•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Favorite Walt Disney World Moment.

O.K., I know this has been done before.

I like reading these kinds of threads, and perhaps you might like to help me here.

Post about a moment that you spent at Disney World that sticks out in your mind.

I remember the Easter that I was at Magic Kingdom. It was a foggy morning. I entered the park. I started to walk down Main Street, and I looked up, expecting to see the glorious castle. I was taken by surprise. It was totally gone! Totally covered by fog. It was so eerie. As I was walking down Main Street toward it, I was teasing some kids, they were probably about 10. I told them that perhaps the Easter bunny had swiped the castle.

That's a moment I always remember.

Re: Favorite Walt Disney World Moment.

I loved the easter bunny swiped the castle story, sounds like something I would say to a kid, LOL.

My favorite moment was last month during what could be our last big family vacation. It was the first time taking my 3 1/2 yr old daughter. As we were having dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. The Fairygod Mother and mice came out and did a little show. Fairygod Mother got everyone to say Bibi bobi boo, and then the lights twinkled, my daughter looked around in amazement and said " It's magic " I busted out crying pure tears of joy. When I looked at my 16 yr old niece she was crying too. I asked her why she was crying? She said because you are. It was so worth it seeing her happiness that I didn't care that the prime rib was tough.
    Keep the magic of the child inside your heart alive every day.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by PixiLove
    I loved the easter bunny swiped the castle story, sounds like something I would say to a kid, LOL.

My favorite moment was last month during what could be our last big family vacation. It was the first time taking my 3 1/2 yr old daughter. As we were having dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table. The Fairygod Mother and mice came out and did a little show. Fairygod Mother got everyone to say Bibi bobi boo, and then the lights twinkled, my daughter looked around in amazement and said " It's magic " I busted out crying pure tears of joy. When I looked at my 16 yr old niece she was crying too. I asked her why she was crying? She said because you are. It was so worth it seeing her happiness that I didn't care that the prime rib was tough.
    Aww...

In honor of the Cinderella theme, I will share a story about that.

This past fall since the DVD came out they had a special guest star lead the way in the parade in the carriage. The Princess of the day! When I saw it for the first time.. you know it, tears. And I didn't even know the girl or the family... not one bit. But I know that one girl will remember it forever and her family and friends will remember that look on her face, forever. See how Disney gets to us?

• Disney Addict

Talking Re: Favorite Walt Disney World Moment.

Favourite? How many favourites?

Well, to pick one... I remember through abuse of the Fastpass service and EMHs, I rode ToT and RnR 4 times each in one hour. What an hour! Good times.

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

I have two favorite moments.... the first was at Typhoon Lagoon a few trips back. I was there with my partner and my best friend, the three of us went to get some burgers when it started to downpour. So the three of us sat there under the canopy of trees munching on burgers and watching the rain, I was with my two best friends in the world.... couldn't have been a better moment.

The second was my last trip in January, my mother and I were in line for Soarin' when an elderly couple were placed in the same row as us. The wife didn't think she would be able to do it because of the height, my mother calmed her fears by asking if she had ever been on a ski lift before as that is how the sensation felt. The elderly woman seemed to calm a bit and during the ride she laughed and squealed with delight! When we "landed" she grabbed my mother's arm and hugged her, thanking her for convincing her to go "Soarin".... my mother and I were in tears at that point.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Some of our greatest Disney moments, are when we overcome our fears. I remember when I finally got brave enough to ride Splash Mountain. I was on a "high" all day, after finally riding that ride.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

This is an easy one. On my 40th birthday back in '96, I visited the World alone (nothing unusual there!). I had just learned to scuba dive specifically for my 40th, and enjoyed my first official dive in the Living Seas. Afterward I had dinner at the Coral Reef, drinks at the Rose & Crown, and enjoyed IllumiNations. On my way out I strolled in through the (then) Centorium to browse a bit. Pluto was playing with some kids, stealing their hats and running away, etc. I stood there watching, happy as a clam. Pluto's handler must have seen the silly grin on my face, cuz she asked me "Having fun?" I told her that it had been the best birthday ever. She then snuck word of that to Pluto, as the next thing I knew Pluto was grabbing me and dragging me up onto a bench. The handler then announced that it was my birthday, and Pluto directed 20 strangers in singing Happy Birthday to ME! It just couldn't have been cooler!!

• On Autopilot

We went on our big trip to WDW a year before last. We had just finished the "Great Movie Ride" (yeah right) and were bummed at the whole display. We were right at the end when they showed all the movie clips and they had that one guy from the "Street Car" movie scream "STELLA!!!"

My dad hated that movie and for that exact reason, I couldn't stop laughing until we finally docked and got out of that drab place

• Minion

There are many for me, but the one I have to go back to was the first time ever visiting WDW. I didn't think I'd like the place. I thought all there was to it was a boring castle and a few kiddie rides in the middle of a mosquito infested swamp. Yep. Disney was all stupid kid stuff. I knew nothing, I mean nothing, about Disney or Disney magic. The moment we made the turn onto Disney property, I had this sense that WDW was different from any other place on Earth. At the time, I had no clue how I knew this or why. Might have been the sheer size of the grounds, the cleanliness, or who knows?

That night, seeing Illuminations helped me understand what I sensed that morning. After the show was over, I had let go of any and all prejudices and racial biases that I had allowed to cloud my thinking up to that point. It wasn't just a cool Disney moment, it was really a defining moment in my life. I don't cry easily, yet I was in tears after that show.

You know, I don't think I've ever told anyone this before. I mean, tons of people know how much I love Illuminations, just not how seeing it affected me personally.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i've only been on two one-day trips to the magic kingdom. don't get me wrong, it was great...but i'm hoping to have my favorite WDW moment when i go on the MC trip in october!!
    <o>

For me seeing Mickey in his Sorcerers Apprentice Costume at the top of the Mountain in Fantasmic! after just having defeated the Evil that has taken control of his mind. I sobbed like a little kid..... how fun is it to see a 20yo man cry because Mickey Mouse triumphed over Evil..... my parents stared at me through the whole end of the show because I sobbed until the show ended..... it is one of my favorite shows to this day...... and althought it has a different feel in DL mickey on the mountain will always be an image that makes me happy!
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997