Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginEAR
    Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.
    Wasn't Big Thunder and Star Tours at Disneyland first?

Since you're taking stuff back, why don't we just take back the whole basis of your Magic Kingdom park? The whole theme of the park, and many of the lands are all copies of the original stuff over at Disneyland. You can just take the attractions you had first and stick them elsewhere while we take back the Magic Kingdom. muahaha
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 04-02-2005 at 01:16 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

It seems that ImaginEAR need to get his story stright cuz he clearly know what he's talkin about. Good point Master Gracey, WDW did take the whole original Magic Kingdom concept. They took most of all the famous attractions from Disneyalnd that made it what it is today.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

You guys absolutely KILL me with the whole "us vs. them" mentality.

I, for one, am a fan of Disney theme parks. They each have something unique and different to offer. Some have similar attractions, and some of those attractions are better in one park than in others. It doesn't make me want to declare war on ANY theme park. I just go, and enjoy.

Breathe.

yeah, how bout you all shut-up.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Thank you Rainfully. Well said.

While it is strange that WDW is celebrating Disneyland's 50th in such a major way. It is really up to the consumer to decide if the want to buy this stuff or not. Will Disneyland's castle sell merchandise as WDW? That remains to be seen.

Some people need to stop getting so defensive any time someone posts something they don't like to hear. (I've already given negative rep to the offending individual(s) who would much rather attack than discuss)

-The Dusty One
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Well, I was going to say, "although the Mickey is dressed differently, at least the logo next to him still says '50 Disneyland est. 1955' to rep the DLR," but on closer inspection, the 50 is replaced by the WDW castle and the banner below does say Walt Disney World. I guess this is better -- it sort of divests itself of being a real hard core 50th piece of merchandise. Now it's just another color choice for Mickey Mouse ears. If the logo had maintained the "50" numerals but replaced the banner with "Walt Disney World," then I'd more than raise an eyebrow.

I always thought the gold ears looked kinda ugly myself :confused: then again I'm not the kind of person who would wear Micky ears

anywho it would be nice if DL did get some specific merchendise, either that or from here on out all celebrations are global (waits for dozens of Disney fans to cry out in pain of the thought of not only cloned attractions but cloned celebrations)

I don't understand this us vs. them mentality at all. I have very fond memories of and love both WDW and DL.

As far as who got what first, it's so random that it is silly for one group to claim ownership over an attraction or attaction concept. For example, Space Mtn was designed for DL but opened at WDW first because a gas shortage in the early 70s slowed down DL's cash flow. Thunder was designed for WDW, but opened at DL first because of construction delays at WDW (most of the show elements were built at the same time).

But if you really want to blame someone for WDW (not to mention Paris) celebrating DL's 50th. Look no further than Michael Mendenhall, Executive VP of Global Marketing & Senior Creative Executive for the Disneyland Resort. He doesn't work at DL or WDW; his office is in Burbank. And you should get used to this sort of thing. Parks & Resorts Marketing will be handling all large promotions globally for the forseeable future.

Perhaps the DL-only fan club will be happy when two new attractions are anounced for DLR on May 5th and WDW doesn't get anything...then perhaps they will be even happier when WDW doesn't get any new attractions for at least 2 years after EE.

I can understand being upset that it is not being made clear that it is DL's 50th, but I don't understand resenting the other parks for it. Blame Burbank.
    Last edited by Mr. Eggz; 04-02-2005 at 05:18 PM.

• Minion

[QUOTE=Mr. Eggz]Perhaps the DL-only fan club will be happy when two new attractions are anounced for DLR on May 5th and WDW doesn't get anything...then perhaps they will be even happier when WDW doesn't get any new attractions for at least 2 years after EE.
    QUOTE]

Am I missing something about the 2 new attractions? I haven't heard anything about this. Unless you are talking about Remember and POD

• Minion

Also, I am not "against" Disneyworld per say. I am a bit disenchanted that Disneyland has become the Cinderella of the parks recently. Disneyworld had the 100 yr birthday of Walt Disney celebration and he never even lived to see it to completion. So, although I am going to Disneyworld for the first time in June. I know that DisneyLAND will always be my second home because it is THE original. In this case...bigger is most certainly NOT better!

Such amazing territorialism expressed by some members. Makes me wonder if some of us are part canine.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickhyperion
    Such amazing territorialism expressed by some members. Makes me wonder if some of us are part canine.
    It's not territorialism it's jealousy...and those fans of Disneyworld are not understanding that for some time the foundations of our park(Disneyland) have been crumbling beneath our feet at the hands of Mr Michael "corporate scum" Eisner and his cronies in Strategic Planning while Disneyworld gets all the glory and new rides and parades and fireworks shows(although Believe is still one of the most magical experiences of my life). I just want to say that I have no qualms with disneyworld or the people who go there unless they have(as some WDW folks do)a superiority complex. So, excuse my fellow Disneylandians and I if we have an inferiority complex. We do not mean to be rude or brash with you. We just want the respect that we so deserve as fellow Disneyites

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
    Pressler

• Minion

I tried to go to Disneyland and celebrate Walts 100th and all I got was this hat!

http://www.mckyfoto.com/ParkScrapboo...HotelHatTN.jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast