Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotels

• Empress of Randomness

Hotels

There is a possibility that i might be going to wdw this summer...i was wondering if you could help me by advising wat hotels are good to stay in ?

Thanks

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Laura678
    There is a possibility that i might be going to wdw this summer...i was wondering if you could help me by advising wat hotels are good to stay in ?

Thanks
    Well, Miss DLRP traveler... which price rang were you looking for and what's important? On property/off property - less expensive, more goodies, monorail location, etc, etc?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Hotels

I would start with the suggestion of staying on property...So mcuh easier...

For each price range, try:

Value: Pop Century
    Moderate: Port Orleans French Quarter
    Luxury: Wilderness or Animal Kingdom Lodges
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

for the moderate I prefer Port orleans riverside, they have a great pool area. and the deluxe I prefer yacht or beach club, again because of the pool and the fact that they are a bit quieter the only drawback is they aren't on the monorail. I haven't been to either Aklodge or wilderness lodge, I don't really like any of the value resorts because you can get a better deal off property for what they offer.

• Minion

Hi Laura!

If you know nothing about WDW resorts, I'd start here:
    http://allearsnet.com

Great site with lots of useful information about all the on-property resorts. I used that site to pick a resort for our recent trip and was very happy with the choice we made.

So far, I've stayed at Coronado Springs, All Star Music and Carribean Beach. CS was my favorite, but not by a long shot - the others were also very nice. Stayed off property a couple times also and won't do it again. Not that off-site hotels are bad, just that it wasn't quite the same as staying on Disney grounds. Felt like something was missing...

Anyway, enjoy your time there!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I think I will plug my favorite resort now... :P

Check out my post.

Port Orleans French Quarter all the way!

• Where Schemes Come True!

the wife and I are going to be staying at Port Orleans - Riverside in October...looks a lot more romantic than what we got staying at Pop Century (as if that needed to be said)..

-D
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

I have stayed at EVERY WDW resort, except for a few DVC props. Most I have been to many, many times.

But it's impossible to offer constructive advice unless you tell us what you like, theme, price, convenience to parks, are you just going to sleep at the resort or do you like to relax, is dining important, what time of year you'll be going ... and once again, budget ... how much do you want to spend per night?

Give me some info, I'll suggest some great places.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Price, and the subjective matter of taste (i.e. levels of theming) is important. Looking at your location and trip history in your sig, I'm guessing you're going to want to a Deluxe.

With nothing to go on otherwise, I'll say go for one of the hotels behind Epcot like Boardwalk or Yacht Club.

• Empress of Randomness

Ok,thanks..since the flights to orlando cost about €4000 i was hoping for somewhere cheap but nice...i was thinking of the hotels that are on location but not owned by disney???

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

you mean the downtown disney resorts? I would caution against them. Their bus service is atrocious and it truly ruined my one vacation where I stayed there (Grosvenor, in particular). For the same amount of money, you could stay at Pop Century and have quality Disney transportation and Extra Magic Hours.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Empress of Randomness

Question Re: Hotels

Are there any websites that offer good deals for the hotels?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Aside from the Swan and Dolphin at various times, good deals are hard to find.

I guess I'll go ahead and reccomend PO French Quarter. It's not the Grand Californian (go AKLodge if you want something like that) but it's been remodeled (big TVs compared to it's price siblings and other amenities) so it fits the bill as "nice but not too expensive." I have heard someone say it's like a Deluxe resort at the Moderate price, and I don't agree with that but I would say it was better than I was expecting. Just be careful when you get off the buses that you get off at the proper hotel and not Riverside, or you're in for quite a walk!

The only downside is the lack of a real restaurant on the property where you can sit down and be served and have someone refill your water glass. It only has a food court like the kind you find in the mall and that's it. So if you need to have that kind of sit-down cafe on-call at your hotel without going out into a park, do Coronado Springs instead.

For logistical reasons I'm less fond of PO Riverside and Carribean Beach than I am of Coronado and French Quarter.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 04-07-2006 at 03:19 PM.

Wilderness or Animal Lodge. The best of what Disney is good at doing with hotels IMHO.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Laura678
    Ok,thanks..since the flights to orlando cost about 4000 i was hoping for somewhere cheap but nice...i was thinking of the hotels that are on location but not owned by disney???
    but think of the disney deals.. magical express, magical hours, magical something else.. (what else has magical in it? lol) moderates are nice rooms...

Port orleans river side has nice bus service.. and good location....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast