Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Trip Report Magic Kingdom 03/26/06

I'm not really great at giving lengthy trip reports so I thought I would summarize what we did and the things I noticed and post the link to the photos I took.

My daughter Christina and I went to Magic Kingdom Sunday for her 6th Birthday, since it was Spring Break we were able to stay longer than I intended and boy does my body ache for it. LOL

Here's what we went on and my observations:

Peter Pan's Flight- Has always been a favorite of mine but at the scene where Peter is fighting Hook you can see the animatronics when his arm moves at his elbow. I enjoyed the ride but at that part you could hear the gears grinding pretty badly.

Dumbo- A family favorite and always a special request from Christina, she likes making Dumbo go up and down really fast, much to the dismay of me but it makes me laugh.

Snow Whites Scary Adventures- I like this ride and the wait time is never long for it, personally I don't see why as it doesn't have anymore appeal to it than Peter Pan and that's always backed up.

Carousel- I sat on the seat section while Christina rode the horse, I like the detail involved on this ride, its amazing to me how much is there. I see something new everytime I look at it.

Astro Orbiters - This is a classic fun ride that I remember going on as a kid. Although if you can imagine me trying to take photos, flying in circles with an overly anxious 6yr old jerking us up and down, I'm amazed I took any good photos.

Carousel Of Progress - There was a line for this! Never miss this everytime we go, although I admit that I took some photos without the flash because of the whole "tearing down" CoP rumor. Gotta love the rumor mill...oh wait did I just push this one again. LOL

Buzz LightYear Space Rangers - Looks really good after its new coat of paint, I always enjoy spinning the car around more than I do shooting. LOL

Wedway People Mover (Tomorrowland Transit Authority, I won't comply!!)- I really enjoy this ride, its great when you have been walking a long time, there is never a line and you get a tour of Tomorrowland. Never miss this one either and in fact we usually go around twice.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - I went on this as a child, I still don't miss the exhaust fumes but its still a lot of fun. Christina is old enough that she can steer now while I press the peddle, she can keep it straight but has a problem with the turns. Then when she discovered how much more fun it was to bang against the side of the line she did it the entire way back.

Winnie The Pooh's Great Adventures- Love this ride, especially the part where it rains, the heffalumps and woozles scene is trippy and I always like the smoke ring.

Haunted Mansion- This ride actually went down for routine maintenance but came up later, when we were heading there the CM said there was a computer glitch because the stand by sign said the wait time was 110 minutes!!(I took a photo) I mean, it was busy that day but not that busy! There was hardly a line and we went in and Christina almost didn't go on it because the sound affects were on really loud and she got a little scared but she got on anyway.

Country Bear Jamboree - This poor attraction needs some MAJOR TLC, I am a fan and I loved it for its cheesy goodness but I was cringing badly because I know what its supposed to sound like. There were parts of the song that were to loud, some to soft that you couldn't hear and some of the animatronics were out of sync with the audio. It was so sad.

Liberty Tree Tavern - I have never eaten there before and Christina kept talking about Pluto all day so I called from my cell and by some miracle they had an opening at 7:45pm so we ate dinner there. LOVED the food, I like how they serve you, the waiter was really nice and they

Didn't get to ride PoTC because it is closed for refurb, skipped Jungle Cruise and all the roller coasters because C just isn't up for it yet. My favorite moment would probably have to be when we got her Happy Birthday button and we went to get breakfast, the quartet singers were coming out the side and noticed it was her birthday and sang Happy Birthday just for her. I got a picture but its a little blurry. :/

Other than that I got my VMK quests and items that I wanted and we had a good time and we were home by 11.

Here is the link to the photos and yes some of them are from inside rides:

WDW-MK-03-26-06

**DISCLAIMER** No tourists were angered in the taking of these pictures. No flashes were triggered in the vicinity of any other park guest and no strollers were bumped to obtain said pictures, although one Goofy was required to dance to the Happy Birthday song at least once.

Thank you.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 03-28-2006 at 11:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Trip Report Magic Kingdom 03/26/06

I got a page cannot be displayed message when I went to look at your pictures.

• Minion

Great trip report and pics! Glad you had fun. Oh, and Happy Birthday to Christina.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    I got a page cannot be displayed message when I went to look at your pictures.
    Hmm, I just tried it and it worked for me. :/

Let me get the front page up for you, maybe that will help.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548987042eEcTLi

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Hmm, I just tried it and it worked for me. :/

Let me get the front page up for you, maybe that will help.

http://community.webshots.com/album/548987042eEcTLi
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention that the link worked for me as well. But, I guess that was obvious considering how I commented on the pictures.

Blog Entries

hmmm, for some reason my PC won't see webshots at all. Interesting.

• Minion

Snow Whites Scary Adventures- I like this ride and the wait time is never long for it, personally I don't see why as it doesn't have anymore appeal to it than Peter Pan and that's always backed up.
    I think I know why this is...
    One simple word: "scary". My kids wouldn't go on that ride at all because they thought it would be too frightening. I bet they would have if I had left out the scary and told them it was "Snow White's Adventures".

Ironically, my 6 year old went on Stitch's Great Escape and Tower of Terror, but wouldn't go on Snow White. Amazing what a difference one word can make. "Scary" is a major putoff, but "terror" is OK? I really don't understand kids sometimes...

• I was deleted.

I agree. But at least we don't have to wait long. Half of the Peter Pan queue is due to loading anyway.

Carousel Of Progress - There was a line for this! Never miss this everytime we go, although I admit that I took some photos without the flash because of the whole "tearing down" CoP rumor. Gotta love the rumor mill...oh wait did I just push this one again. LOL
    Yay! It's okay.. I took some pictures too. Until my battery died.

Wedway People Mover (Tomorrowland Transit Authority, I won't comply!!)-
    I don't comply either.

Didn't get to ride PoTC because it is closed for refurb, skipped Jungle Cruise and all the roller coasters because C just isn't up for it yet. My favorite moment would probably have to be when we got her Happy Birthday button and we went to get breakfast, the quartet singers were coming out the side and noticed it was her birthday and sang Happy Birthday just for her. I got a picture but its a little blurry. :/
    Aww.. I LOVE the Dapper Dans! Yay for them singing to your daughter.

Thanks babe for the photos and updates! And Happy Birthday to your baby from Micechat!

• I was deleted.

One more thing... love the card she got at the Crystal Palace with Mickey, Figment, and *gasp!* Roger?! Wow.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...33443741yoneAr

And I see Piglet wasn't there but Rabbit was. That's cool. But he didn't sign the card? Annoying things kids can pick up on.. sorry, just bothers me sometimes. I think too much.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    One more thing... love the card she got at the Crystal Palace with Mickey, Figment, and *gasp!* Roger?! Wow.
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...33443741yoneAr

And I see Piglet wasn't there but Rabbit was. That's cool. But he didn't sign the card? Annoying things kids can pick up on.. sorry, just bothers me sometimes. I think too much.
    *laughs* I didn't even notice that. I love Roger Rabbit.

As far as Piglet, according to our waitress he ate to many jellybeans and was sick in bed at home.

The irony of that situation is about a week ago my daughter snuck into the kitchen in the middle of the night and ate a bunch of junk food causing her to be sick all night, love getting life lessons reaffirmed at Disney.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Aww.. I LOVE the Dapper Dans! Yay for them singing to your daughter.
    Thank you! I totally forgot their name and it has been bugging me since this morning when I started the post. LOL

They really are fabulous and I have enjoyed them in the past. Bravo boys....

• I was deleted.

*laughs* I didn't even notice that. I love Roger Rabbit.

As far as Piglet, according to our waitress he ate to many jellybeans and was sick in bed at home.

The irony of that situation is about a week ago my daughter snuck into the kitchen in the middle of the night and ate a bunch of junk food causing her to be sick all night, love getting life lessons reaffirmed at Disney.
    Oh that's just too funny.

• Minion

Awwwww ... Looks like you had a great time!!! Glad Christina had an awesome birthday

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Wedway People Mover (Tomorrowland Transit Authority, I won't comply!!)-
    It is amazing how many people refuse to call it the TTA...I guess I am the same way about a ride when the name changes...but TTA is so much shorter than the Wedway...lol.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: Trip Report Magic Kingdom 03/26/06

Great trip report! Glad the two of you had a good time...especially since it was christine's birthday! thanks for sharing and good pics too!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast