Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nemo Song

• Banned User

Nemo Song

So.. Laughingplace has the song from the new musical...

http://talesfromlp.com/lp/lotion/vid...CLIP4-high.WMV

And it turns out, despite what DL fans have led me to believe, Anne Hamburger doesn't seem so callous and evil.

What do you guys think?

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Re: Nemo Song

Sounds good...I don't know about callous, but she does seem a bit out of touch. Hopefully Nemo is more like Aladdin than the atrocious Snow White musical...and the "didn't you see Jaws?" line makes me think it will be.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Sounds like this new musical might have some promise. Based on the song, I would definitely check it out once it opens...and that's coming from a guy who usually doesn't do stage shows...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

One word for the song... boring. I stopped watching the video half way thru to avoid falling asleep. If this is what we have to look forward to in regards to shows at WDW... then bring on more thrill rides, please. And Ms. Cheeseburger needs a makeover.

• Banned User

*sigh* I should have expected that from you... It is at WDW after all.

Anyways, I like it.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Please don't attack other members.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

OMG. I just watched the whole thing. They are going to have big problems with this show unless they cut these songs down or spice them up.

1) Kids don't know these songs so they won't necessarly be as engaged as they would with a musical they know (although I'm sure they'll love the sets, costumes, characters, etc)
    2) The songs seemed too long
    3) Anne Hamburger is WAY off when she says that themepark shows should be 30 minutes. A kids show should not be over 20 minutes. It is hard to keep a young one still (and away from a bathroom) for 30 minutes in a theme park .

I have hope that they will pull this off, but was not personally impressed with the music that they presented to the press.

I have a feeling that someone may have set Anne up on this one. She doesn't look, act, or sound Disney. So why did they pick her to do this press event? I think that someone who is worried about the show told her it would be a good idea. If the press and Disney fan sites hate it, it still gives them time to fix the show before Anne drops another of her expensive bombs.

Just my 2 cents.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

• Still wants to be a cat!

I thought it was well done, but just my opinion! Wolfette who is older can handle a 30 minute Musical, but then again she likes Musicals! You have to picture the stage setting along with costumes, I think it will work. Can only hope to see it on our WDW MC trip in October, worth it I think!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    3) Anne Hamburger is WAY off when she says that themepark shows should be 30 minutes. A kids show should not be over 20 minutes. It is hard to keep a young one still (and away from a bathroom) for 30 minutes in a theme park .
    How long is the Lion King show at DAK? That one really puts butts in seats and it's communicated that people can't leave once it's started either. Between seeing a show live and watching several recordings, I've never heard a bunch of children crying about needing the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    One word for the song... boring. I stopped watching the video half way thru to avoid falling asleep.
    This from the guy who likes BraviSEAmo.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

They are expecting kids to enjoy a musical that they don't already know the words to. It isn't like they can sing along. All of the successful Disney park musicals use music that the kids already know from the movies. I could very well end up being wrong (and hope I am), but this could very well be a big problem.

On the positive side, I love the Little Mermaid show at Disney/MGM. If they do that style of blacklight show it could look quite stunning.

Find us on Facebook:

• I was deleted.

I'm excited! I like it because the song is new... but it does quote A LOT from the film. But what sold is the puppets. I think you all know how much I LOVED Tarzan Rocks! for the music and choreography so naturally I was worried about a Nemo replacement. But I know the puppeteer talent that Disney and the Orlando area has. This will be great! I'm so excited to see it and hear more. I'm glad they have such fun songs. That with the picture the presenter was stressing so much at the start probably means a great set too.

On the positive side, I love the Little Mermaid show at Disney/MGM. If they do that style of blacklight show it could look quite stunning.
    Oh... and that is what I mean by puppets = excitement. TITW will be enclosed now so we can only hope.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Hummm... Dusty, I haven't seen it in a while, but I don't think Nemo actually HAS any musical numbers and that hasn't hurt it financially. Disney on Ice has made shows out of both Nemo and Incredibles (ditto for the lack of musical numbers) and so the company isn't completely unaware of what they're doing. I think they've probably seen the numbers those shows have done and are using it for a guide here, that there is an audience.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

They are expecting kids to enjoy a musical that they don't already know the words to. It isn't like they can sing along. All of the successful Disney park musicals use music that the kids already know from the movies. I could very well end up being wrong (and hope I am), but this could very well be a big problem.

And it's not like they can advertise to the adults "from the composer of Avenue Q!" That probably would turn parents even further away from the show...lol.

Schaudenfreude indeed
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Memory Maker

Before watching this, I had no idea what to expect. I mean, they have never done anything like this before.

However, after watching the whole thing, I can honestly say that I really like this song. I mean, sure, it's not as good as Alan Menken's songs, but on it's own I really like this song & have a lot of hope for this attraction. If all the songs are like this, I think it should be a really great show. (Although I could have done without the hoochi coochi comment )

I have two major problems with this statement.
    1) Saying that a show shouldn't be more than 20 minutes is wrong in my opinion. The old Hunchback show in the Studios (which I would probably say was one of the most loved shows in all of WDW) was 32 minutes long. Festival of the Lion King (which is currently the most popular show) is 28 minutes long. Nemo's predecessor (the just as popular Tarzan Rocks) was 30 minutes long. In the Studios, the fairly popular Doug Live was 30 minutes long and of course the beloved Fantasmic is 25 minutes long.

2) This future attraction should not be called a kids show. That would be like calling Festival of the Lion King a kids show or Fantasmic a kids show. This is a show for all ages & will be enjoyed by all ages.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Hummm... Dusty, I haven't seen it in a while, but I don't think Nemo actually HAS any musical numbers and that hasn't hurt it financially.
    I didn't say that it did. My point is that they are creating songs for this show that the kids don't already know. It could be a very long 30 minutes in the dark listening to songs that the kids don't already know. Unless they do a much better job than what they showed in that clip, I don't think the kids are going to get into it. Granted, my standards are a lot higher than your average 5 year old, but it could very well turn out to be a problem for this show. That's all I'm saying.

Like I said before, I hope that I'm wrong. I want every disney ride and show to be a bit hit. I LOVE Disney. But they have made a lot of mistakes in the last few years. Anne hasn't exactly been a huge hit machine and is one of the last holdouts of the Pressler/Harris era.

Find us on Facebook:

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast