Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• out & about

Bob Iger sightings around WDW

On Monday Bob & Co. was seated in the VIP section of Fantasmic. Then today my roomate, Colt, who works at "Once Upon a Toy" at Downtown Disney greeted Mr Iger as he entered his store. Colt didnt immeadiately recognize him and asked him if he needed help. Bob then introduced himself and they exchanged pleasentries.

Colt added that before Iger entered, the room was quietly cleared and large men with ear buds stood gaurd.

Anyone else ever seen Bob around WDW?
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• WDW FAN

Re: Bob Iger sightings around WDW

Dinner at Cal Grill earlier this week

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by gwbeachjr
    Dinner at Cal Grill earlier this week
    Do you know whats going on? he seems to be showing up all over WDW this week.

WplusK.com

• out & about

Could be the E:E press event...

WplusK.com

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    Do you know whats going on? he seems to be showing up all over WDW this week.
    Hopefully, he's going to dismantle the Rasulo Power Grab™ otherwise known as the Executive Committee and give Weiss the 'demotion' from said Committee he so richly deserves.

Yup. Not a fan.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• Banned User

Hopefully, now that he has seen MGM's version of Fantasmic! in person, he will order major changes to the show!! (we can only hope).

Gee... this reminds me of my good old days as a CM in the MK when Eisner and Wells took over... Eisner did the rounds around property shaking hands and behaving as is he really cared.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Sounds like the Floridians are trying to show him a few WDW "highlights" while he's in town for the E:E events. They were most likely "showing off" Fantasmic, which may have been his first viewing of either version.

Sounds to me like he's simply taking the opportunity to check things out around property with the Everest press event going on. A friend of mine spoke briefly with him this morning at a Community Leaders event held at Coronado Springs, and was quite enthusiastic about the discussion ... until Al Weiss came over and the conversation dried up faster than a Central Florida drainage ditch in this spring's drought.

My only hope is Iger is showing up where HE wants to, and is doing so unannounced. One of the biggest problems when Eisner ruled was he'd show up, every manager/exec/publicist knew where he was going and made sure things were all perfect ... In other words, not real-world conditions. You don't learn anything as a CEO by having the underlings make everything appear perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy
    Hopefully, he's going to dismantle the Rasulo Power Grab™ otherwise known as the Executive Committee and give Weiss the 'demotion' from said Committee he so richly deserves.

Yup. Not a fan.

Get in line!

• Banned User

well at that same meeting weiss said he isn't in any hurry to hire his replacement, so I hope Iger got a chance to see how things really are here and he will hire a replacement for mr weiss soon. I think it all got put on hold till after the pixar deal is finished next month. then hopefully a new president will be appointed.

• Banned User

Is this something unnusual? Im going to assume Eisner never took the time to take a look around in recent years? (That would certainly explain alot..)

• I was deleted.

I'm going to remain optimistic and just be happy that he's taking time to visit the parks and resorts during this time that he's here instead of just hiding in "traditional meetings," etc.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I agree, it seems while some of it is planned, it appears Iger is just Pearl Harboring some of WDW to see things how guests see them. Iger, genuine or not, knows how to say the correct things, knows how to score points, and really attempts to make himself seem like a real person, not some corperate cronie. He had a whole lot against him taking over from Eisner, he has a lot to work towards and a whole lot of barriers to go through, but he seems to be doing what needs to be done to dismantle the barriers, doubts, and naysaying correctly.

I applaud him! Thus far he is proving himself nicely. I love hearing that he is just popping in places, and I love hearing that he is a nice person, engaging the CMs. Eisner could talk about the CMs, but never seemed to talk to them.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

I am thinking that he went to get his Hair, Make-up and nails done at the BBBotique in WOD for the press event
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop
    I am thinking that he went to get his Hair, Make-up and nails done at the BBBotique in WOD for the press event
    oooo.. let's not go there. But I can see some Disney Channel stars doing a promo or a Disney 411 on it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast