Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No photo's or just no flash photos?

I plan on shooting video and photos during my May trip, and I'll shoot everything! What attractions can I not take ANY video/photos on?

and no, I would never think about taking flash photos on a dark ride. That's just rude! Unless it's during the ship wreck scene on POTC. Then you wouldn't even notice. (and yes I know it will be closed, no need to correct me)

Oh, (a cast member can tell me this one) does a infared "nightvision" light on the front of a video camera appear on the rides video system? I know they use the same nightvision on many of their attractions. Well I guess the question is, will they see my nightvision light and mistake it for a bright light? With my old camera I could turn that little "red" light off so that not even other nightvision camera's could see, but with my new one (mini DVD recorder, pretty sweet!) It doesn't.

• Banned User

Re: No photo's or just no flash photos?

Honestly, most rides don't have a video system. And you can basically videotape anything anyway. Videotape whatever you like. The only thing you're really not supposed to videotape is Ellen's Energy Adventure and a few other movies... And the Tower of Terror... though I don't know why.

• Banned User

just a note the night vision turns everything green, at least the one on our video does. and it was used several times at DL last summer. i don't think we have videotaped much at WDW lately other than parades and shows.

• Huh?

Just realize -- Infrared and Nightvision are two different things. Infrared = Red, Nightvision = Green. They pick up two different types of wavelengths. Just letting you know so you don't get confused -- could be crucial in some circumstances.
    -Tim

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis
    I plan on shooting video and photos during my May trip, and I'll shoot everything! What attractions can I not take ANY video/photos on?

...snip

Oh, (a cast member can tell me this one) does a infared "nightvision" light on the front of a video camera appear on the rides video system? I know they use the same nightvision on many of their attractions.

Well I guess the question is, will they see my nightvision light and mistake it for a bright light? With my old camera I could turn that little "red" light off so that not even other nightvision camera's could see, but with my new one (mini DVD recorder, pretty sweet!) It doesn't.
    I'm not a CM, but here's my experiences...

There should be a setting to turn the "Nightshot" light off on your camcorder. Turn off the "Nightshot" light and the recording indicator, (the red light on front of your camera) If Disney's video system is as sensitive as my camcorder (and inexpensive Sony D8), then I believe the "Red Recording light would show up. Just turn them both off you don't need them.

I video POTC and Haunted Mansion all the time. I keep my "Nightshot" light turned off. Disney has plenty of IR "Flood lights" to supply light for your camcorder. There is so much light that sometimes I even get shadows on my video.

Oh, yeah, just make sure to use the eye viewfinder, not the flip-out LCD. The LCD can be so brignt as to spoil other's experience on the attraction.

BTW: Back when I first got my camcorder (1998 or 1999), I used to use the "Nightshot" lght but it gave a very undesireable effect. The light showed up as a "Square patch". But since I've been using Disney's IR, the video's look much better.

IHTH,

CU@DL

Andy

• Tinker Bell of Today

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis

and no, I would never think about taking flash photos on a dark ride. That's just rude! Unless it's during the ship wreck scene on POTC. Then you wouldn't even notice. (and yes I know it will be closed, no need to correct me)

Oh, (a cast member can tell me this one) does a infared "nightvision" light on the front of a video camera appear on the rides video system? I know they use the same nightvision on many of their attractions. Well I guess the question is, will they see my nightvision light and mistake it for a bright light? With my old camera I could turn that little "red" light off so that not even other nightvision camera's could see, but with my new one (mini DVD recorder, pretty sweet!) It doesn't.
    About the POTC shipwreck picture. I wanted a picture of it, and started to hold my camera up to take a picture and as soon as I did this (I hadn't even taken the picture) a great voice from beyond said over the PA "No flash photographry". I also thought they wouldn't notice, but they have cameras throughout the ride watching guests.
    I hope I look like Tinker Bell when I am 53 years old!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Honestly, most rides don't have a video system. And you can basically videotape anything anyway. Videotape whatever you like. The only thing you're really not supposed to videotape is Ellen's Energy Adventure and a few other movies... And the Tower of Terror... though I don't know why.
    Even Haunted Mansion? No cameras?

Just asking for you know....future reference.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Tower of Terror, most likely due to safety issues, although it might be a bit contractually as well.

I'm sure a few of them have some sort of contract set up that prohibits photography, just like the old animation tour used to do.
    -Tim

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

just listen to the safey instructions/speal before each attraction. If they do not want you to take photos/videos, that will tell you. Some just say no Flash photos (HM, POC, Muppets) and others say no video tapeing at all (TOT, Ellen).
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Even Haunted Mansion? No cameras?

Just asking for you know....future reference.
    Video in HM with Nightshot camcorder. Spiel says just "No Flash Photography".

I suppose you could also use a regular camera, just no flash.

CU@DL

Andy

• Banned User

I always take it litteral... No FLASH photos.. ok.. *turns off flash* there.. it aint flash pictures im taking... lol

Night vision on my moms sony is my friend... lol (havn't found it on my panasonic yet)

• Vehicle rotating backward

I just do what they say at the beginning of the attraction. For instance, I believe with Living With The Land it's no flash photos through the dark ride element and then flash can be turned back on in the greenhouses.

The LCD screens though are just something other people are going to have to live with. My camera's instruction manual even says that the viewfinder (which I'm bad at taking pictures with anyway) is often pretty darn off and really reccomends you use the LCD.

Don't take flash pictures or use external video lighting on the Great Movie Ride. With all the runnig around we do it gets dangerous and we need to see while we operate the vehicles.
    Tricia Jones:When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...
    Brodie: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I just do what they say at the beginning of the attraction. For instance, I believe with Living With The Land it's no flash photos through the dark ride element and then flash can be turned back on in the greenhouses.
    Which is really confusing... the light is so evenly distributed and so bright in that part of the ride, there should be no reason for a flash at all, not even for fill flash!
    -Tim

• Banned User

I need to ride that again... and bring my trusty Camcorder... then go to AK and tape somsones Safari.. lol

I know you can put most new cameras on manual and open the dang aperacture to let more light in... why dont people read or figure out the manual?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast