Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Okay people, is this really what disney wants? You fighting over the bigger park, and selling merchandise for the cellebration. My god people! Theres other things happening in this world, and your flipping over golden mouse ears! GET OVER IT, it's life! You guys need to realise this little fued is so stupid. We all like Disney, and Dl+ WDW = DISNEY! Guys, worry about more important things then golden mouse ears. This is pointless! This isn't what the 50th is about, your turning the Happiest Homecoming into a war zone, I'm sure Walt Disney would be very pleased

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

I bought my Golden Ears yesterday at Epcot and had them personalized at DTD with a big red "TDLFAN" on them. Look for me at the parks!! say Hello if you see me!!!

"Muska, Mouseka..."

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

Seriously? They let you put TDLFAN intostead of your name on them?
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    Hmm, I wonder why Disneyland didnt get anything for the 100 year Disney Celebration?
    Because there's nothing authentic or honorary about it. It was nothing more than empty promotion to get people to walk through gates by stringing fondly remembered memories of Uncle Walt in front of their eyes.

Please, people, let's be honest here. It's just math! WDW gets more marketing and more merchandise and more budget and more attractions because it can hold more people, house more buildings, and tear a building down here and there when necessary.

Yes, DL lives in the shadow of WDW. It's shoehorned into the middle of an LA suburb and 90% of the place is untouchable or un-destructable thanks to the "That's Special, Walt Built It" factor. It's niche is being The Original, while every other park gets to enjoy the benefits of today's cutting-edge Disney technology thanks to having the land, the capacity, and the numbers to maintain it.

All this coastal envy needs to come to a gosh-darn halt. Don't make me turn this whole Disney car around!

• Mostly Harmless.

WDW was Mr. Disneys favorite anyways!! :devil:
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Labuda
    Seriously? They let you put TDLFAN intostead of your name on them?
    Yes Labuda. the CM said it was Ok as long as it wasn't a profanity. ("Me profanity?" I said, "never! I am pure and child like and innocent...therefore I wear Golden ears!")

• Inappropriate

If we're splitting up the teams here, i consider myself a westcoast Disneylandian. But i can't wait to buy my golden ears when i go to Disney World next month!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Yes, DL lives in the shadow of WDW. It's shoehorned into the middle of an LA suburb and 90% of the place is untouchable or un-destructable thanks to the "That's Special, Walt Built It" factor.
    Gee, and here I am believing that DL is a far much better experince over the Mk at WDW in every respect! Even when DL was run by Cynthia and Pressler, it was a better park overall compared to the outdated and run down tragic Kingdom of WDW. Gimme DL over the MK *anytime*, regardless if it is tucked away in Anaheim. (Trust me, Orlando's south side is not all that lovely as you may all think)

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Gee, and here I am believing that DL is a far much better experince over the Mk at WDW in every respect! Even when DL was run by Cynthia and Pressler, it was a better park overall compared to the outdated and run down tragic Kingdom of WDW. Gimme DL over the MK *anytime*, regardless if it is tucked away in Anaheim. (Trust me, Orlando's south side is not all that lovely as you may all think)

I like WDW a lot but grew up going to DL. I agree that DL isbetter than MK. But they are BOTH great. Maybe its the fact that DL is the park. But I am stuck in Florida now and not complaning.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Banned User

Well, I do complain because I feel I am not getting a Disneyfied experience at the MK to match that of the other DL parks in the World, especially Tokyo's.

• Inappropriate

But Tokyo's parks have the help of the OLC, up until recently Disneyland was crumbling under Pressler, so it's not really a fair area to judge on. Each disney park is unique in itsself. THey all provide different experiences, even the magic kingdoms. a Disneyfied experience happens at each park. True, disneyland does seem to have more magic than the MK, but they're both still great. People need to go to Six Flags and Paramount parks more often to see just how wonderful each and every disney park is.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    But Tokyo's parks have the help of the OLC, up until recently Disneyland was crumbling under Pressler, so it's not really a fair area to judge on.
    True. Then I have an idea... Let's sell WDC to OLC and get WDW and DL up to that level of excellence, shall we? (<---this smiley kills you; use with caution )

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    Someone PLEASE tell me that they still have the normal hats. I am going for my frist trip in 8 years and have not had a micky hat since age 6. I want my ears and I don't want some lame gold crap.
    ?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by monorail_rider
    Someone PLEASE tell me that they still have the normal hats. I am going for my frist trip in 8 years and have not had a micky hat since age 6. I want my ears adn I don't want some lame gold crap.
    I still rember my ears. Red hat with black ears and a "Mickey Mouse Club" patch. :o
    They still sell those at the MK's Hat shop on Main Street and other shops thru property. They also come in pink now a days... However, about those Golden Ears you called crap... they cost $9.95 and are a bit nicer quality than those you are refering to. Even the CM who did the embroidery (sp?) on mine commented how much nicer they are to the 'regular' ears they sell all of the time.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    True. Then I have an idea... Let's sell WDC to OLC and get WDW and DL up to that level of excellence, shall we? (<---this smiley kills you; use with caution )
    Actually...not a bad idea...and yes, this guy lurks in shadows waiting to pounce --->

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast