Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Universe of Energy may be on its way out

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    What are your sources? Right now, I consider this the same as I consider a revival of Beastlie Kingdomme, an insertion of a Harry Potter Ride or an addition of a 5th gate
    You forgot Monorail expansion... and the Hat going away.. and the Wand being removed... (thought i dont mind the last 2 coming true)

• Sock Puppet

Re: Universe of Energy may be on its way out.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
    Not to mention the show.

Eh... good riddance, UoE!!

I hope the rumor about creating one H-U-M-O-N-G-O-U-S show building for a new pavilion is beyond blue sky. Epcot needs sooooo much work! And none of this 'Sprinkling of C-Tickets' flim-flam.

The DuPont sponsorship could be scary. But a new 'House of the Future' made entirely from Corian™ would please the soccer moms and clean queens.
    I don't see why a Dupont sponsorship would be bad. I think A Trip Through Inner Space was one of the coolest Disney attractions ever and it was sponsored by Monsanto; not exactly a company that typically builds excitement.

Actually, I think any sponsorship at the Disney parks would be great. They've been dropping off over the past several years. Sponsorships mean infusions of cash and that means better attractions.

As for UoE going away, I think it's time. I first experienced this attraction in 1989 and I also fell asleep. I experienced it again in 2003 with my parents and even they weren't too impressed. There's a whole of real estate there. Just about anything is possible.

Blog Entries

I was very disapointed in Epcot my last trip there. Something truly needs to be done with this pavilion, the imagination one, and to some extent the living seas pavilion. They also need at least one more ride in the world showcase.

• Self Congratulative

Burn It All Down!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    What are your sources? Right now, I consider this the same as I consider a revival of Beastlie Kingdomme, an insertion of a Harry Potter Ride or an addition of a 5th gate
    All of which are going to happen. (Although 5th. gate is naturally many years off but it will happen eventually). Beastlie Kingdomme will happen but with lots of movie tie-ins and that would include harry potter.

Disney sources can be wrong all the time. Even mine are sometimes. Also, what may be considered doesn't correlate to what's eventually built.

But if Disney guts Energy, a 25-minute, AA-filled, old-style attraction for another two-minute thrill ride thru a warehouse/soundstage type building I'll know the end has truly come for Epcot.

• Banned User

(Although 5th. gate is naturally many years off but it will happen eventually). Beastlie Kingdomme will happen but with lots of movie tie-ins and that would include harry potter.
    movie tie'ins should be at MGM not animal kingdom. and there is no need for a 5th gate. the marketing plan is to keep people on the property for 7 days. and that can easily be done with the parks they have now. I also got the impression from mr Iger that they wanted to concentrate on the parks they currently are opperating and put more money back into them instead of putting out millions of dollars on another dca. all four parks need some sort of fix. some more than others but money is better spent on new attractions. that being said, I really don't want to see a rollercoaster in epcot. Epcot is supposed to be about educating people in a fun way. and mission space and test track are thrills enough. too bad kaiser permanente isn't nation wide , maybe they could take over sponsorship of WOL and make it fun again.

5th gate! Disney's Florida Adventure! Yea! lol

Blog Entries

If Disney even considered putting in a 5th gate within the next 10 years it would be a disaster. They're having enough trouble as it is keeping the other parks up to disney standards and a 5th gate, (while cool) would mean the other parks would just fall further behind in repair.

Futureworld at Epcot needs major attention (and a third ride at least in the World Showcase wouldn't hurt either). Tomorrowland needs some major refurbishing as well as The Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. The rest of the park seems in good shape aside from maybe a new attraction or two.

MGM needs some work, but not a ton. The backlot tour is almost not worth doing anymore. The demonstration with the water area is cool (Especially since I got to be a volunteer this last time) but the tour is worthless since they removed all of it. (Although I wouldn't get rid of the car stunt show to bring it back. That was phenominal).

Animal Kingdom just needs a few more attractions to make it worth staying all day in. The addition of Everest is going to help, but it needs probably two more great rides as Dinosaur doesn't count. That was nowhere near the hype it's given in Disney brochures, and Rafiki's planet watch was boring. Maybe the kids love it, but I left as soon as I got over there.

A major refurbishment of Epcot and the work at Tomorrowland would probably take well over 5 years if they started today. Add in the updates to MGM and DAK that are needed and you've got ten years worth of work and lots of money well spent already. A fifth gate would just suck all those repairs out.

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    movie tie'ins should be at MGM not animal kingdom
    Amen to that! Take note all those who would add Narnia to DAK!

Epcot is supposed to be about educating people in a fun way. and mission space and test track are thrills enough. too bad kaiser permanente isn't nation wide , maybe they could take over sponsorship of WOL and make it fun again.
    Absolutely. Life sciences/health is such a natural hook for Epcot, there's no reason they can't attract some health care or bioscience corporation (and please, nobody jump on me about health care in America, etc.) to sponsor an all-new WOL. I would really like to see FutureWorld re-dedicate itself to the education part of the original vision.

And all four parks really do need significant work.

DAK -- replace CMM with a genuine, "complete" land. I don't care if its Beastly Kingdomme, or North America, or Austrailia, or whatever. Just put a real land in there with real attractions. Lower priority but it would help: Pull out DinoRama and come up with something better.

D/MGM -- Give us an Indy ride, update Star Tours and backlot tour, spruce up fantasmic, add a Narnia attraction and maybe the Incredibles ride should go here too.

MK: Fix Tomorrowland; put a real attraction (Ariel dark ride?) back by Ariel's grotto and behind the Pooh playground where 20K used to be. And then just do basic maintenance everywhere.

Epcot -- basically everything in FW could use some sort of upgrade except for M:S, The Land, and I presume Living Seas since it's rehab is already in progress.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

Blog Entries

I agree with everything you just said Doopey. If they could do those updates I would be completely pleased with everything in the parks.

Don't get me wrong, I had a great time at WDW my last visit, it just wasn't what it used to be. Maybe my memory is tainted by being a child then though so who knows.

I was suprised that aside from Tomorrowland, that the rest of MK was in as good of shape as it was. Yes they need a ride where 20k used to be (RIP), and HM and Jungle Cruise need some updating, but for a park as old as it is, it's in remarkably good shape.

Epcot on the other hand was not. The World Showcase was fine, but Future World was more like 80's world. Maybe they need to drop the whole future idea from that land and just make it more of a fun educational world which is what it really is for the most part now. The Future is too hard to keep updating because it's constantly changing.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    But if Disney guts Energy, a 25-minute, AA-filled, old-style attraction for another two-minute thrill ride thru a warehouse/soundstage type building I'll know the end has truly come for Epcot.
    Didn't that already happen with 'Journey Into Figment-Free Exasperation'?

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

I'll be sad when this inevitable closes. Not great, but much better than the sleep-inducing one that came before it. Ellen is very funny. Oh, well. Epcot is about progress and the show is pretty outdated. Then again, they'll probably replace it with something completely irrelevant that doesn't belong in the world's fair that Epcot truly should be.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Originally Posted by WDW1974
    45 minutes will be an even bigger loss.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    While I agree with that. Energy has been dead to me since they turned it into "ELLENS ENERGY ADVENTURE". I refuse to go on it anymore because it just makes me cringe. At this point I want something new there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast