Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Arrow Anyone REALLY miss Alien Encounter????

Well, I did an entire stereo "ride thru" of Alien Encounter on the latest episode of The Meandering Mouse. I must say that it REALLY made me sad and now I REALLY miss that attraction. It was a C ticket type attraction but, man, the storyline was just great! The Stitch storyline is just weak and does nothing for me. Oh boy, lets watch an obnoxious little blue guy be obnoxious....The AA is great looking but who cares when the story falls on it's face??!?!! Perhaps Stitch is just one of those love or hate type of character's though...I dunno.

My favorite part of AE was the way they poked fun at corporate greed and the way corporations talk this HUGE game. In reality, we find out that they are fallable just like the rest of us. "If it can't be done with XS, it shouldn't be done at all!" Hahaha...man, that's great stuff.

What do others miss about this attraction??

If you'd like to revisit the attraction thru stereo audio, check out the latest episode of The Meandering Mouse. Info on accessing the podcast is shown below. Have fun!!
    Last edited by meanderingmouse; 04-04-2006 at 07:02 AM.
    -J

Subscribe or listen to The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Real Life Audio Adventures in the Parks

Click for a Short Promo

You Don't Need an IPOD - Anyone Can Listen - Download the MP3 or listen right over the website for FREE!!
    http://www.meanderingmouse.com

OR...Search for "disney" within the ITunes podcast directory and subscribe there!!

The Meandering Mouse Podcast - Streams of Consciousness from the Happiest Place on Earth!

Blog Entries

Re: Anyone REALLY miss Alien Encounter

I never got to ride this ride. The last time I was at Disney, this was still Mission to Mars and my last visit it was Stitch, so I never got to see what AE was like. Stitch was a fun little diversion, but I don't know that I have any big desire to do it again.

Edited to mention, that I'm listening to your podcast for the first time and I really like it. I've never listened to one of these before and this is a good one.
    Last edited by kcnole; 04-04-2006 at 07:20 AM.

• Huh?

Absolutely love it...

I used to be the owner of x-stech.com, but a lot of problems arrised and the site never actually came into being.
    -Tim

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I miss Alien Encounter. It was great! The alien eating the guy on the upstairs catwalk, the breath on the back of your neck, the pressure on your shoulders in the dark from the alien running around the room.

Oh yes, I miss this attraction very much. I even miss fluffy getting blown out into space, he was incredibly cute. I should have bought a plush toy in his honor.

I understand both sides of the coin on this one but I personally wish they never got rid of it.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 04-04-2006 at 01:12 PM.

• Former CM

I liked AE so much then Stich. It wasn't family friendly, but neither is it's replacement.

• Minion

To be honest, I don't miss AE very much. It was a cool ride, well executed, just not my type of thing. Totally personal preference. That being said, I would much rather have AE back than Stitch the way it currently is. Or, better yet, a Stitch ride with a better story behind it. Again, personal preference here...

• Where Schemes Come True!

I actually like Stitch...but my wife could do without the chili dog burp...

-dB
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• I was deleted.

I think I would've been too scared. I missed it by three weeks before it premiered and literally two days after it closed. (I spent my time going to DL instead. Oh well? )

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I liked it. The first time I went on it - totally freaked me out. Than the next time (since I knew the ride already) I took my aunt on it, I thought she was going to have a heart attack! Ahh, good times
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Alien Encounter scared the crap out of me...and I wasn't exactly young (or old but you get what I mean) and basically for years I wouldn't go on it...I have a vivid imagination and what I felt breathing on my neck freaked me out.
    That being said, the times I rode (at this point I will say sadly not enough times) it was very good, far more gory and realisticly scary than anything else out there. Of course that didn't work with those who felt Disney needed to be family, and what we got is Stitch. Now Stitch's premise is fine...but the language used in the story is so retarded that you can't help but cringe at bad jokes, burps and farts, and language that sufferes from less articulation and vocabulary than most 4 year olds. Fixing the story to something intellegent would be such a huge help for Stitch.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I enjoyed AE, but always had a problem with the kids that were unexpectedly exposed to the violence of the attraction. I was hoping Stitch would fix the problem, but it's just as loud and violent, and now there's little to no story - just a bunch of shoot 'em ups around the seating area. A very lame fix, IMO. I don't want AE back, but I would like a really good attraction instead of the poor excuse for a show that Stitch turned out to be.

• Banned User

i think they should scrap the whole thing and put something brand new in. AE was too scary for small fry and stiitch is too lame for most. I think they could reuse the AA on a different attraction perhaps in fantasyland. frankly with the expeption of the orbiter and buzz, the rest of tommorowland needs an overhaul. just my opinion of course.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95
    i think they should scrap the whole thing and put something brand new in. AE was too scary for small fry and stiitch is too lame for most. I think they could reuse the AA on a different attraction perhaps in fantasyland. frankly with the expeption of the orbiter and buzz, the rest of tommorowland needs an overhaul. just my opinion of course.
    I agree, except for the people mover, I love that ride for nothing else than to relax and take in my surroundings.

• Where Schemes Come True!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I agree, except for the people mover, I love that ride for nothing else than to relax and take in my surroundings.
    QFT.

-D
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Former Epcot CM

AE was really fun. I can remember being shocked at how scary it was. But I love scary!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California