Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• out & about

The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Princess Room & Adventure Room OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Despite an advertised opening date of early to mid April The World of Disney store at Disney Worlds Downtown Disney District is already opening its door for guests and more importantly Business.

The Adventure Room... is more like the Adventure section of a larger room. Upon entering the room from outside the store you are greeted by Pirates Skeletons from inside an old prison cell. Theres the trademark Pirates fire burning in the window behind them and they rattle the bars of their cell in what I assume to be an attempt to get out. Straight ahead on top of a merchandise display sits an old Scallywag. This is the famed AA thats been getting all the buzz. He comes to life every so often and entertains the crowd with a recital of "A Pirates life for me" and entices people to buy stuff. Underneath the pirate is the booty! the three sided display houses everythign you need come away feeling like a real pirate. there are two different hats to choose from as well as a bandana. Then theres many more options to choose from that help you "pimp" out your pirate hat. Theres jewels and coins and many different patches that attach to the pirate hat via small plastic clasps. Its really kinda cool. Theres even some dread-locks that are made to snap on the hats if you so desire. Aside from the hats theres small empty treasure chests and hollow skulls that can be filled with small rubber lizards or snakes. you can even grab some jewels or rubber skulls or eyeballs to fill your chests or skulls with... all for a small fee. To the left of this main centerpeice is a wall that is nicely decorated with everything pirates. theres even a nice water effect projected onto the wall. As for the rest of the room... well... i think they forgot about the rest of the room. It pretty much looks and feels like the rest of the store. Nothing special or different.

The Princess Room & Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique... has much more consistancy than the adventure room. its much bigger and although doesnt have the type of detailing that is in great abundance in the pirate section of the adv room it flows much better and holds its theme more readily. there a small station around which sit 3 "magic mirrors" (from snow white. they look like the ones they used to sell in the disneyland main st store disneyana. its just like the one i bought and now have at home on my wall.). the purpose of these mirrors is so little (and not so little) girls can see how they look in the customizable crowns they just made. Similar to the pirates hats the girls have their option of 4 (blue, white, pink or gold) crowns to choose from and decorate, via the same small plastic clasps, with beads, jewels, flowers and pins. Toward the back left corner of the princess room, very discrete, is the boutique. Inside is a very plush setting. Its pretty much like a small salon. Theres about 6 stations in which young girls cansit to get a Princess makeover. For $35 youre young one will get her hair "did" and her make-up drawn on. for $45 you can add a nice new set of nails. And for $175 you get all that plus a disney princess costume of her choice plus a photo shoot. Im not sure how that works but thats what the flyer says. For an appointment you can call 407.WDW.STYLE.

Pictures are coming so check back soon...
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

Re: The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Princess Room & Adventure Room OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

yawn!

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Re: The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, Princess Room & Adventure Room OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

It sounds to me they are not done with the adventure's room yet. They are sopose to install video games/interactive toys also. I cant wait and see the changes, please post the photos soon. I worked at WOD this past fall on the College Program and heard all the hype about it and am wondering how it came out.

RIP Wonderland and Exotic (old room names for the two rooms that have been changed)
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• I was deleted.

oooh.. thanks Wes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop
    It sounds to me they are not done with the adventure's room yet. They are sopose to install video games/interactive toys also. I cant wait and see the changes, please post the photos soon. I worked at WOD this past fall on the College Program and heard all the hype about it and am wondering how it came out.

RIP Wonderland and Exotic (old room names for the two rooms that have been changed)
    Aww.. the Alice room was so cool too. Stupid Princesses!!!

• Banned User

My rep is headed to WDW for a presentation meeting today with 73 different Pirate jewelry items. Sounds like they re-did a store just for me and my big booty!!!!

• Where Schemes Come True!

Yes, I was there this past Saturday and saw the room open for business. Not my style of dress but I do know my princess obsessed niece would have gone into sugar shock.
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop
    It sounds to me they are not done with the adventure's room yet. They are suppose to install video games/interactive toys also.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this mainly because the rest of the room was so underwhelming. But yes there is small stand that features some video game action. I think there are 4 different screens on which you can play different games from diff systems. I know for sure theres a Gameboy SP and a Playstation. I didnt take the time to look into it more because honestly it wasnt a big deal. Almost every (Target, Walmart, GameStop, EA type) store you go to these days has video games you can play so I wasnt that curious.

WplusK.com

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hey another AA is good news. I mean even if it is a store. It's a step beyond what they could have done.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    Sorry, I forgot to mention this mainly because the rest of the room was so underwhelming. But yes there is small stand that features some video game action. I think there are 4 different screens on which you can play different games from diff systems. I know for sure theres a Gameboy SP and a Playstation. I didnt take the time to look into it more because honestly it wasnt a big deal. Almost every (Target, Walmart, GameStop, EA type) store you go to these days has video games you can play so I wasnt that curious.
    Video game = for boys
    Frilly things = for girls

That bothers me. Bad Disney, bad! Girls can do things besides be a weakling too. I thought they were somewhat getting the picture and now.. this. Boo.

"I don't wanna be like Cinderella, sitting a cold dusty cellar, waiting for somebody-- to come and rescue me..."

• Banned User

What?? No VMK Kiosks?? and things you can buy for your VMK characters??

(I couldn't resist.. but it could work here.. pink or blue dress cards for girls... cool stuff for boys characters.. lol)

Sounds interesting.. going to have to see it myself... (I will miss the comfey alice chairs..)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    What?? No VMK Kiosks?? and things you can buy for your VMK characters??

(I couldn't resist.. but it could work here.. pink or blue dress cards for girls... cool stuff for boys characters.. lol)

Sounds interesting.. going to have to see it myself... (I will miss the comfey alice chairs..)
    Oh that's just a crazy idea.

• Banned User

is it? or is it? lol

VMK is widly popular.. and hey... they can sell the cards themselves.. por sell them with underselling murchandise.. lol it will help sell them... (like candy comes with a card at some shops, and hats come with a card.. and photo comes with a card.. it helps..)

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Did they install the stitch above the new door yet (this would be in the corner outside the new adventure room)??? aparently he is sopose to be over the door and spiting out water....

I wonder how all this new stuff will last. Talking to some people who had worked there since the store open, they used to have some character statues in the room, but have since been taken out over the past 10 years.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Banned User

My understanding is Disney expects a 5 to 10 year shelf life for the pirate stuff so they are buying and building around the POTC theme as a long term sale and marketing bonanza. Expect to see more and more POTC stuff as the movie nears and well past the release of POTC 3 next year Ya scurvy Dogs!
    ARRRGggg!!!!!!

I stubbed me toe!!!!

• out & about

Coming from Disneyland in CA where VMK is out of control popular I dont see WDW keeping up the pace... I mean they dont even offer the VMK tour at the Magic Kingdom. So I dont see them pushing the VMK cards on guests via merchandise sales. With that said, I think its a good idea... I would love to be able to buy VMK cards. (off topic - My friend told me he saw some Inferno Magic for sale on eBay for $250, with bids!). I also agree that there should have been some VMK kiosks put in. Synergy, right?!

Yes... there is Stitch above the Adventure Room entrance. Yes he spits water. Theres also Cinderellas Pumpkin carriage above the Princess Room entrance and an AA "Fairy Godmother" in the middle of that room too.

WplusK.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast