Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• The one, the only...

Best Nighttime WDW Experiences?

Since I am going to WDW in October, I thought I would ask some real veterans what the best things to do at night. Walt Disney said he felt there was a special magic at night. I agree with him. What do you like to do at night?

My favorite experience at night is Adventurers' Club. I love the spontaneity! I love the wackiness!

What are your favorites?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Re: Best Nighttime WDW Experiences?

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. I'd classify it as a can't miss!

I second his vote on that
    "Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand"

w/o a doubt. Food for thought, a quote was used during the designing of RoE. It went "I want a blind man to hear what a deaf man sees". Nuff said.

My best nighttime WDW experiences have usually come in my magical WDW resort beds!

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

I love just walking around the parks seeing everything lit up at night. The parks are so different at night. Just take a nice stroll though any wheres. Even Animal Kingdom at night. Right before I left my College program in January, I was at Animal Kingdom when it close, and the sun all the way set. Very very dark, but very nice and it gave the park a really different feel.

But as for attractions, anything that goes outside, Splash, Big Thunder etc. They take on a new life... And any of the night time shows/fireworks are great too.

But with almost anything at Disney, no matter what you do, as long as your having fun doing what ever you are doing, you can not go wrong.
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Disney Memory Maker

Without a doubt in my mind, best nightime experience: Reflections of Earth. Doesn't get much better than that imo.

Runners Up: Walking along the Boardwalk and seeing the various entertainment, seeing Fantasmic and leaving Epcot & seeing the fiber optics in the ground.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    My best nighttime WDW experiences have usually come in my magical WDW resort beds!
    Hahaha!! Gives new meaning to "Cheap Thrills" since the opened the 'economy' hotels on property.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Hahaha!! Gives new meaning to "Cheap Thrills" since the opened the 'economy' hotels on property.
    Hey, those cheap thrills aren't all that cheap.

Although this gives me funny mind imagery of '74 doing a cleanliness check of the hotel room, demanding a cleaner room with less stains and soils, and then proceeding to wreck it himself. Remind me to bring a portable blacklight if I ever stay in one of his rooms. <bg>

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

If you can time it right, try to go on Dumbo just as the fireworks are going off. We have seen the show so many times that we were just skipping it that time around and when we got on Dumbo, Christina raised Dumbo all the way up, like she always does and then they started going off. There are some fireworks that go off in Fantasyland, right over our heads. It was by far one of the best memories we've had going there. You would be amazed what 3 minutes of fireworks look like while you feel the blasts over your head.

and before anyone says anything...I imagine if it wasn't safe, Disney wouldn't let you on the ride during the fireworks.

• Former Epcot CM

Well the fireworks are set off behind the park, so its perfectly safe in Fantasyland. Sounds cool Summer.

My favourite WDW experience at night has to be the Halloween Partys at the Magic Kingdom. We practically had Splash Mountain to ourselves at one point, and similar to Summer, watched a portion of the fireworks while on Big Thunder - that was back when they performed the regular Wishes at Halloween, I have yet to see HalloWishes. We stayed until the very end, were so tired by the next day but were so happy. The park was absolutely dead by the end - but we were still bursting with energy, and I will never forget running through Cinderella Castle from Fantasyland and seeing Main Street lit up before me, with not a soul in sight. Sigh.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• The one, the only...

I am surprised that no one mentioned Wishes. I saw it last year and thought it was fantastic.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Hey, those cheap thrills aren't all that cheap.

Although this gives me funny mind imagery of '74 doing a cleanliness check of the hotel room, demanding a cleaner room with less stains and soils, and then proceeding to wreck it himself. Remind me to bring a portable blacklight if I ever stay in one of his rooms. <bg>
    Ewwww...

Anything at night is more magical.
    My favorite places are Liberty Sqaure, Tomorrowland, Main Street and the area around the Treehouse in Adventureland.

Future World is nice at night, but my preferred night hangout at EPCOT is World Showcase (thats where the margaritas are ).

At Animal Kingdom, Everest is beautiful at night, and so is Dino-Rama (I'm about to be killed I know).

Besides all that you have the shows. Fantasmic!, Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, and Spectromagic are excellent! The Electrical Water Pageant is very good if you get the chance to ever see it too.

Everything is better at night. I love when Magic Kingdom stays open to midnight. Leave one park when it closes and go to the Magic Kingdom. It's great!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    I am surprised that no one mentioned Wishes. I saw it last year and thought it was fantastic.
    This here's an IllumiNations crowd. Except me, I missed my chances to see it (although did see plenty of explosions many nights from my room looking out to Epcot in POFQ!)

I like the end of Wishes where the lighting and music tries to make a live-action recreation of the Disneyland opening. The version in Remember is a bit better because it has Tink flying around as well as the proper castle to be doing the opening bit with, but I think the WDW one fills up more of the sky

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Well the fireworks are set off behind the park, so its perfectly safe in Fantasyland. Sounds cool Summer.
    Not quite. Fireworks are also set off from both sides of the castle from over the top of Fantasyland buildings in addition to the launch pad behind the park. On certain days, portions of Fantasyland have to be closed to guest traffic during "Wishes" due to proximity to those pyro launchers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast