Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

Renewing Vows...

With all these posts popping up on Weddings and Vow renewals, I decided to look into my wife and I renewing our vows during our planned trip later this summer.

However, everything I see shows prices based on a wedding or vow renwal "package".

Well, I already booked our package. Does anyone know if I can "Add on" the vow renewal?

And what kind of price range it might run, as I already have the rest of the package booked? I am looking for extremely small, just my wife and I and our youngest three kids.

TIA

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Renewing Vows...

I would recommend calling the number associated with the wedding packages and find out. I'm sure they will be able to add it on for you. I think what your doing is wonderful by the way, I'm sure your wife will love it.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

How many years have you been married? That's a really sweet surprise, good for you!
    A signature should go here.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

We've been married for what will be 8 years this summer. But we had a small "spur of the moment" ceremony back then, and I just think she doesn't consider it as "memorable" as she would like, so I thought this would be the perfect time to suprise her.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

See, I'd marry you right now, sight unseen, so she'll totally fall for it again! Just kidding, I'm already married, but she'll love it.
    A signature should go here.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

WOOO HOOO!!!!

I just came out of a meeting, and my boss came by and handed me the paperwork showing that he is giving me a $2000 bonus with next month's paycheck!

That will definately help offset the cost of any add ons I hope to find!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Joe User 99
    With all these posts popping up on Weddings and Vow renewals, I decided to look into my wife and I renewing our vows during our planned trip later this summer.

However, everything I see shows prices based on a wedding or vow renwal "package".

Well, I already booked our package. Does anyone know if I can "Add on" the vow renewal?

And what kind of price range it might run, as I already have the rest of the package booked? I am looking for extremely small, just my wife and I and our youngest three kids.

TIA
    Geez, my wife and I just did this exact thing in early February!

1. Yes, you can add it on to an exisiting reservation. I know because this is what we did. Give the wedding folks a call, they'll be glad to help. (See link below)

2. You do have to buy a vow renewal package. The base package includes a whole bunch of stuff and you can add on extras if you want. We added flowers for our two girls.

Here's where you'll want to start:
    http://www.disneyweddings.com/site/v...tart/index.jsp

I don't believe you can omit things from the base package. We tried and they said nuh uhhhhh.

Let me know if you have any specific questions on this. Be happy to share either in this thread or via PM.

Oh, and congrats on the bonus!

• I was deleted.

Aw, yay for the bonus! I was just going to say you should ask Pacha because I remember you saying how you recently did that as well. I'm happy to hear that you can add it on to your package. Best of luck with all of your plans. I would love to see pictures and hear about it if you'd like to share.

May I ask when you're going this summer?

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    Here's where you'll want to start:
    http://www.disneyweddings.com/site/v...tart/index.jsp
    Wow, thanks Pacha. I've been to the disney site every day for the last year planning this trip, and I don't think I've ever seen this part of it!
    (Or maybe my brain just didn't WANT to see it.)

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

This is great info, thanks. I'm celebrating a ten-year anniversary in 2007 and I'm already starting to think about this as a possibility.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Minion

Wow, thanks Pacha. I've been to the disney site every day for the last year planning this trip, and I don't think I've ever seen this part of it!
    (Or maybe my brain just didn't WANT to see it.)
    LOL! No problemo on the link. The only way we could find it was by doing a search on the words "vow renewal".

Like I said, let me know if you have any other questions on this.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

Ok Pacha, one question. The site lists packages starting at $2450 and that the package requires a minimum 4 night stay at a disney resort.

Is the $2450 price including the resort stay? Or is it $2450 in addition to your resort stay? Basically what I need to know, is this going to cost me $2450 more than what I am already paying?

• Minion

Ok Pacha, one question. The site lists packages starting at $2450 and that the package requires a minimum 4 night stay at a disney resort.

Is the $2450 price including the resort stay? Or is it $2450 in addition to your resort stay? Basically what I need to know, is this going to cost me $2450 more than what I am already paying?
    The $2450 does not include your resort stay. That's just the cost for the vow renewal. Hmmmm...I thought ours was cheaper than that. I wonder if they raised prices or something. I'll check when I get home tonight to see what we paid. Probably won't post that till 9PM CST or possibly later.

• Just your average Joe.

Blog Entries

Sorry I haven't been back, but real life beckons. It looks like that bonus that I am getting will be going towards a new transmission in my truck rather than towards my trip.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help you guys have given.

• Minion

Sorry I haven't been back, but real life beckons. It looks like that bonus that I am getting will be going towards a new transmission in my truck rather than towards my trip.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help you guys have given.
    Bummer man! Sorry to hear about this!

BTW, guess it doesn't matter to you at this point, but I realize now that I forgot to update this thread with what we paid for our vow renewals. It was under $2100 with some extra flowers for our girls. At the time we booked it, they allowed a max of 10 guests. Now they allow up to 18 guests. So, it looks like the cost went up quite a bit, but they do allow more guests to attend. Couldn't see any differences other than that.
    Last edited by Pacha; 03-30-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast