Question Question about opening event for Everest?

Does anyone know if guest will be able to view any of the opening stuff for Everest on Friday? I've never been to an opening event and was wondering if disney ever allows any room for anyone but the media. Thanks

Re: Question about opening event for Everest?

Due to space constraints, access to the press activities will be extremely limited. Expedition Everest will not be available to Guests on April 6 & 7. Additionally, Asia will close at 3 p.m. and Camp Minnie-Mickey will close at 4 p.m. on April 6.

I wouldn't recommend going to animal kingdom at all those two days.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I know I've scheduled AK for Sunday...it's the only free day I have in the three days down there. Too bad it's going to be soo crowded...But I'm riding EE no matter what!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by andrewam
    Does anyone know if guest will be able to view any of the opening stuff for Everest on Friday? I've never been to an opening event and was wondering if disney ever allows any room for anyone but the media. Thanks
    They used to until about 10 years ago.

now, it's all about the press, execs, invited 'special guests' etc and keeping the peons away... but honestly, you aren't going to miss much and every website on the Internet will have pictures and there will be plenty of real media reporting from there as well.

It's kind of hard for me to get all excited about the opening of an attraction I have been on a few dozen times since January.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    It's kind of hard for me to get all excited about the opening of an attraction I have been on a few dozen times since January.
    Good for you. The rest of us might still be excited for our first times though. So with that.. maybe andrewam wanted to experience the media day for the sake of experiencing one?

• Banned User

all i can say is for anyone that wants to ride the ride, get a fast pass.cause i think even the single rider line is gonna be crowded. I have not ridden it but I know two fans that between them have ridden 35 times and it's not even open yet

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Good for you. The rest of us might still be excited for our first times though. So with that.. maybe andrewam wanted to experience the media day for the sake of experiencing one?
    Ive riden a bunch of time already and Im still gonna try to wessle my way into the press event just cause i want to see what its all about. One of my Managers from F! is going to be working at E:E for the press event and said he'd let us in if we show up. We'll see. it sounds easier said than done. but its worth a shot.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    Ive riden a bunch of time already and Im still gonna try to wessle my way into the press event just cause i want to see what its all about. One of my Managers from F! is going to be working at E:E for the press event and said he'd let us in if we show up. We'll see. it sounds easier said than done. but its worth a shot.

Do you know what time it officially starts on friday?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    oo! oo! Take pictures! For me? I wish I could be there. You too andrewam! Have fun and good luck getting "in."

• Banned User

I'm still looking for my sources to get me a pass... (i should have done my internship this semester and not the fall... i would have been able to get in easier..)