Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

Re: What would you say the best restaurant is for each park?

I crave Dole Whips. I swear I'm buying about fifteen this year - I'll freeze them and smuggle them through Her Majesty's Customs and Excise.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Lol, home to two things, dole whips and dole whip floats.
    But they are amazingly that good.
    Ooooh.. yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I crave Dole Whips. I swear I'm buying about fifteen this year - I'll freeze them and smuggle them through Her Majesty's Customs and Excise.
    Uh-oh. Nice avatar too. I guess I introduced you to something you like. And you won't get them far. A friend once tried to bring me one at the Studios.... and it melted. And that was December.

Oh.. and I just call them "a place of eatery." I Aloha Isle and the candy shop on Sunset, Sweet Treats.

I can't understand why anyone would go to WDW and just eat expensive crappy fast food. You'd be better to go off property and eat at McDonald's or Subway or Chick-Fil-A or Wendy's etc ...

WDW has some incredible places to dine, even in the parks (especially Epcot). But I don't actually go to WDW just to 'ride the rides' which likely places me in the minority of people here.

As to MickeyMania, I haven't ever had a bad buffet in Las Vegas. The new one at the Mirage (Dishes?) is wonderful. I also have recently had the buffets at both the MGM-Grand and LV Hilton and they were both very good. The Hilton, for dinner, is the biggest bargain in town.

• Banned User

MK: crystal palace
    Epcot: Italy
    MGM: Prime time cafe
    none at AK

from my experiances with all the restuarants i have been to so far.
    MK: liberty tree tavern
    Epcot: rose and crown
    mgm studios: well, i have only eaten at the prime time cafe there.
    animal kingdom: go to the animal hotel and eat at bomas. its so good!!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • State sponsored cyclist

My only trips were in 1999 and 2000. My favorites were:
    MK: Liberty tree
    Epcot: Marrakesh (the teppanyaki place in Japan comes in second)
    MGM: nothing comes to mind
    AK: Flame Tree (didn't eat at RFC either trip)
    Outside the parks: California Grill, Spoodles, and Beaches and Cream
    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    As to MickeyMania, I haven't ever had a bad buffet in Las Vegas. The new one at the Mirage (Dishes?) is wonderful. I also have recently had the buffets at both the MGM-Grand and LV Hilton and they were both very good. The Hilton, for dinner, is the biggest bargain in town.
    The Rio "World Buffet" is prob the best buffet in all the world. Thats right, I said it! Now what?

The buffet at the Bellagio is the nicest buffet ever.

If you ever make it to California stop by the Storytellers cafe in the Grand Californian @ the DLR. Excellent.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

@WRDinc

• The one, the only...

MK: Crystal Palace (I enjoy this food here every time. I have not tried more restaurants, but I should? Why change when you have found a good thing?)
    EP: SO HARD BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY GOOD ONES. I would have to choose Morocco. I love it there. Second place goes to Le Cellier. Those Canadians know how to cook!
    DS: Hollywood Brown Derby
    DAK: Has to be the Rain Fortest, but there is competition coming! (Does Boma count? I love that place and go there for dinner on DAK days at WDW.)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Blog Entries

I can't understand why anyone would go to WDW and just eat expensive crappy fast food. You'd be better to go off property and eat at McDonald's or Subway or Chick-Fil-A or Wendy's etc ...
    Mainly because I don't get to visit the parks very often. I'd like to visit 4 times a year, but my last visit was the first one back in 15 years. I just haven't had the money to go until January. When one only gets there that seldom, I want to see all the rides and sitting down for a few hours each day to eat cuts into that time.

Maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to live in the Orlando area and be able to visit the parks as often as I want, but until then I won't be able to.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

WDW has some incredible places to dine, even in the parks (especially Epcot). But I don't actually go to WDW just to 'ride the rides' which likely places me in the minority of people here.
    Nope, your not in the minority. Everytime we go I try and find a new place for us to eat. There are so many that we just haven't experienced yet that I have started making a list.

But I don't actually go to WDW just to 'ride the rides' which likely places me in the minority of people here.
    I'm with you. Dining is a very important aspect of any vacation I take! It's just important as where I stay and what we do. I enjoy trying new places...you never know what you'll find that you may like!
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Self Congratulative

MK--Liberty Tree Tavern (lunch only WITHOUT characters!);
    Epcot -- LeCellier (although there are many great choices);
    MGM -- Brown Derby;
    DAK -- Flame Tree BBQ;
    My choices exactly especially with Liberty Tree at lunch. That's probably some of the best food on the entire resort.

Flame Tree, for being counter service is actually pretty good, my only problem is at the lunch rush there is nowhere near enough tables and people fight for them (literally). It still kicks the crap out of Landry's... umm... I mean Rainforest Cafe.

As far as MGM, Brown Derby rocks and I also love the Sci-Fi when good tables are available.

I have no idea how anyone can like Cinderella's Royal Table... the food is just plain aweful and too expensive for the experience. But I guess eating in the castle has its novelty.

As far as San Angel at Epcot... well about 6 years ago before the major recipe and menu change it was the best. Being from San Antonio it made me feel a little at home. But recently the food has been terrible. What used to be the best tortilla soup is now salt water in a bowl with some avacado for $12.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well I'm not rich, and two meals a day at sit down prices puts a wicked big dent in my budget. I'm all about trying a new place or two when I go down, and some places like Beaches & Cream and Whispering Canyon have become all time favorites, but there is the big cost prohibitors that make most people have to eat many a meal at fast food.

You want expensive crappy fast food? Six Flags. They have worse food, for more money.

Frankly I find WDW's fast food better than McDonald's, and I don't have to go off property to eat WDW's fast food. And you just have to know where to look. Hot Dogs at Caseys are great. Sommerfest is EPCOT is excellent. And sometimes you just want a cheap burger or fish in a setting you can't get at home. McDonald's I can get everywhere. A burger in a future cafe with a singing alien, only in WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Nope, your not in the minority. Everytime we go I try and find a new place for us to eat. There are so many that we just haven't experienced yet that I have started making a list.
    That's kind of what I do now, although I've eaten at probably 80% of all locations on property at least once.

I try and go to one place, full serve or counter serve, that either I have never been to or haven't been in a long time.

Two weeks ago, that was Narcoosee's where I hadn't been in years. It was still wonderful, although the choices (like everywhere at WDW, which I feel is a direct result of the dining program) were slim. A seafood restuarant should have more than four seafood entrees on the menu, especially a moderate-to-high end one. Of course, I wound up with a terrfiic filet but the point is still valid.

My next trip I will definitely try Raglan Road and am thinking about trying Citricos, where I had an awful experience service-wise in 2001, another shot.

• I was deleted.

That's kind of what I do now, although I've eaten at probably 80% of all locations on property at least once.
    Well at least we know you eat. I must agree that things are the best. I mainly ate the chicken basket, Chick-en counter, whatever you want to call it. At DLR I always get the kids meal version but I couldn't stand it at WDW. Go figure? They got those extra bucks out of me that way. But I usually didn't eat that much there. More sweets I guess?

I would also say that I adore the Prime Time Cafe! (and maybe a waiter or two, *cough!*Jason*cough!*) There are some other places that I never got to eat at, but I loved Ohana's hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    haha.. just like your husband doesn't want you to? Eh, honey I say GO FOR IT! I did the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Well I'm not rich, and two meals a day at sit down prices puts a wicked big dent in my budget. I'm all about trying a new place or two when I go down, and some places like Beaches & Cream and Whispering Canyon have become all time favorites, but there is the big cost prohibitors that make most people have to eat many a meal at fast food.

You want expensive crappy fast food? Six Flags. They have worse food, for more money.

Frankly I find WDW's fast food better than McDonald's, and I don't have to go off property to eat WDW's fast food. And you just have to know where to look. Hot Dogs at Caseys are great. Sommerfest is EPCOT is excellent. And sometimes you just want a cheap burger or fish in a setting you can't get at home. McDonald's I can get everywhere. A burger in a future cafe with a singing alien, only in WDW.
    I'm like you tloolbg, but I must say that I think Universal's food might be worse than Six Flags. It's been a while since I've been there, but the food a Universal?? The only thing I could attempt to eat was pizza, but only from the IOA Toon location, the other was worse. So all in all Disney's food is decent and consistent from location to location. That way I can eat at the Electric Umbrella, ABC Commissary, Liberty Inn, or Cosmic Rays and still have my chicken all the same.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast