Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: What would you say the best restaurant is for each park?

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I would also say that I adore the Prime Time Cafe! (and maybe a waiter or two, *cough!*Jason*cough!*)
    Only place I've ever seen a grown man in time out facing the wall.

• Vehicle rotating backward

BTW, Electric Umbrella has honey mustard dipping sauce for your chicken strips. Talltale Inn and Commissary didn't when I looked, neither did the POFQ cafeteria and that was unfortunate because I always love that dip with my chicken.

My favorites, from what I've tried:

MK: Colombia Harbor House. Their homemade tea is great, as is the ham and cheese sandwich with coleslaw on the olive bread. Forget what it's called. I was told that the bread is shipped fresh every week from Canada. Plus, there is plenty of space to eat in there. Not many people even realize to go upstairs, so most of the time, you can have a whole floor to yourself.

MGM: I've only ate at the Prime Time and the Sci Fi. Both of the places have a great ambience, the best being the Sci Fi. The food, i believe is mediocre in both places, however. And it weirded me out how alot of the decor at the prime time i could find in my parents house .

Epcot: I'm going to say the counter service in Mexico. I liked it better than Cantina San Angel. With that being said, eating inside at the cantina was one of the most relaxing spots in Epcot, with the volcano and the water, and everything in dark tones. I loved watching the guy shape glass into little dragons, too.

AK: Have never ate here. I have eaten at Jiko, however, and it was a beautiful restaurant. The staff was very friendly, too. they had no problem explaining what everything was, even though I'm sure they have to go through it like 100 times a night. The food was pretty good, too. I liked the sampler appetizers, with the different sauces. I don't remember what any of them were, but they were good. I had the Lamb for my entree, and it was ok. not spectacular. My girlfriend had the chicken with the potatoes, and that was great.

DTD: Wolfgang Pucks I really enjoyed. different tastes from different places. the pizza was good as well as the sushi. I also liked the Earl of Sandwich. The place was crammed, but they did have some awesome sandiwches.

I went to the California Grill, but I only had enough money to eat tomatoes with goat cheese and balsamic vinegar. haha. The place smelled amazing, however. And the Sunset was great.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Any opinions on Ohana's at the Polynesian?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I forgot the mention the cafeteria experiences. The Commissary isn't bad, but I thought the electric umbrella was discusting. The bread they used for their sandiwhces was gross. I don't even know what it was, the pieces were like an inch thick.

For my family, dinner reservations and eating out in disney world is just as important as the rides and hotel themselves. we already have reservations for every single night we're there next month for a different place (they did the magic your way dining so they're really gonna try to live it up). But as far as i'm concerned, these are the bests:
    MK-- Tony's Town Square for Breakast
    Crystal Palace for dinner
    ***I've seen mice scurry across the floor all 3 times i've been to Liberty Tree Tavern, and they aren't the mickey-minnie kind.

Epcot-- Le Cellier, very best Surf and Turf in the world, the filet is to die for and the lobster tail melts in your mouth
    Alfredo's is always fun but the quality has gone down in the past couple years, but swinging napkins around your head is always a good time.

MGM-- Mama Melrose's has amazing italian, maybe the best in WDW, and it's never really busy and rather hidden

AK-- Rainforest, but just go to split the appetizers, main entrees aren't that great. But i always enjoy some mickey d's fries for an eighth the price

Elsewhere-- O'Hana's at the Polynesian is wonderful. For dessert, they serve pineapple wedges and a hot caramel fondue type of thing.

Yachtsmen's Steakhouse at the Y&BCLub

And lastly, I MISS Cap'n Jack's Oyster Bar. used to take the ferry down from the Dixie and load up on oysters on the half shell and littlenecks. we're from RI so seafood's our pasttime, and they did it right, beautiful location on the water and never ever busy. maybe that's why they changed the whole place.
    You are splashing in the stream
    of an unremembered dream,
    you are searching through the eye
    of a seeker in the sky

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    I liked Ohanas. the Food was really good. The only problems I had were that the shrimp were not cooked all the way when I was there, therefore the shells wouldn't come off. It also bothered me that they grab up the kids in the middle of the meal, and make them do a contest to win gummy worms, and then they never eat their dinner!

The kona cafe was good for breakfast, but I don't think the banana stuffed french toast was all it's cracked up to be. the french toast is FILLED with oil. when you bite into it, it's like drinking out of a frying pan. I guess it's been a staple for so long though, so people must like it.

• I was deleted.

As I've said before.. LOVE IT! It's family style.. you're all cousins. It's all you care to eat so come hungry! Love the breakfast but the dinner was AMAZING! I just had to go back.

I didn't see your last message but i absolutely love love love O'Hanas. The Polynesian is my favorite place in the world but now with rooms being upwards of $400 a night we haven't stayed in many years. It's always a great trip to take the ferry from the MK over there for dinner at Ohana's though. The food is really good, very "hawaiin" with a smokey taste from being just cooked in the big tropical pit. Really fun drinks too. They do great stuff if you have kids, like races around the center hitting coconut balls with sticks and that sort of thing. And again, that's the best dessert in the world. Also, stay after, have some tropical drinks and then head outside to watch the Electric Water Parade that goes around the seven seas lagoon and catch the best fireworks show you'll ever see from the Poly beach. it's usually one of the best nights on the trip.
    You are splashing in the stream
    of an unremembered dream,
    you are searching through the eye
    of a seeker in the sky

• Drunk On Disney

Animal Kingdom: Rainforest Cafe
    I am big fan of this place. I am surprised to see so many of you are not. I love the theming and the "Bamba's BBQ Wrap."
    Plus, if you join the Rainforest Club you don't have to wait for your table!

Magic Kingdom: Liberty Tree Tavern
    I like the character dinner. Great food.
    My favorite food in the park has to be the turkey leg. I get it in Tomorrowland where they call it a "Galactic Gobbler." Something about the silly name makes it taste better.

Disney/MGM Studios: SciFi Dine In Theater
    I would actually consider this my favorite ATTRACTION at DMGM. I think the film clips they play are soooo awesome. I prefer to go for lunch because the interior has a "night time" theme. Going in while it is still light outside makes it more surreal.

Epcot: Coral Reef
    Amazing setting and great seafood. I once ate a pirana there!
    I do miss the days when you could "sing for your table." Anyone else remember that?
    If you asked for a table by the front of the tank they made you sing "Under the Sea" for the people in the waiting area. Then they took at photo for their photo album.
    I was told they stopped doing this, however.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    That's kind of what I do now, although I've eaten at probably 80% of all locations on property at least once.
    Do you go to many character meals? I am a huge Alice fan and I wanted to try out 1900 Park Faire. Have you done it? I am curious your opinion on it. I've read the reviews on allears but you are a very blunt and honest person, which I appreciate. So I'm interested to see what you have to say about it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    haha.. just like your husband doesn't want you to? Eh, honey I say GO FOR IT! I did the same thing.
    LOL Yeah, I admit I mainly go for the food and the ambiance. Having my children go just gives me an excuse for us to have family time and for them to have fun.

Breakfast we did once, four years ago. It was mediocre to lousy.

Dinner has always been excellent and I would recommend it. But about six months ago the prices went up and the menu changed a bit. Gone were the jumbo shrimp skewers replaced by sausage along with steak and turkey (surprisingly good smoked). Obviously, this was a cost-cutting move and a way to boost the bottom line. They also cut some of the appetizers out. They also added scalloped-cheese potatos, which were quite good, but I felt out of place in a Poly-themed restaurant. Those replaced fried rice, which they used to offer.

But I just ate there in January and it's still quite good. The salad dressing is amazing, the fried wontons are addictive and they have great stir-fried veggies. The bread pudding, something I usually wouldn't eat, is GREAT for dessert. So, yes, I give 'Ohana a thumbs up. Go with a big appetite and try to get a table with a view across the lagoon for the MK fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Do you go to many character meals? I am a huge Alice fan and I wanted to try out 1900 Park Faire. Have you done it? I am curious your opinion on it. I've read the reviews on allears but you are a very blunt and honest person, which I appreciate. So I'm interested to see what you have to say about it.
    To be honest, I'm not big on character meals, although I've done my fair share, because I don't want to be bothered when I'm eating, and they tend to have kids running roughshod all over the place. Doesn't make for a peaceful dining experience.

As a matter of fact, 1900 Park Faire (along with Victoria and Alberts) is one of only two MK resort dining location I have never been to.

But I'll be blunt. MomandDadofWDW1974 dine there quite often, although not in the last year, and they love the place. I also have heard nothing but good things from friends that have gone ... all of these trips were dinner meals. My advice, therefore, would be if you're looking for a good character meal, this would be one.

My best character dinner was at Crystal Palace. I thought the food was amazingly good for theme park buffet and the restaurant is beautiful. Worst experience was Chef Mickey's. Food was good, but two hours of screaming children just isn't my thing.

Hope that helps.

• Looking for the Mouse!

OK- From our recent trip 6 weeks ago...

MK- Liberty Tree Tavern - Character Dinner - Superb food and the characters and cast member were all SUPER!

MGM- 50's Primetime Cafe. There is a waiter there- Richard - AMAZING! He had my wife laughing so hard (by giving my mother in law a hard time) she was almost in tears!

Animal Kingdom- Donald's Breakfastosaurus. Before it "magically" transforms to a McDonalds...This place is SUPERB. Again, it is character, but even the chef there was so above and beyong expectations...we had one person with a specific allergy in the group, and the chef made her three full platters of food avoiding any allergens. Wonderful.

Epcot- LeCellier. We ate "all around the world" and this was consistently the best. There is a place in China that was good too, but the Maple Creme Brulee is to DIE FOR, eh? (And we live close to Canada in real life---This version was better)

We also enjoyed O'Hana at the - and we were there with my sisterand brother in law and their kids from, right, Hawaii. They even let my nephew play the eukalale (he plays in real life)- I thought the turkey was the best- and the salad dressing.

What my wife found to be the BEST part about ALL of the restaurants, was that you can get the recipes. For anything. Of course- some of them come in portions to feed 50...but it was great to be able to ask and receive.

I love the mouse!

Mark Bee
    Mark Bee
    Host of the Internationally Syndicated
    Radio Program "Blades Of Blue"!
    http://www.bladesofblue.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast