Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: More WDW observations

Quote Originally Posted by gripshod
    WDW1974 - you are the exact reason these forums need moderators. You inflaming comments about our current president, people who like NASCAR, live in trailers and apparently heterosexual are very political in nature and uncalled for on a Disney forum. It shows how immature you actually are. If you had not ranted on here about a single unfortunate incident no one would care. Bashing everyone else because they are unlike you is no more mature than the person who offended your friend.

Another comment, is there absolutely any other reason to type such a long rant about the theme parks other than to elicit a negative response from everyone. In my opinion, if I was the moderator I would ban you from posting on this supposedly family forum.

I agree there are areas that Disney could look at fixing but to spend all your free time in the parks acting like their 'inspector' is pretty sad. If you don't like Disney, don't go and PLEASE keep your comments to yourself.
    Have a magical day!

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    Rants such as his have been known to improve the quality of both WDW and DL in the last 6 years or so, and I welcome them wholeheartedly. He's not here to whine and complain. It's just that when you are so passionate about a place, especially one you grew up with, you care enough to want only the best for it and hate to watch it deteriorate, which translates into "long rants". But Management has taken some of those rants to heart and it can only help.
    Thanks. And you are absolutely correctabout my motivations and what I hope to accomplish with them.

I know for a fact that forums like these are activey trolled by Disney execs, marketing and PR CMs, parks CMs ... and real media members.

You really, truly can make a difference from posting here on Micechat.com, and I know for a fact that I'm read regularly by my pals at Team Disney. It makes my toes tingle!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I wouldn't mind your opinion if it came from most users, honestly, but it takes some gusto to go calling a regular contributor a troll with only two posts to your name.
    While I appreciate the backup, buddy, you're just wasting time with a real, live troll.

I tend to attract them. Rest assured this one will go climb back under the rock -- or back into the trailer -- they came from when they get bored.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Those doors are not fire doors. They are regular stairways. they were never locked. Now, they are. On the seventh floor only, which had concierge shoehorned into it a few years back. The other floors don't lock from the inside. So I'll repeat, WL management is doing it to keep the concierge level off-limits from anyone not staying there, even if safety is compromised to do so.
    Even in regular stairways they are fire doors to meet code, unless you /\ are referring to the stairs around the lobby, blocking those could be a safety hazzard, but they can get away with it since those are not fire rated stairs, they are not used for emergency egress.
    So I don't doubt that the stairs are now locked to keep guests from getting up to the Concierge level, but safety is not comprimised to do so, especially since the last thing Disney would need would be the PR of breaking fire code over a can of soda.

But who could blame them, I mean if you are coughing up the extra money for concierge it's not a bad thing to try to keep the running kids and the curious onlookers from wandering your floor.

I don't see how it can't be a violation of code. Those doors open to the only stairways to/from the seventh floor. If the elevators can't be used ... why am I still debating this at 4 a.m.?

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I don't see how it can't be a violation of code. Those doors open to the only stairways to/from the seventh floor. If the elevators can't be used ... why am I still debating this at 4 a.m.?
    In that case, they are fire stairs, and firefighters will be provided with keys to gain entry to those floors from the outside and they are unlocked on the inside. It's common practice in many highrise buildings to have fire doors locked to stop people getting into floors which may be alight. An example of this is Sydney Tower's Observation deck - A 70 year old woman sliped into a fire stairway to smoke, could not get back in, and had to walk all the way to the bottom (The observation deck is at about 300 Meters).

But you are right - the real reason the doors are locked is because Disney don't want people to get up there. Still, Disney would have taken nessicary precausions to ensure that the situation is not unsafe.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123