Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: More WDW observations

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Are u serious? Because every resort I went to (about 5 total) all had plenty of empty rooms.
    Dead seious. Swan and Dolphin were sold out, WDW had a few AKL Savannah view rooms free at $300 per night...I wasn't interested in that much for a place to sleep for a night...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The lizards eat the bugs, which make them a-okay in my book.

Bugs.... BLEGH!!!!

*SKEEVE*

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Unless we can back up the budget cut with some basis of fact or documentation I will still keep to the same opinion that I did before, that there is no way to determine that they have lowered the pest control in and around the parks.
    I am sorry, but I don't have access to official WDW budget spreadsheets, but I'd love to see some if anyone's got 'em.

I am a Floridian since elementary school. I have been going to WDW regularly since 1974. I NEVER had problems with bugs anywhere until the past few years when budgets for everything else were slashed.

Now, if you want to doubt that Disney did that with pest control too, that's your perrogative. But please don't tell me that I haven't seen what I have with my own eyes and don't tell me that I don't have skeeter bites on my legs from the other night at Epcot. In othe words, feel free to doubt my conclusion, but don't doubt what I am telling you are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Dead seious. Swan and Dolphin were sold out, WDW had a few AKL Savannah view rooms free at $300 per night...I wasn't interested in that much for a place to sleep for a night...
    That blows my mind. Honestly, Disney must have held back a tremendous amount of rooms for some reason.

I was at PO on an AP rate that I tried to extend for two weeks with no luck ... was told the same thing. Nothing available unless I wanted $850 suites or DVC units etc ... as soon as I checked in they extended with no problem.

There were hundreds of empty rooms that I saw. Really sucks that you couldn't go.

• Banned User

Must have been some big convention.... You know, when people who can't afford staying at these resorts get to enjoy it, all expenses paid by their employers???

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Must have been some big convention.... You know, when people who can't afford staying at these resorts get to enjoy it, all expenses paid by their employers???
    So TDLFAN is keeping WDW1974's crazy hours too!

Yes, there were some big conventions going on. Siemens (no surprise) was at the Contemporary. There was some big investment banker co. at the Boardwalk.

But my fave was at the Beach Club. IBM was having a meeting on how to implement outsourcing and fire employees. Ain't that magical? All the while paying Disney hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) to bring these people to WDW.

• Banned User

So TDLFAN is keeping WDW1974's crazy hours too!
    It's called jetlagg and happens to me when I return from Asia.

Yes, there were some big conventions going on. Siemens (no surprise) was at the Contemporary.
    ...And most probably Disney is paying for that one since they need to kiss Siemens' hiney from this point till that Spaceship/Illuminations sponsorship is up.

• Having a Grand Day!

Those fire doors are locked to stop Guests getting back in to a floor once they have been sent down the stairs and to force them out of the building through the exterior doors, not to stop people from stealing food from the concierge lounge - they have to be locked, it's the law. Firefighters get keys.

• Banned User

And most probably Disney is paying for that one since they need to kiss Siemens' hiney from this point till that Spaceship/Illuminations sponsorship is up.
    when my brother in law worked for at&t they had lots of their conventions at disney, and at&t paid for it all. turns out it was in their sponsorship contract they had to hold at least one major conference a year and they stayed at the newest expensive hotel each time. they even stayed at the swan when it first openned. Disney didn't pick up the tab for any of it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I am sorry, but I don't have access to official WDW budget spreadsheets, but I'd love to see some if anyone's got 'em.

I am a Floridian since elementary school. I have been going to WDW regularly since 1974. I NEVER had problems with bugs anywhere until the past few years when budgets for everything else were slashed.

Now, if you want to doubt that Disney did that with pest control too, that's your perrogative. But please don't tell me that I haven't seen what I have with my own eyes and don't tell me that I don't have skeeter bites on my legs from the other night at Epcot. In othe words, feel free to doubt my conclusion, but don't doubt what I am telling you are facts.
    I never said that you haven't seen anything. I am merely stating that you can't pass your personal "observations" off as facts because they are merely just your opinion. I do respect that opinion because not everyone views everything the same way but you can't report it as a fact when I have a different point of view than you do and have been living here (mostly) and going to WDW for just as long as you have.

Thumbs down Re: More WDW observations

WDW1974 - you are the exact reason these forums need moderators. You inflaming comments about our current president, people who like NASCAR, live in trailers and apparently heterosexual are very political in nature and uncalled for on a Disney forum. It shows how immature you actually are. If you had not ranted on here about a single unfortunate incident no one would care. Bashing everyone else because they are unlike you is no more mature than the person who offended your friend.

Another comment, is there absolutely any other reason to type such a long rant about the theme parks other than to elicit a negative response from everyone. In my opinion, if I was the moderator I would ban you from posting on this supposedly family forum.

I agree there are areas that Disney could look at fixing but to spend all your free time in the parks acting like their 'inspector' is pretty sad. If you don't like Disney, don't go and PLEASE keep your comments to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gripshod
    Another comment, is there absolutely any other reason to type such a long rant about the theme parks other than to elicit a negative response from everyone. In my opinion, if I was the moderator I would ban you from posting on this supposedly family forum.
    Rants such as his have been known to improve the quality of both WDW and DL in the last 6 years or so, and I welcome them wholeheartedly. He's not here to whine and complain. It's just that when you are so passionate about a place, especially one you grew up with, you care enough to want only the best for it and hate to watch it deteriorate, which translates into "long rants". But Management has taken some of those rants to heart and it can only help.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

That blows my mind. Honestly, Disney must have held back a tremendous amount of rooms for some reason.

I was at PO on an AP rate that I tried to extend for two weeks with no luck ... was told the same thing. Nothing available unless I wanted $850 suites or DVC units etc ... as soon as I checked in they extended with no problem.

There were hundreds of empty rooms that I saw. Really sucks that you couldn't go.
    Yeah, oh well just means I have to wait till the Easter crowds go home and go back in May.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by gripshod
    WDW1974 - you are the exact reason these forums need moderators.
    I wouldn't mind your opinion if it came from most users, honestly, but it takes some gusto to go calling a regular contributor a troll with only two posts to your name.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Those fire doors are locked to stop Guests getting back in to a floor once they have been sent down the stairs and to force them out of the building through the exterior doors, not to stop people from stealing food from the concierge lounge - they have to be locked, it's the law. Firefighters get keys.
    Those doors are not fire doors. They are regular stairways. they were never locked. Now, they are. On the seventh floor only, which had concierge shoehorned into it a few years back. The other floors don't lock from the inside. So I'll repeat, WL management is doing it to keep the concierge level off-limits from anyone not staying there, even if safety is compromised to do so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast