Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Non-Disney Characters Seen Inside the Disney-MGM Studios Park?

I know throughout the years, the studios have had characters without the Disney Logo, I know the Ninja Turtles used to roam around the Studios, who else?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Non-Disney Characters Seen Inside the Disney-MGM Studios Park?

I don't like the Power Rangers.

LOL I don't even know if they are Disney, can anyone confirm? I just think they are a bad idea in MGM, personally.

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Well Power Rangers is ABC, and Disney owns ABC, sooo...

Ace Ventura used to be there too, and let's not forget the Muppets. There were Pixar characters before Disney bought Pixar, and there used to be a Goosebumps "show".

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Were the Muppets really owned by Pixar? I remember them when I was a kid in the 70s. When did they buy the muppets? Nobody even asked for my opinion on the sale of Kermit and Miss Piggy! Go figure!

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Er, I never said that Pixar owned the Muppets...

Have you faced the Yeti?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt
    Were the Muppets really owned by Pixar? I remember them when I was a kid in the 70s. When did they buy the muppets? Nobody even asked for my opinion on the sale of Kermit and Miss Piggy! Go figure!
    Pixar never owned The Muppets. Mitsukai said "there were", not "they were". Disney had the rights to the Pixar characters in park since the original deal, and most people already associated Pixar as being Disney. But Disney does now own Jim Henson Productions, The Muppets, and Pixar. Eisner was almost hell bent on aquiring The Muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    LOL I don't even know if they are Disney, can anyone confirm? I just think they are a bad idea in MGM, personally.
    Disney aquired the rights to Power Rangers from Hiam Saban as a part of the Fox Family Channel deal.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O

Disney aquired the rights to Power Rangers from Hiam Saban as a part of the Fox Family Channel deal.
    Thanks I'm not good at the politcal mumbo jumbo.

• Married and happy again!!

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE
    I know throughout the years, the studios have had characters without the Disney Logo, I know the Ninja Turtles used to roam around the Studios, who else?
    Back when the TMNT roamed the park Disney did indeed own them as they still do. They bought the rights back in 1990. I hated when Disney felt the need to by the rights to them and the Power Rangers.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsukai
    Er, I never said that Pixar owned the Muppets...
    Oops, sorry. My mistake. I need to read a bit slower next time. Old age you know!

• Minion

ORWEN: When the park first opened, you could see characters from The Wizard of Oz out and about. But not for long, I don't think.

ORDDU: Of course--since then--Disney released its OWN Oz movie, Return to Oz, so they ought to let THOSE Oz characters roam around, if you happen to ask us.

ORGOCH: Oh, sure!! That's all we need ain't it? More witches out tryin' ta steal MY thunder!!! I say leave 'em right where they is--outta sight 'n outta my way!!

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Technically you could say they didn't completely own Roger Rabbit. Also, there used to be Looney Tunes stuff in that little store next to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids area. The entire place used to have a WFRR theme but obviously that's changed. I don't think there were any walkaround characters, but have you noticed that big crate near the area where you can have a special picture taken? You used to be able to see the Tasmanian Devil's eyes glowing through a hole in the crate (I think they have the exact same thing at some WB stores, if those still exist). Always used to freak me out. After they started getting rid of the WFRR theme and replaced it with a Goosebumps theme, I'm pretty sure the eyes stayed. Eventually they turned off the lights, but the eyes were still there, and now they covered up the hole. I'm not sure if the Tasmanian Devil figure (I'm not sure if it was a full-body figure or just the eyes) is still in there. I kinda miss it.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I remember before Star Wars Weekends came about, in the early 90's you could find Chewbacca and an Ewok or 2 around Star Tours. My pic with Chewie is the funniest ever because just as my mom snapped it, he took his hand and pushed my head into him, so I'm kind like, "ACK!" I just wish I could find the stupid thing now!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I remember before Star Wars Weekends came about, in the early 90's you could find Chewbacca and an Ewok
    LMAO when my brother was 4 he was tiny...Chewie picked him up as though to take him away. My brother loved it.
    Then the Ewok snuck up on my mom...she turned and screamed and jumped, he in turn jumped, and ducked away.

I miss the Turtles, it was pretty cool.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I like almost all the non-Disney characters. It helps the visitor feel like they're seeing something more than just the same old Disney classics that we all know. I mean, I like Mickey and Pooh as much as the next guy, but seeing Darth Vader too only makes it better IMO.

They also seem to put the same touch into representing those characters as they do their own. Their Star Wars and Power Rangers and so on have all the movements and looks down flat.

The only non-Disney characters that I don't really care for as walkarounds are Muppets, because a 5 foot tall Kermit the Frog is weird, even weirder than tall Chipmunks and tall Piglet.

• Banned User

The Wizard of Oz charecters...were they charecters from the 1930s movie or the 80s Disney Oz movie "Return to Oz" ? or both?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast