• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Disneytim's Waaaaaaaaay Overdue WDW Trip Report

Hello all,

I'm finally getting around to posting pics and sharing a few comments from my trip in early February. Without going into details why it took so long (some of you already know), let's just say the last month and a half has been very hectic. It's so nice to get back to normal again.

Anyway . . . .

I had a whirlwind 2-day trip to WDW 2/7-2/8 prior to heading down to St. Pete for a business meeting. Any excuse to add a touch of Disney magic to boring business is always welcome.

I flew into Orlando from Las Vegas and used Disney's Magical Express to get to WDW. What a great service! I'm sure it helped I was travelling on a weekday during slow season, but I was impressed with how efficiently I was whisked from the check-in line to the line for my bus. Before I knew it, I was on the road to the Caribbean Beach Resort. The weather was crappy that day--clouds and rain into the evening--but it would soon clear.

Here's how the hotel looked when I arrived:

Oooh . . . it's awful dark and gloomy up there.

Here's early morning the next day:

Practically Perfect in Every Way!!!

I'd never stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort before, but I was very impressed, especially with the peace and quiet. It's located by itself around the corner from Epcot, so it's not as busy as other signature hotels like the Contemporary, Polynesian, or Grand Floridian. The room I had was clean and comfortable--2 double beds with yellow, red and blue Caribbean decor. Very peaceful. The rooms are situated in separate "villages" spread out over a central lagoon and bearing the names of different Caribbean islands (mine was Martinique). A short walk from my room was Old Port Royale, which is comprised of a food court; Shutters, a casual dining restaurant; a large gift shop; plus a pool and marina. Again, very casual and laid back.

I would definitely stay at the Caribbean Beach Resort again. The room rates are reasonable (for a WDW resort) and the hotel is centrally located--just a short shuttle ride to just about everywhere.

I'll have more tomorrow. Epcot and Animal Kingdom are still to come!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: Disneytim's Waaaaaaaaay Overdue WDW Trip Report

I am going to be staying at CBR in July. I look forward to reading your report. Your pictures are great.

• Merry 2014!

Thanks for posting such great pictures. Am planning a trip to WDW in Nov. and can't wait to see and read your report. This may help in making that crucial decision of where to stay!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Minion

Cool pics, Tim! CBR is a nice resort. Stayed there back in '99. Can't wait for the rest of your report.

• The one, the only...

Micechatters from the West coast are going to CBR in October. I will be going then. It looks beautiful. Any tips you learned that you could pass along would be great.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Micechatters from the West coast are going to CBR in October. I will be going then. It looks beautiful. Any tips you learned that you could pass along would be great.
    The only thing I remember from our stay there back in '99, was that CBR is very big and spread out. See if you can get a room in a building near the main lobby. Sorry if that's totally obvious and generic - you could really say the same thing about a number of WDW resorts.