• A Little Rabid

Believe... There's Tink In The Sky!

Here's a question for all you WDW deviants out there. Since I have never treaded upon a different Disney Park outside of Disneyland as of yet, I was wondering if the Magic Kingdom also has Tinker Bell appearances in their fireworks display such as Wishes. I know it may sound silly of me to ask but I feel as there isn't a strcuture where our infamous pixie flies off from. Over here in Anaheim, Tinker Bell jumps off the Matterhorn, glides behind the castle and lands in her own tree house above Peter Pan's Flight.

If it is true, how is it done? Where does she come from? Where does she land? Does she have her own cable wires and everything as well? Are there pictures? How 'bout a documented video? Inquiring minds wants to know!

Thanks in advance.
    I lurk.

• Banned User

Yes. Tinkerbell makes an appearance about 4 minutes into "Wishes" in a brand new fiber optic outfit. She flies out of Cinderella Castle and towards Tomorrowland, landing in between Tomorrowland and Main Street USA, doing a flyover above the crowd standing on the bridge connecting the Hub to Tomorrowland. She has been doing so since the early 80s when Tink was added to Fantasy In the Sky.

Look at this picture of Cinderella Castle and you can barely see the Tinkerbell cable from the top balcony of the castle and towards the right side of the shot.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...282&p=71392019

Also, DLParis has had Tinkerbell fly as well since the mid 90's but she does it differently there... She actually flies *towards* the castle with a slow ascent from the Fantasyland buildings on the right side of the castle. So she is "pulled" upward towards the castle as opposed to WDW and DL where gravity takes over and she glides down that cable. Check the DLP Sleeping Beauty Castle picture and you may notice the cable on the right side of the castle. Also the DLP fireworks show are called 'Tinkerbell's Fireworks', but will be replaced by their own version of "Wishes" next month, and I am sure Tink will still fly as part of their new "Wishes" show.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...377&p=71327260

Sorry I have no pics or video of Tink doing her thing at WDW or DLP. Sadly, we do not have a flying Tinkerbell at TDL...
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 03-31-2005 at 03:11 PM.

• Disney Memory Maker

A 'Wishes' video can be found here. If their video doesn't work or isn't clear, just do a google search for 'Disney Wishes Video.'

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Thanks for sharing that link. Great video of the finest fireworks show currently playing at any Disney Park. Allow me to correct myself... Tink is seen at 1 min 35 secs into the show, and not 4mins as I had previously estimated.

• Jaded CM

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    A 'Wishes' video can be found here. If their video doesn't work or isn't clear, just do a google search for 'Disney Wishes Video.'

-Michael
    The video misses the start of show. This begins with the vocals, not the very beginning.

• A Little Rabid

Is that Tink? That flying white orb speeding down the castle? That's neat! She flies down a lot faster than I'm used to, heh.

Wishes looks incredible! I bet it's a lot better when you see it in person. The soundtrack is very lovely. I like how they incorporate both music and character voices as well. Plus there's that grand castle in the distance so WDW takes the cake in this area where bigger is better. Very, very cool. Now if I can only find a quality mp3 of the entire show, then that would top my day off...

Does Tink make an appearance in TDL?
    Last edited by Mousekiteer; 04-01-2005 at 12:28 PM.
    I lurk.

• Disney Memory Maker

Yes, it is much better in person. The end of the Hero's section, Sorcerer Mickey Section, Villain section and finale are so much better in person. The music surrounding you and the story of Wishes is just so amazing. It is much better than FitS although I still place RoE as best firework show ever.

As for different downloads, you can probably find it either on #disney-central or http://www.wdwresorttv.com/tracker/.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• A Little Rabid

Bingo, someone at #disney-central as very kind enough to send me the entire soundtrack. Yeay!
    I lurk.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Also, DLParis has had Tinkerbell fly as well since the mid 90's but she does it differently there... She actually flies *towards* the castle with a slow ascent from the Fantasyland buildings on the right side of the castle. So she is "pulled" upward towards the castle as opposed to WDW and DL where gravity takes over and she glides down that cable. Check the DLP Sleeping Beauty Castle picture and you may notice the cable on the right side of the castle. Also the DLP fireworks show are called 'Tinkerbell's Fireworks', but will be replaced by their own version of "Wishes" next month, and I am sure Tink will still fly as part of their new "Wishes" show.
    Note that Tink will be changing her flight plan for the new fireworks show at Disneyland. She'll still be starting from the top of the Matterhorn, but thanks to some new technology, she'll apparently be moving in at least two dimensions, both side to side and up and down, under full control, not just zipping down the line. They're trying to re-create Tink's flight in the opening sequence from the old Disneyland show. To do so, they're using mutiple cables and technology similar to the sky camera at NFL games to be able to have full control over her positioning.

-Rob

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    Does Tink make an appearance in TDL?
    As I mentioned in post #2.... NO, Tinkerbell does not fly over TDL. She did use to rollerskate in front of "Disney's Fantillusion!" Parade logo float!