•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Turn Back The Clock

I would like to turn back the clock and rebuild the Walt Disney Resorts. I have never understood, why the resort rooms normally only sleep 4. I think it would have been much better for the guest if each room was to sleep 6. Put in 2 beds and a sofabed, and while your at it add a microwave.

It probably has something to do with money, most things do. It is more expensive for a family larger than 4, to afford a nice vacation to Disney World. They in most cases have to book 2 rooms. I am traveling with a mom, and her 3 kids, and we could have easily shared a room, if they slept 6. Since it is only 4, we need 2 rooms.

So Turn Back The Clock, and tell me what you wished Disney had done differently, when they were building their resorts.

• Banned User

Re: Turn Back The Clock

the deluxe rooms sleep 5. it's the moderate and value rooms that sleep 4. and that is the way most other resorts in the area are.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Have you ever slept on one of those daybeds? They are not at all comfortable. A sofabed, would be much more practical, in my opinion.

• Minion

I'd like to see more family friendly suites where the rooms can be divided so that kids and parents can get a break from each other. On our recent trip, we had to rent two rooms at Coronado Springs for that very reason. When we inquired about doing this, they couldn't guarantee we'd get interconnecting rooms. Eh? Why not? I thought Disney was a family oriented company? Besides, isn't it common practice for hotels in general to guarantee interconnecting rooms?

Seems like Disney is starting to address this with the new suites at Pop Century, which is a great thing. It'd be nice to have those types of rooms at more of the resorts, or at least change their policy to guarantee interconnecting rooms to those who are willing to pay extra for them.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

It is probably because the average family size is now 4. If occupancies were higher, you can bet room rates would also be higher, which might irritate the average family of 4.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I think the average hotel room is getting to 4 people still in some places, so to do more than 4 right now would be really taking a step, kind of what they are doing with the All-Star Suites. Personally I found the Garden Wings and thier little couch/futon thing great for 4 people, so I don't doubt it'd sleep more than 4 very well. I think it comes down to having what the demand is for. I mean sleeping situations can be akward over two the way things are set up...but 4 is a good number.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

noooo.. In spring you more the clock Forwards an hour, not back

ok.. sorry.. bad bad joke, could not help myself

I think that its 4 to a room as thats how it traditionally has been, if it was any more, it would be too expensive for couple/singles to stay in a room... plus thats why there are connecting rooms for this reason.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Banned User

one of the holiday inns in the area has kids suites. where there is a separate room with bunkbeds. I think that is where the idea of having them at the all stars came up. I have stayed at both the all star and pop century and they are fine for what they are.. but if you have a few extra bucks, the moderate resorts to me are better.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

God, I couldn't imagine keeping a family of 4 in the All Star Music.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

It's to bad the Nickelodeon Hotel isn't close by, they cater to this very thing.

I know blasphemer, but its true.