Smile Our Fairy Tale Wedding - part 1

Hello everyone!
    I am Terence. I am delighted to inform everyone on the planet that Mabel ,now my beloved wife, had our intimate wedding ceremony held in Sunset Pointe near Disney Polynesian resort in Florida on Feb 22 ,2006.

Disney groom and bride can purchase bridal portrait photography package that takes place around the castle. That's what we did. We booked 6 am photo-shoot session. (only two time slots can be booked : 5 or 6 am)

We woke up at 3:30 am in Disney's Saratoga Springs, getting dressed up. We had an 4 am appointment with cosmetologist. Her name is Lisa. She came in right on time. She had extensive experience working with Disney bride. She did a wonderful job . We emphasized to her not to do too much make up . She did just that. It's very natural. I took a picture of her and my bride right afterwards: http://www.mabelandterence.com/Makeup.html

It's about 5:30 am as Lisa left our hotel room. We soon got a phone call from DIsney photographer who was about to drive right outside our hotel room for the castle photo-shoot at 6 am..

As we walked out of our hotel to meet the (Vicky) Disney photographer , the weather outside was not bad. It's not cold . It's not rainy either ! As she picked us up and drove along,We were imagining that the Magic Kingdom theme park must be very quiet. However to our surprise, even though it's still dark in the sky, there were many clean-up staff working at that time. Also we saw other staff preparing and rehearsing for Cinderallabration show at the front of the castle.

Initially, Vicky parked the van right in front of the castle, but i said to her, we preferred to take photos at the front and back of castle when the sky was bright/blue. So she let us go to the inside area of castle first. On our way there, we saw a Disney couple walking by, along with another photographer. We figured that they must be just finishing up their 5 am photo session. As they passed by us, the bride congratulated us. That photographer also said to my bride to watch out for the water on the wet ground.

Anyways, Vicky took a number of pictures inside the castle, but she took the photos basically in the same spot, so i thought of something little different, i took out the rings and asked her if we could have some poses with the rings. Next, she took us to balcony of the castle. As we were ready to walk up to the balcony, there's a female cleaning staff , glancing at Mabel with a surprise look and keep praising her.

After taking photos at the balcony, I asked her to take a few more photos at the back of the castle but unfortunately she said we have to finish before 7 am. So she then took us to take a few pictures in Golden Carousel. After that, she took us to the front of castle. The sky was already bright by then, we got quite a good view of the castle.

Overall, we felt that the photographer was very friendly but she could have taken more photos at more variety spots. but i guess because she's carrying heavy photo equipment, she didnt want to bother moving too much.

By the time we got back to our hotel . It's about 7:45 am. Limo will be picking us up to Polynesian resort about 8 :15 am . Mickey/Minnie also must be waiting for us there too! ....... TO BE CONTINUED.
    (I will continue writing the report as soon as we receive our photos from our own photographer ! )

As of today, we were given only online access by Disney photography to our photos in small size but not-so-gd quality, actual prints should arrive later this month. Therefore for the time being, i took some screenshots and put them together in this webpage : http://www.mabelandterence.com/castle.html

Hope you'll enjoy what I got so far. Have a nice day!
    Mabel & Terence

Blog Entries

Re: Our Fairy Tale Wedding - part 1

Those are great. I would have loved to have done my wedding at disney, but my wife is no where near the disney freak that I am.

• Race Car Driver

very nice photos!
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Those are beautiful! I can't wait to hear more now.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Absolutely gorgeous!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Those are fantastic photos and you are a beautiful couple. Congratulations!
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

Those are great!! Thanks for sharing -- Congratulations

• Minion

Congratulations and welcome! Thanks for sharing - the two of you look fantastic.

My wife and I renewed vows at Sunset Point in early February. They did a great job with the whole thing from start to finish. Hope to hear more about your special day!

• Directly directed

Beautiful photos!!! I've always wanted to get married at Disneyland!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

OMG! What a fabulous idea. Just another thing to add to my Fantasy Disney wedding. LOL

I think its really nice they did all of those things for you, even if the photographer wasn't that flexible the photos look beautiful.

Congradulations and what a great couple you make!

More more!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Congratulations and welcome to the boards! I can't wait to read about the rest of the story...I've been thinking about the Fairy Tale Wedding for a while, and the more I think about it, the more I have decided it's want I want my wedding to be....
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I was deleted.

Wow! What amazing photos! I can't wait to hear and see the rest. I have been looking at them too and the Poly location is probably my favorite one so I'm dying to hear more from a couple who got married there. But again.. amazing pictures and congrats!!