Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I was deleted.

yoyoflamingo went on it today and told me that the audio was definitely off! The Pirate at the beginning wasn't talking and it was also off-sync (the Pirates and mule would speak and then their mouths would move.).

So with that being said... is it even worth having the attraction open with such bad show? What do you all think?

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: POTC opens today!

Maybe they are doing this on purpose....so once it is finally finished and there is not much of a change....they will think there was...and people will love it

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Not enough people go that often. And if they did they would notice the drop in show.

• Banned User

Seriously.. if the pics didn't come out, atleast post them so we can try to tweak them..

I can make this:

Into this:

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I'm not being a negative nelly.. but holes in walls, and audio off sync is bad show.. and why would they tare it all up, and then just put it all back..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Because they have to?

Pirates has a huge capacity, and even then, MK will be closing as i reaches park capacity over the next two weeks.

I'm sure they didn't purposely leave audio out of synch, it jsut means the system is somehow broken. Did the person who saw this tell a CM?

Things break all the time in all rides and show, in most rides the CMs cant see it though unless they're told and often it's quickly fixed. One buggy pirate scene means they just need to reboot one of the many parts of the show.

I don't think it was directly a result of their rehab efforts. Holes.. I dunno, I'd have to see them to make a judgement. They didn't stand out in any photos or videos i've seen thus far. I doubt they're major.

• The Fantasyland guy

I would hate to see pirates "half" opened in this state. I'm glad they are not doing this in CA where I am.

with that said... picts?

They wouldn't do it at DL. They can get away with it because WDW attracts a less discerning tourist crowd. Most people won't know any better.

But it's sad that Disney would do that. And if capacity is such an issue maybe they shouldn't have closed Timekeeper. Or replaced 20,000 Leagues with a playground. Or taken ALL the watercraft off the RoA.

Simply put, capacity is a BS excuse for putting a not-show-quality attraction on display. Plain and simple.

I would expect no less from Phil Holmes and Co.

• Banned User

I haven't heard a single good reason it's not "show quality."

We have a scene malfunction, which happens all the time in all attractions, and supposed holes that no one seems to be able to document, but there are videos of the ride showing no such holes.

• Banned User

The holes are part of the show and are on purpose. Smoke will be coming out of the holes, to show that a cannon ball has just crashed through. The ride is just as presentable as it was before the rehab.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    The holes are part of the show and are on purpose. Smoke will be coming out of the holes, to show that a cannon ball has just crashed through. The ride is just as presentable as it was before the rehab.
    Figured as much - how can people expect such atrocities so willingly?

• Banned User

The atrocities people are speaking of... what are you referring to? The current condition of the attraction? Or the enhancements still yet to be installed?

• Banned User

Moreso the idea that the ride would re-open looking like crap and half put together. People really think Disney would do that. It's kinda insulting.

• Banned User

The ride by no means looks like crap. Sure a few effects here and there aren't working, but they wern't working prior to the rehab either. Nah, it's not crap. Still needs to finish the rehab badly, but crap? Nope.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Or taken ALL the watercraft off the RoA.
    So what is the current excuse for the work taking forever on the riverboat? I've heard everything from a full rebuild to the contractor they hired not doing the work to aliens having kidnapped the boat (you get the hint). What is the reasoning now?
    The river lacks without movement.

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    I haven't heard a single good reason it's not "show quality."

We have a scene malfunction, which happens all the time in all attractions, and supposed holes that no one seems to be able to document, but there are videos of the ride showing no such holes.
    I have to agree. I mean it is wicked odd reopening it in the middle of a rehab, but if it is up to snuff (nothing has yet to say it isn't) then I guess it's ok...though still odd...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast