Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

EPCOT: Hong Kong Disneyland Preview

Wasnt Epcot suppose to get a preview center about the upcoming Hong Kong Disneyland Park around the 50th anniversary celebration? If so, where will they put it?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

last december i went to Epcot's guest relations and they said that the Preview Center of HOng Kong Disneyland will be on Sept 12th . I'm not sure about that date but it's around Sept 10th .

• Minion

It's open now, they got coverage at Laughing Place now as well.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

I know it is open.. (missed it..) and i know Hong Kong CMs are training at the resortts and parks... Their were quite a few working the Registers at Pop centery....

• Banned User

It isn't yet open as of April 1st... I was just there.

It's supposed to be open now ... and like the new park, there really isn't all that much to see.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    It's supposed to be open now ... and like the new park, there really isn't all that much to see.
    But I am sure it's got to be pretty... at least.

I looked at the preview posted on another website. I was just thinking with the minimal number of actual rides, that they could have spent the money on the preview center on adding a Snow White's Adventures to Fantasyland in Hong Kong or something. I mean, how much could it have cost to put in a Snow White or Pinocchio?

Cris

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    But I am sure it's got to be pretty... at least.
    I'm waiting for your first-hand report. I won't be able to check it out until April 14th or 15th.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    I'm waiting for your first-hand report. I won't be able to check it out until April 14th or 15th.
    You mean 2006?

Actually, I was asking you for a report on the preview center. THAT I won't see until next week. As to the Hong Kong park, I'd like to see it this fall, but it could be next year before I actually get there ...

• Banned User

Oh I see... I am on my way to EPCOT later today, and MK in the evening... even though I am still a bit jetlagged from my EXPO trip to Nagoya.

• Uber Disney freak! șOș

It's amazing, TDL. I both love you AND hate you! lol

Will email you soon to try to firm up plans for a Labuda/TDL meet in May.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Labuda
    It's amazing, TDL. I both love you AND hate you! lol
    G-Fan feels the same way, so don't worry.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    I looked at the preview posted on another website. I was just thinking with the minimal number of actual rides, that they could have spent the money on the preview center on adding a Snow White's Adventures to Fantasyland in Hong Kong or something. I mean, how much could it have cost to put in a Snow White or Pinocchio?

Cris
    CULTURE SHOCK kids: China is not a middle class democracy like the US.

It's literally 1955 over there people. They don't have a 3 generation love affair with Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. They arent Japan, which glorifies and adores all things American... (Check the Pasadena swap meet some time, its all 2nd hand store BUYERS collecting Americana for TOKYO.)

They are more likely to know NEMO or something released in this century, as I dont think Disney films are widely distributed and available in China yet. It is just beginning to develop a middle class that can afford the disposable income on a Disney vacation. They are likely going to need to tailor this to local tastes more than Japan and more than France. Those countries have seen Disney movies over the decades and were at least familiar with the concepts and characters of the Disney library.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast