• Fight On for ol' SC!

Off to WDW...1st time

so i am going to WDW in exactly one week. I am wondering if I were to bring my pins will they let them through security at LAX? and also what rides are single rider? cause my family doesnt like all the rides I do. and also being easter break the lines will be long! are there any "must-do's"? Thanks for the help!

• Lowering Expectations

Re: Off to WDW...1st time

Well, I do know that Mission: Space and Test Track have single rider.

My "must-do" list would include those two attractions, as well as the Tower of Terror and Expedition: Everest.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by kronos
    so i am going to WDW in exactly one week. I am wondering if I were to bring my pins will they let them through security at LAX? and also what rides are single rider? cause my family doesnt like all the rides I do. and also being easter break the lines will be long! are there any "must-do's"? Thanks for the help!
    Must Dos (not available at DLR):
    - Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (if its even open)
    - Tomorrowland Transit Authority
    - Disney-MGM Studios Studios Backlot Tour
    - Walt Disney: One Man's Dream
    - The Great Movie Ride
    - Rock 'n' Rollercoaster
    - Spaceship Earth
    - Mission:SPACE
    - World Showcase
    - Expedition Everest

Must Dos (also available at DLR, but different)
    - Jungle Cruise
    - Pirates of the Caribbean (although, its currently closed)
    - Haunted Mansion
    - Splash Mountain
    - Big Thunder (arguably better at WDW, imho)
    - Space Mountain
    - DINOSAUR (clone of Indy, but with Dinosaurs, not Mara)

...I'm sure theres other stuff... thats just what I thought of off the top of my head. Have fun! Be sure to pack light clothes, cause if the humidity is full force in Florida already, you won't want to be wearing jeans or thick shirts.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Talking Re: Off to WDW...1st time

thanks^

• I was deleted.

Interesting how you started this in the Disneyland forum and not the WDW one, but whatever works again.

MasterGracey listed a lot of good attractions to check out and yes, CoP is still open! Don't forget the Peoplemover err, TTA also. You can feel free to skip Stitch's Great Escape and still live. I'd also say it would be fun to try the Astro Orbiter as it's up on a platform (as I think it should be). Spash Mountain is a classic and it's very strong at WDW and you can't forget Country Bears either! You'll want to hit up E:E since it's open and you can't forget iluvstitch's safari. Festival of The Lion King is a great show and it's also at HKDL now. I also like the Voyage of the Little Mermaid show. Rockin'n Rollercoaster is great and you can check out Tower of Terror there if you want to see the random drop sequence in action.

As far as single riders go, there aren't a lot because WDW has a lot more groups come than singles. So use those fast passes!! Here are some attractions that offer it:
    • Mission Space
    • Test Track
    • E:E (a warning from TDLFAN.. protect yourself because this line is quite sunny!)
    With your pins in consideration, think of how many Disney fans enter and exit LAX with pins? I am one of them. One word is not to bring too many and just bring what you'll trade. WDW traders are a lot different than DLR ones. Their interests and pins also vary. They're big on Cruise line and lanyard pins while DLR traders seem big on auction pins. Just a different, um... group. I wouldn't say not as hard-core, but that isn't true. It's hard to describe.

Not sure if you're staying on property... but if you are, it's also a good idea to find out what will be offered for EMH and do those attractions and shows then instead.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

WDW...1st time

so I am leaving DLR for a week and heading to WDW. I was wondering about single rider lines, my family doesnt like all the rides I do and because of spring break. Also, are there any "must do's" for a 1st time visitor?

• I was deleted.

so I am leaving DLR for a week and heading to WDW. I was wondering about single rider lines, my family doesnt like all the rides I do and because of spring break. Also, are there any "must do's" for a 1st time visitor?
    Why not just merge the threads and have one in here instead of two?

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: WDW...1st time

im sorry, im new at this i havent learned all the ropes yet!

• I was deleted.

im sorry, im new at this i havent learned all the ropes yet!
    It's okay. I sent a mod a PM about it. I just made the suggestion in the other to possibly get it moved.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: WDW...1st time

Expedition Everest and Mission Space and (I think) Test Track are the rides with single rider lines.

My advice for you as another first-time DLer who finished up his trip is to try and not get TOO sucked into Magic Kingdom. Although it's worth a trip to gawk at the big castle, ride the Peoplemover (seriously, it still lives!) and wish it was at DL, go see Carousel (although Pre-ASings DL Carousel was better), and do PhilharMagic. If you want to do anything more in there, the Robinson pre-Tarzan treehouse is there. Splash is better than DL, Fantasyland dark rides are worse(!) than DL, and Space Mountain is very different but not worth doing unless you get a fastpass immediately and then go do all the other things above. Stitch's Great Escape can be skipped. The original Country Bears show (not the Vacation Hoedown that had been playing at DL for decades) is here too, but I found it to be pretty rough.

Other than that, try not to hang around there too long, because I can tell you that while it's awesome to wander around just because it looks like DL On Steroids, you don't want to go home wishing you spent more time investigating the parks that you can't find elsewhere.

Epcot has a ton of stuff although it's currently in a phase where some of the stuff looks really old and from the days when Disney a sinking ship and some of it is really new and either done well or not so well. Spaceship Earth is a must-do, Test Track is probably the better of the two thrill rides since Mission SPACE is just a fancy sim (it seems that the cynics here are old Epcot fans who bemoan the idea of thrill rides at Epcot, so picking MS or TT to them is like choosing between vomit and vinegar.) As far as slow rides, Living with the Land is as entertaining as looking through greenhouses can be, which I felt was actually more entertaining than the Imagination ride next door. Universe of Energy with Ellen is a real love it or hate it kind of thing, it's a pretty long show with quite a bit of film framing what is really an expanded Primeval World. I imagine you're familiar with Soarin'.

World Showcase is a money pit most hours of the day, a place to get food or souveniers. There are two actual boat rides, but they're both cheesy and not the best of Disney. Mexico's is just plain bad and Norway's is so bad that it's good. However, at night World Showcase is the location of the IllumiNations fireworks show, and it supposedly blows the doors off of Wishes and Remember even though it has no castle, Tinkerbelle, or Disney music (although the John Williams-style score is quite good.) So it's a much better fireworks show than the one at Magic Kingdom, but if your family wants to hear music from Aladdin and other films then they'll have to go to MK. Try and catch both shows.

MGM has a superior version of Tower compared to DL, Rock n Roller Coaster (indoor roller coaster that is a little less Disney and a little more like Universal), an Indy stunt show that is probably worth seeing, an auto stunt show that is probably not worth seeing, the animation exhibit which is only okay, the Walt Disney exhibit with is a must-see if you're a Disney parks nerd or a DL local, and a "movie lot tour" that mostly rolls you through abandoned production buildings since nobody films anything here anymore and moved all the work to Canada and Australia where it's cheaper.

In addition to all this, the Great Movie Ride and Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous are decent ways to while away any spare time. GMR I wouldn't wait in line TOO long for because it hasn't aged well, and Sounds Dangerous is like Stitch without all the "4D" smell and water effects, in that you're in the dark and binaural sound makes you feel that you're some place else.

Animal Kingdom is either a LOT of ways to kill time or just something you have to walk through to get to Everest, depending on how interested you are in observing exotic animals.

• The Fantasyland guy

E:E is good.. just went on it last week when I went to WDW for my first trip ever.

E:E hs a single riders line. single riders line was about 5 minute wait wile regular standby was 90 minutes. (Im sure E:E will be longer now that it is open, they ran out of fastpases around 11am)

also just to let you know, E:E has one of the best queues I have ever seen. it is really setup well. I reccomend you wait int he standby and not skip using fastpass... you wont be dissapointed.

• Banned User

hmm.. we must have a WDW meet when you come...

(not it! for organizing it..)

Do what they say.. they know what they are talking about...