Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I've stayed at PC three times since it opened. I like it for what it is ... a glorified Disney version of a basic motel. I like some of the touches, details, music etc ... but generally wish the place had never been built because it is gaudy and tacky and has spread Disney's already declining maintaince team even thinner.

I would truely hope that Phase II is canceled outright. The one building of rooms that was completed could be demolished or even used for CPers housing. The other lobby and food court could likely be used for some other purpose.

But if there's one thing WDW doesn't need right now is added resort inventory. They are discounting almost constantly now as is.

actually, they are only discounting for annual passholders and FLA residents at this time. POP is full this weekend. The only availablility for values is All Star Sports. So, they need inventory for Value resorts. Also, Moderates CS and PO-FQ are also full

have to say, my BF has been here 5 times in last 2.5 years and has never seen the parks this full. Tourism is back big time at the house of mouse.I want the legendary years now!

Quote Originally Posted by usofa
    actually, they are only discounting for annual passholders and FLA residents at this time. POP is full this weekend. The only availablility for values is All Star Sports. So, they need inventory for Value resorts. Also, Moderates CS and PO-FQ are also full

have to say, my BF has been here 5 times in last 2.5 years and has never seen the parks this full. Tourism is back big time at the house of mouse.I want the legendary years now!
    That's right now as far as room only discounts go. But they have had discounts steadily for the past 4-5 years now, and many times those discounts applied to everyone. There were no such thing as generic discount codes until the past few years. You can now book a room at last minute when you used to have to book months and, for some periods, a year or more in advance.

The fact they are filling resorts this week or this month makes no difference. I visit WDW almost every other month and have for years. I remember what the place was like in 2001-003 when some resorts were like ghosttowns and some were shut down for months for 'renovations' which NEVER happened in the past.

WDW simply has way too many rooms with our country mired in a war, a lousy economy and gas prices at an all-time high.

I hope they finish phase II. Now that occupancies are nearing the pre 9/11 level and discounting is becoming less and less frequent I think it will be a go in the near future.

I am sorry, but your argument proves the point I was making. The fact that they do not discount to the general public, that they are now filling the resorts, and that it is no longer like it was in 2001-2003 shows that the resort is rebounding. If Pop Century is full on an April weekend that is not spring break, it shows that there is a demand for more value resorts. Build the legendary years.

Many schools in the NE are on spring break this week. There are scores of folks from the Boston area, you can tell by the Red Sox colors and the accents. Yes, things are rebounding. But WDW is overbuilt as is. Major chunks of inventory are either being rehabbed (Poly, DI being replaced by DVC Saratoga Springs, soon the Contemporary South Wings will close for 4-5 months). There is a point where enough is enough and whether you agree or not, that was likely 2-3 resorts ago. And, FWIW, many Disney execs (I read Bob Iger was one) believe that as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12