Thread: My WDW ideas

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

My WDW ideas

Alright, now I know some of you will hate these ideas. I wanna be an imagineer someday so I spend a lot of time thinking about new attractions and enhancing older ones. So please, constructive criticism only.

Now, a lot of you hate it when Disney changes something to tie it in to a movie. So do I. But I had this idea: why not update the Tomorrowland Transit Authority? Now I don't necessarily mean a full-blown revamp, 'cause I love TTA. I mean, Stitch is supposed to have escaped, right? It could be as simple as having him appear from time to time during the ride, maybe an open panel in the ceiling that lights up as you ride by, revealing Stitch tinkering with some wires. Plus, TTA is always moving, so there's usually no wait.

This next idea's my favorite, and I'll probably do a concept sketch of it soon. Now, as good as MGM's Fantasmic show is, it can't stay the same forever. Now, this is a long shot, but I think it'd be awesome if they did something based on the Kingdom Hearts video game series. There's lots of potential with this, and I'm surprised that they haven't done anything with this in any of the parks. If they could get some extra funding from Square Enix, they could make something truly amazing.

My last idea is a Nightmare Before Christmas ride. Like the traditional Disney dark rides, it would tell the story of the movie. However, it would have an advanced ride system (similar to Dinosaur, or, rather, the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man) that would make you feel like you're falling through the void to Christmastown, flying throught the sky with Jack, and dodging Oogie Boogie's nefarious contraptions. It could use a combination of 3D screens and animatronics, and the designs on your vehicle would change from Halloween-y to Christmas-y throught the use of fiber optics.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: My WDW ideas

Stitch is fastly approaching burnout due to overexposure.

Aside from the presence of video game characters, Disney owns Kingdom Hearts and can do whatever the heck they want with it, although the cameo characters doing guest spots like Leon belong to the developer, but they're never critically important anyway. The whole thing is aimed more at tweens/teens than the kids that will appear at a Mickey Mouse nighttime show, so it's probably for the best. That and some of us purist types feel that the game strips away a lot of the innocence from some of the characters and aren't very happy about that.

I could see the IJA/Dinosaur ride vehicles making a very neat Nightmare attraction, but the universe is so topical that it would not get the same kind of business in June that it would in November. Which is probably why they're content to just make-over the DL Haunted Mansion for Nightmare instead.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Warning: Kingdom Hearts II spoilers

Spoiler
    It would need to tell an extremely condensed version of the story. It could start with a summary of the events of the first game, and some of the earlier events of KH II, on the water screens. Then, the stage lights up to reveal Roxas, having a usual day with the others. Then, everything around him freezes in place and Axel appears, asking Roxas to come with him if he wants to know the truth. Stage fades to black and the water screens come up again, showing the rest of the Organization pleased with the retreival, then switches to Sora, Donald, and Goofy arriving in Port Royal on the Gummi Ship for the DL version, and Land of Dragons for the WDW version. In the DL version, a cannon blast from the Interceptor would startle the audience, and we would see Sora's group along with Jack Sparrow attempting to fight off Barbossa's cursed pirates. In the WDW version a firework blast would reveal a battle between the chinese army and Shan-Yu's Heartless (just neoshadows instead of those little bird things, though). After Shan-yu is defeated, Mulan is injured and revealed to be a woman, leading to a sweet scene with Shang. In both versions, Sora would seal the keyhole and depart. This would lead to another projection, in which Sora recieves a transmission while in the gummi ship from Cid, asking them to return to Hallow Bastion quickly. They speed off, and small, lighted boats appear. Each one has two characters on it, and, like the current ones, displays a romantic scene. Each boat would represent a romance from the game, including Jack and Sally. After they've all passed, a scene similar to the "gathering of evil forces" in the current version would occur, with Oganization XIII instead of the Disney villians. Axel is the last member shown, and he looks somewhat concerned before the stage lights up again, revealing an immense battle with Sora, Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, Riku and Kairi(they didn't show up at this point in the game, however), Cloud, and Leon fighting the nobodies (they fought the heartless in the game, though). To their surprise, Axel appears and helps them, sacrificing himself to open a portal to the World that Never Was. Mickey and the others tell Sora and Riku to go on ahead, and Kairi assures them that they'll meet again soon. They go through the portal, and Sora finds himself locked in battle with Roxas (displayed on the water screen, and would happen exactly as in the game). Now, unlike in the game, Xemnas merges with the other remaining members of the organization and opens the doorway to Kingdom Hearts, which would take the place of the dragon. Sora and Riku agree to stand by one another no matter what happens, and go through the door. Now switching to the water screens, Riku merges with Sora, and Sora turns into his final form (once again, different from the game), then switches to the stage again as he battles and defeats Xemnas. Back to the screens, now he and Riku appear to be lost in Kingdom Hearts forever, but Sora says it won't be so bad as long as they have eachother. Suddenly, they see a passageway open in front of them, and walk towards it. The Steamboat Willie river boat (or the mark Twain at DL) rounds the corner, lit up with the powers of light and containing all the characters that made even small appearances in the games. King Mickey is seen at the helm as Steamboat Willie, and Sora, Donald, and Goofy also in their Timeless River forms (this Sora would be a "Head Character") as The instrumental of "Simple and Clean" plays. As soon as they're out of sight, Sora, Riku, Kairi, and King Mickey appear on the stage, conducting the powers of light, ending in a huge pyrotechnic display. The spotlight shines on Sora, who says "I know now more than ever... Kingdom Hearts is Light!" and plunges his Keyblade intothe ground, vanishing in a flash of light.

As much as I like this idea, there's probably no more than a 5% chance of this happening, in the American parks anyway. I could see something like this at Tokyo Disneysea.

Please be nice people, that took me forever to write.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Banned User

My idea is to replace the entire management team at WDW and bring on people who really know what a Disney park should be staffed, maintained and operated like.

• The one, the only...

I think you have a lot of creative ideas. I like the stitch idea, even if he has been exploited so much by Disney that people are growing sick of him.

I think that having a surprise or two on the TTA is a great idea and does not have to be related to Stitch directly.

As to the Nightmare Before Christmas idea, I like the concept for Disney-MGM. The problem is that the movie is so connected to the two holidays. Would people want to ride it in Spring? Maybe, maybe not.

Keep on working on the ideas. Sometimes a good ideas can be like a bone yard where pieces might work better in another idea yet to be developed. Write them all down and keep them filed. Also write down what the problems are to overcome in the ride. Sometimes, all a good idea needs is the right timing. A good idea that would not work a few years ago might work today or in the future. Walt Disney would come up with an idea and work on and off on it for years before it came to reality.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    My idea is to replace the entire management team at WDW and bring on people who really know what a Disney park should be staffed, maintained and operated like.
    Like me, right? lol

I guess we should start laying out our planned positions for the takeover of the kingdom.

New Parks Division head = TDLFAN
    New WDW Prez = Bill
    New WDW VP = WDW1974 (unless he wants something else)
    PR/Spin/DamageControl = TheDisneyInquisitor

Hmm...I guess I'll be an underling running the MK or something. I wanna upgrade those dad-gum Fantasyland rides.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ No don't touch the Fantasyland rides!!!

Well since the tops jobs are gone...I'll take the job of resort liason to WDI. If we don't need that I'll take Mr Rex's job at EPCOT.

• Banned User

Like me, right? lol__________________
    oh lord please help us al!!!
    stitch needs to be gone, caput. out of tommorrowland altogher IMHO. get rid of that silly playground, or move it to mickey's toontown fair and put a stitch dark ride in it's place. one that combines mr toad's wild ride and roger rabbit cartoon spin. your car would be chasing stitch around hawaii
    nos the kids would love that one.

if you were gonna change tta, and this is the only Pixar attraction that I think would fit, put the incredibles mover in. I must admit that those futuristic bubble cars look cool to me. again just my opinion.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

I did this rough sketch today. Needs a bit more work, though.

Have you faced the Yeti?

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    /\ No don't touch the Fantasyland rides!!!
    You really perfer Small World like that? Well, okay.

How about I just upgrade Peter Pan's Flight? As a huge fan of the DL attraction, the MK one was a real disappointment. I'm sure there's a log of what I was thinking when I rode it.

0:03: "Come on everybody, here we goooooo"
    0:07: "Hey where are all the twinkly lights?"
    0:12: "There's some, but they're pretty dim."
    0:40: "Hey, is that TINFOIL in that volcano?"
    1:28: "I can see the floor way too clearly"
    1:50: "Oh jeeez somebody update this thing!"
    2:10: "That was it?"

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    You really perfer Small World like that? Well, okay.

How about I just upgrade Peter Pan's Flight? As a huge fan of the DL attraction, the MK one was a real disappointment. I'm sure there's a log of what I was thinking when I rode it.

0:03: "Come on everybody, here we goooooo"
    0:07: "Hey where are all the twinkly lights?"
    0:12: "There's some, but they're pretty dim."
    0:40: "Hey, is that TINFOIL in that volcano?"
    1:28: "I can see the floor way too clearly"
    1:50: "Oh jeeez somebody update this thing!"
    2:10: "That was it?"
    I like my IASW, thank you. Though I do miss the EPCOT-like signs, the Jack Wagner safety spiel and the simple pastel background.

And Peter Pan's Flight could maybe use some special f/x upgrades, if they were only upgrades of what was there. Any upgrades that would require new scenes or changing scenes...no good.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

I had another idea, using the same ride system mentioned for Nightmare Before Christmas... they could make a Stitch ride that's actually decent. Stitch works better for something like that than for a completely dark "sensory experience"...

Have you faced the Yeti?