Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• out & about

Celebrity sighting... Power Rangers Mystic Force!

The NEW Pink Mystic Force Power Ranger has found a permanent home at Disney MGM Studios in Disneys Stars and Motor Cars Parade!

Does anyone care? I didnt think so!

ps. Mystic Force marks the begining of the 30th year of saving the world since the Power Rangers made their debut in Japan in 1976 (thats before star wars was introduced). Whoa!
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Celebrity sighting... Power Rangers Mystic Force!

30 years? Holy hell I thought the 12-13 we had them here in America was way too long...

• Married and happy again!!

Why can't the just fade away? This is as annoying as when the TMNT roamed MGM. I mean even my youngest can't stand them any more. I does like to see the older ones though. He still loves the green ranger Tommy and his old dragon zord.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    30 years? Holy hell I thought the 12-13 we had them here in America was way too long...
    exactly. but if my thai room mate has anything to do with it they will be around for another 30 years. apparently they are still hugely popular in asain countries. and althought they are out of my tunnel vision, word on the street has it that they are still hugely popular in the unoted states as well.

if you ever have the chance to walk around disney/mgm studios you will find that the lines for the power ranger character meet and greets are longer than most lines for the attractions. you can wait upto and hour to meet 1 power ranger. and my room mate is one guy who waited to meet them all. hes 28 by the way! although i shouldnt scoff at him too much... i waited in line for 14 hours to see star wars on opening night. i suppose its cultural.

WplusK.com

• Vehicle rotating backward

I've been subjected to it before thanks to having to watch with kids when they're at "that age." I suspect by this point, the show is no longer the marketing powerhouse like Pooh or YuGiOh. It is probably just hanging onto the teenagers who were watching it when they were kids in the 90s. Pro wrestling kind of survives along the same threads, half the people at any wrestling show today were watching Andre the Giant throw guys around the ring "back in the day."

They had a pink ranger when I was there in mid-Feb, though, so this may not be new or maybe they retired that costume for this one? The CMs in the costumes do seem to have the posing and gestures down, according to the household fan who spazzed out at my videos of them, but I still think it'd fly better at DCA.

• Banned User

my 19 year old son watched the first seasons of them and we have all the toys. ( i remember how hard it was to get some of them) now my 4 year old nephew is in love with the latest group. something for the boys to bond over I guess. I watched the latest version last weekend and it really hasn't changed much over the years.

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    They had a pink ranger when I was there in mid-Feb, though, so this may not be new or maybe they retired that costume for this one?
    The pink isnt new. but something i didnt know was that each power ranger is from a different season. for instance the red ranger is from SPD. so the pink ranger has been updated from some old season to the new season of Mystic Force. Basically shes got a new costume (that includes a cape), new moves and a new position in the parade. She rides the car now where the red ranger used to ride.

WplusK.com

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I remember when the show first started here, when I was in high school, so it's been about 20 years. Tommy, the original green ranger is on the latest version, FYI. (Hey, I have an 8 year old son, I'm allowed to know that!)
    A signature should go here.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

my son is into power rangers, ugggh. in fact, he was one for halloween.

i'm sure we're going to be either in line for a M&G or trying to catch the parade they're in if they still have that. we'll have to do that on a non-MC day during the trip.
    <o>

• Banned User

What happened to the original Power Rangers? like BEFORE mystic force, ZEO, and all that garbage

Oh good, that's an area I know a lot about thanks to repeated viewings...

See the problem is they ran out of stock footage. They kept trying to keep the original Power Ranger team on the air but in Japan each season is a completely new story with a new group of villains and heros and weapons, just like Power Rangers does now.

At some point in the 90s during the height of the show, they changed villains to Lord Zed and got a new Mecha suit. This is because they ran out of Japanese footage of the show they had been using, and the next year's show the villain was just some Japanese guy who didn't look special at all, so the people behind the US translation made Lord Zed as their own custom villain. The new Japanese show also had different costumes but the US people wanted to keep using the original dinosaur costumes, so soon all the fight scenes started being filmed in the US and the Mecha footage was edited to show the old Ranger outfits driving the Mecha.

The White Tiger ranger outfit added shortly later was from the new show, which is why it looks so much different. They were trying to keep continuity across seasons while the Japanese show kept closing the book and opening a whole new one every year.

The original Power Rangers episodes ended when they lost all their goodies and their HQ was blown up by the enemy, with a big "to be continued." They got tired of fighting against the tide of the Japanese program, I guess, because they went back to using lots of stock footage and the different outfits. A new HQ appeared and they used the Zeo gems to get new abilities because their old ones were made obsolete. Back at the villains' lair, the villains were just about ready to party down about blowing up the Ranger HQ when the new ZEO villains came in and drove them out of town back into space.

The villains, robots, suits, and everything in ZEO meant that they could just use Japanese footage all the time again, and so that's how that has come about.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

^^ Whoa, dude, you need to stop. You're starting to scare me.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

You have kids around, you have to endure these phases. It's not like I can remember everybody's name or who was which color, just the plot because it was like a cheap Godzilla movie. Thankfully, our house moved onto the next fad when they started recycling old actors in new roles.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    my 19 year old son watched the first seasons of them and we have all the toys. ( i remember how hard it was to get some of them) now my 4 year old nephew is in love with the latest group. something for the boys to bond over I guess. I watched the latest version last weekend and it really hasn't changed much over the years.
    I know they are still in decent condtion.. (They are a little worn down.. but it's mine!.. lol God I still remember the original season... No wonder i forget stuff today.. lol)

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    You have kids around, you have to endure these phases.
    Indeed. But since I have all girls it goes like this:

Monday: "Daddy, Cinderella is my most favorite princess."

Tuesday: "No, no wait, Ariel is my favorite princess."

Wednesday: "No, wait, Mulan is my favorite princess."

Me: "Uh, honey, Mulan isn't technically a princess."
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast