . .
    I started saying "anywho" when Franklin from My Wife and Kids started saying it and have been saying it ever since. I also say the word "perhaps" a lot. Jim Hill had no affect on that (and I'm not saying that in a good or bad way).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

All right, do what you gotta. I'm just saying that anytime I see anyone say anywho, it brings Jim to mind (and that's not a good thing!).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast