Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Disney World is selling Golden Mouse Ears!!!!

Was looking at Laughingplace.com came across there store additions for april and guess what there selling? Golden Mouse ears for the 50th the only thing different from WDW is that mickey is not in his band leader outfit like disneyland's its is walk around outfit. they also sell 50th castle plates but its there castle not disneyland's. this really get me mad when they sell things that don't mention that its DISNEYLAND'S 50th not there's. all the other the other stuff just says Happiest Celebration on Earth but still I think that WDW shouldn't have ANY golden mouseears. http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5684.asp

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Gribbitt
    Was looking at Laughingplace.com came across there store additions for april and guess what there selling? Golden Mouse ears for the 50th the only thing different from WDW is that mickey is not in his band leader outfit like disneyland's its is walk around outfit. they also sell 50th castle plates but its there castle not disneyland's. this really get me mad when they sell things that don't mention that its DISNEYLAND'S 50th not there's. all the other the other stuff just says Happiest Celebration on Earth but still I think that WDW shouldn't have ANY golden mouseears. http://laughingplacestore.com/Product-5684.asp
    Get over it for crying out loud. Why were are at it, how about WDW takes back ToT, ok? Deal?
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Hmmm... you're kidding me! Disney World is selling plates with the Disney World castle on it?! BLASPHEMY!

You know what... I think in order to honor DL's 50th, WDW should sell only DL merchandise! I mean.. it only seems fair!

Wait... even better... perhaps it should just close for the whole 50th celebration! That way, not one ounce of glory is taken away from DL!

Also, they made a Christmas Ornament with a gold Sleeping Beauty Castle (the one in the 50th logo) that says WALT DISNEY WOLRD :confused:
    Last edited by Mr. Disney; 04-02-2005 at 11:50 AM.

• For old time sake

I was asked yesterday why WDW is celebrating 50 yrs when they clearly have been open for 33 yrs (I was at their 25th in 1996). I understand WHY they woud celebrate because without Disneyland, WDW would cease to exist, however......

Selling the golden Mickey ears is a bit much. JMHO
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

testtrack321 take tot back it sucks anyway

• is satisfactual.

Oh who the hell cares.

Disney is a company and they're trying to make money out of this whole 50th business. Who can blame them. Besides, why shouldn't those guests at WDW get to enjoy some of the fun.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    I was asked yesterday why WDW is celebrating 50 yrs when they clearly have been open for 33 yrs (I was at their 25th in 1996). I understand WHY they woud celebrate because without Disneyland, WDW would cease to exist, however......

Selling the golden Mickey ears is a bit much. JMHO
    I agree.

Golden Mouse ears should be Disneyland-only peice of merchandise for the 50th.

What I would like to know, when WDW has it's 50th Anniversary, will Disneyland be allowed to steal it? It will probably be a WDW-only party and no other parks will even have the slightest trace of WDW's 50th...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

What I would like to know, when WDW has it's 50th Anniversary, will Disneyland be allowed to steal it? It will probably be a WDW-only party and no other parks will even have the slightest trace of WDW's 50th...
    I totally agree with this as well. Even though Disney is trying to "celebrate" (make money off?) it at all WDW, people who go to DL for the 50th should have some DL only merchandise. Selling it at WDW sort of takes the magic out of it. At least, for me, a dedicated DL/SoCal resident.

Question: Are they going to be selling 50th merchandise at the other resorts like TDL or DLP?

• For old time sake

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I agree.

I agree. We didn't have 25th memorabilia from WDW in 96!!!! We didn't have 2005 Inaugural trading pins...those were exclusively at WDW................
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    I agree. We didn't have 25th memorabilia from WDW in 96!!!! We didn't have 2005 Inaugural trading pins...those were exclusively at WDW................
    For WDW's 50th anniversary, they'll just sell us leftover hats from DL's 50th... all crossed out with Sharpie to say WDW...

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Get over it for crying out loud. Why were are at it, how about WDW takes back ToT, ok? Deal?
    Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.

• is satisfactual.

What's with the whole World War III thing. It's all Disney, who cares if they sell golden Mickey hats in WDW. I mean, sheesh, get over it.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

[QUOTE]Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.

1st of all, we got thunder mountain a year before you so u guys copied us on that. 2nd, we got Star Tours three years before WDW so u copied that as well too. And you guys didnt get the original astro orbiter, Paris did. You can take back Pooh and Buzz, we dont want them.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

[QUOTE=DL_CRAZE][QUOTE]Yeah, while we're at it, how about we take back Space Mountain? Big Thunder Mountain? HISTA and Star Tours too. And why not the Astro Orbitor? We'll even take back MuppetVision 3-D, and It's Tough to be a Bug!.

Oh u can take back Hista too, we were better off with Captain EO.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast