Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Angry Bibbidi Bobbidi ARGH!!! at World of Disney.

Hi all. First of all, I just returned from a quick visit to WDW's DTD on my latest Quality Control Walk. I wanted to see with my own very eyes what has been done at World of Disney, specifically the newly re-styled Adventure Room, Princess Room, and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. I really really wanted to come back with a positive perspective of these new chnages at DTD, but was sorely disappointed. Actually I was running to my car, with arms up in the air and screaming "MOMMY!! MOMMY!!" in horror.

WARNING! To those of you who are easily offended by criticism of WDW, this may not be your type of topic, so you may want to quit now and go on to the next thread. But if you don't mind some biting thoughts and food for the mind.. then proceed with caution.

Some quick thoughts before going to the obligatory photo spread... First up, the Princess Room in WoD. Only one way to describe it: Lifeless. What used to be a very colorful whimsical room in Alice in Wonderland theme has now been turned into a Princess Wasteland, with merchandise that is more fitting for Halloween and KB Toys for that matter, and nothing you would not find in almost every single store in the entire WDW property. What a waste of resources. Most upsetting to me was the very cheap, very Rainforest Cafe-like AA figure found in the middle of the room... Whatever happened to Imagineering's accomplishments in regards to AA technology here??? What an embarrasment of major proportions have we got here.

Then.. there is that Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique concept. Maybe a well intentioned idea, but really... gimme a break! Isn't it enough that we have outside vendors painting guests' faces in animal or demon motifs all over the property, but do we need a total makeover for little girls to be Princesses in their little minds??? Behold the innocence of children who will see this as an added fun thing to do while at WDW, but I wonder why parents would justify the price it will cost to make over little girls into Disney Princesses. Well... reality check here. Parents will do anything for their kids since they are inmmuned to judgement when their kids are concerned. However, let's face it. Not every little girl is made up to look like, or be Princess-like in one way or another. It's really disturbing for me that there could be some people who will find an element of ridicule with this service when a Princess makeover turns out to be in fact a bad idea after the makeover is done. I pray in God that Disney's makeover artists can accomplish what could be the impossible on some of these little gilrs. More disturbing is the added rules and prices that go with it...
    The menu of styles include "Pop Princess", "Disney Diva", and "Fairy Tale Princess".. the latter being the best choice for your daughters since the earlier two styles look awful in the brochure I saw at the Boutique. Then the prices.... $35 for the "Coach Makeover" (probably this name is inspired by the cheap coach prop now sitting outside WoD's Princess Room entrance..) The Crown Makeover will cost you $45, and the all-out assault on your kid, the Castle Makeover will set you back at least $175.00 or MORE!!! This is before taxes!! Talk about your expensive Halloween treat!!
    ....and remember this: You will be charged a penalty fee if you do not cancel your appointment at least 24 hrs before your time is up, and also, adults are required to be there throughout the whole makeover process... for two reasons I guess: 1) to give stage moms some needed ego boost, and 2) in case the makeover begins to look like a bad idea and you have to stop it before further damage is done. Also please note: Makeover artist will NOT cut your child's hair at all, so whatever hair style you choose... you will have to make sure it looks good without a snip of hair on the floor. Doesn't it make you wonder if these so-called Makeover Artists got their training using one of those Makeup Barbie heads...?

Now on to the Adventure Room.. Hang some banners all over the ceiling, add some video games, some Pirate movie stuff, some gastly cheapo skelleton AA's and presto. You have the boys' Adventure Room. Frankly..the boys were shortchanged here. You know why? Because you can find the same garbage merchandise at Once Upon a Toy a mere 50 feet away in brighter, more enjoyable, less crammed surroundings. Based upon the look of the finished product...Disney is telling us that "boys are dull and boring". Then there is the Stitch prop outside the Adventure Room...which I thought was cute in it's easter costume... That is until I realized Stitch spits on guests down below.

Moving on to Pleasure Island... OMG!! The current state of PI is simply disastrous, but maybe for good reasons. Raglan Road was hopping with business and still looking quite nice since the building has some character, as opposed to the rest of DTD where every Disney operated store looks exactly the same. The rest of PI is deplorable. All shops there are closed, and most areas of the island including the PI stage, are closed and covered with construction walls... I sure hope this is a good sign of things to come. I personally would take great pleasure running a bulldozer around this complex. PI is right now skippable... a shell of it former self. Not that I thought PI was worth it since I have never really been a fan of this place since Eisner opened it to take on Rosey O'Grady's... a much better nighttime complex now history as well. I can only hope PI's current state is the beginning of newer and better things to come to DTD... I hope.

Here are some choice photos of my visit to DTD, PI and West Side... with more frank commentary and thoughts, so read the captions if you dare.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32139204&f=

• I was deleted.

Re: Bibbidi Bobbidi ARGH!!! at World of Disney.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=73997819&f=0 She's pregnant and shopping. Go figure.

Thanks for the photos and your opinions TDLFAN. Always appreciated.

• Banned User

Thank you PigletFan.. And I will have you know..I was in Minneapolis last March 23rd... cold and bit snowy that day... Brrrr...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Thank you PigletFan.. And I will have you know..I was in Minneapolis last March 23rd... cold and bit snowy that day... Brrrr...
    oooh that's right. I was here too all bundled up!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thanks for good photos of the AAs (finally).

They SUCK.
    I was hoping for more.

You know, as "KILL!" as your comments seem towards DtD you have some good points, it is just too large for itself and that leads to shops that are not really there for the tourist crowds, though judging by what WoD is doing maybe that isn't so bad...

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

TDfan, thanks for the pictures! I was curious to how those rooms turned out, meh.

BPF, um is she supposed to be home knitting Pregnant women are encouraged to walk, exercise etc shopping is a much loved exercise

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Thanks for the photos TDLFan. I thought more would be done to both rooms, but ehhh... oveall I am not too impressed. Lots of things in the "new princess" room are just repainted things from what was there before.

Just a couple other things to point out though.... The merchandise in WOD looks the same as what was there before the remodel (from what I can remember), and with everything else in WOD, you can find all thoes items at other stores around the "world". WOD is basically a housing for the most popular, non-thempark branded items.

I do agree thought that something needs to be done with that coach outside the door..... You can see the zip ties barely holding onto the light!!! HORRIBLE!!!!!

As for the walkway to the west side, I believe that is gone for good and Disney is going to try to route all traffic though PI during the day after the new walking way goes in (I believe Bill or someone else had posted this a few weeks ago).
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Banned User

Yes.. they could have done the pirate room better.. infact move some of those stuff out of there you have more room for the themed stuff... (and bigger talkways..) infact the themeing awas at the door way, one and a half walls, and the middle of the room... the rest didn't seem changed...

the princess room... to me they tried.. but not hard enough... it needs more stuff that bring you in... add more movement.. kinetic energy.. besides the thing.. and the tink mirror...

Maybe they will work harder on the other rooms when they mess with them...

(I wish)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    the princess room... to me they tried.. but not hard enough... it needs more stuff that bring you in... add more movement.. kinetic energy.. besides the thing.. and the tink mirror...
    Yes, but they will have to be careful adding to it... As it is, the Princess Room is one step away from being gaudy beyond repair..

I was a bit disappointed but a lot more scared. The princess AA is just downright CREEPY!!!!
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

yeah...the AA's & especially the mannequins are very creepy indeed. the stitch that spits is just disgusting. i can't stand stitch as it is, but to have him spit on me is just more than i can take...gross!

so the BBB just does hair-do's & make-up? wowzers! i guess they're trying to give libby lu a run for their money! (not sure if they have LL out there, but it seems very similar.) i can't imagine spending that much for a "makeover" that might last one day.

i hope DtD is looking a lot better when the MC'ers go for our big trip in october. that "office space available" sign isn't doing much for the ambience!!
    <o>

• Minion

ORGOCH: I'm right there with ya--in regard ta that pricey, prissy, pissy Princess Room, TDLFAN, ducklin'. 'Course my big fat sister, Orwen--who's the biggest loser of 'em all--thinks the new place is just fine!! It's the only time she'll ever git to half-way pretend she's fin'ly a princess. Long as she gives 'em all the money she's willin' ta shell out, anybody's willin' ta lie and tell her she's a princess!! So, see!! They's encouragin' folks ta break one a the Ten Commandments, now--by makin' losers--like Orwen--think they's 'all that' when they's really 'all fat'!! What somebody OUGHT ta do is call the authorities an' have that place shut down fer good!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...p=73997819&f=0 She's pregnant and shopping. Go figure.
    Wow- Is there new medical evidence that pregnant women should stay confined to their homes for 9 months? Guess I better read some of the latest medical journals and get caught up.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I was listening to the official podcast about this. The whole time I just had this gut feeling about there being something really wrong with this Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Like inspiring anorexia in a nine year old. That and Disney sell "bling".

Stitch to me is just a potty joke at this point even if he was being serious.

Just loved your pics and captions as usual. I do hope you still post them at that other place too. Rest assured they are read, even if someone very self-important says they don't look at them.

I didn't have time during my brief visit to go near DD, but, as expected, I missed nothing.

The death of PI was long ago, and it's nice to see them finally removing parts of the corpse. It didn't have to happen, but that's another story for another day. Raglan Road does look nice. I hope to stop in for a meal on my next visit.

WoD just keeps getting tackier. I wouldn't even call those moving figures 'Audio-Animatronics' because they aren't. I'm sure they'll fit in nicely with the Dinosaur eatery that's coming soon as well as those RC animals.

The whole Princess deal makes me ill. But Jim Hill had a very interesting piece today, and I am NO fan of his, about the power of consumer products and the princess line in particular. Well worth a read.

As to Stitch, why are they making this wonderful character so one-dimensional with that dimension being bodily functions? It's not enough that they're overexposing him -- just look how he's with the Fab Four on all the 2006 WDW logo merchandise -- but to play him up as a spitter and belcher ... I wonder what's next? Stitch in the bathroom making other noises for the eight-year-olds.

All of the garrishness of DD of 2006 so makes me long for the old Shopping Village of 1986. But I tend to agree with your captions, WDW's target audience simply doesn't have the money to spend at the kind of unique shops and boutiques that LBV used to have. These are the people who think Target is pricey and Macy's is for rich folk.

Anyway, thanks as always for your great pics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast