Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

The Yeti On Everest

You know, looking at these pictures, the Yeti on Everest just doesn't look that impressive. The one on the Matterhorn creeps me out more. To me, it just looks like a dirty stuffed teddy bear with bad, yellow teeth.

But that's my opinion. What do you guys think?

• They wanna know, HO!

Re: The Yeti On Everest

How about now with proper lighting?

...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Just wish that you could see that thing for longer...

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Banned User

Um yah...impressive...and scary. There was a picture of it up close on Jim Hill Media and the mouth looked very realistic. The tounge looked real and so did the teeth.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    How about now with proper lighting?

Eh, no- still not working for me. TBH, I was expecting something much fiercer- more evil in the face. More fur, more slobber. It looks good, don't get me wrong, but...eh. I was expecting more from an attraction that already doesn't really give as of now.

• Disney Memory Maker

Question: Have you seen it in person? If you haven't, then you are not experiencing the whole thing. For most things, a picture (or video) just doesn't do it justice.

Picturewise though, imo, it certainly looks much more fierce & scary than this....

(which to me looks like one of the Norway trolls dipped in flour).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

honestly, I think that the stuffed yetis in the gift shop are more fierce than the Matterhorn one.

Not to say I don't think the Matterhorn yeti rules in his own way. It's just that the EE yeti actually, y'know, looks like a yeti.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    It looks good, don't get me wrong, but...eh. I was expecting more from an attraction that already doesn't really give as of now.
    Trying hard not to bite that bait.

I think he works darn well. When you see him under proper lighting and actually moving, reaching out for you, it is cool. He is amazingly fluid, and the teeth and the glowing eyes might not seems so great in a photo, but once you realize what they are on and that his hand is the size of you...they are much more frightening. The impressive nature of this beast is something still photos do not convey, you can't be unimpressed by him until you've at least seem him in person. :

I'm with Mikey, compared to Yeti, Harold doesn't look at that great, but I have to see him in the context of racing by him on a bobsled to really know how cool he is.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Trying hard not to bite that bait.

I think he works darn well. When you see him under proper lighting and actually moving, reaching out for you, it is cool. He is amazingly fluid, and the teeth and the glowing eyes might not seems so great in a photo, but once you realize what they are on and that his hand is the size of you...they are much more frightening. The impressive nature of this beast is something still photos do not convey, you can't be unimpressed by him until you've at least seem him in person. :

I'm with Mikey, compared to Yeti, Harold doesn't look at that great, but I have to see him in the context of racing by him on a bobsled to really know how cool he is.
    It looks OK, I'll admit that- great even. I was just expecting more.

And plus, I can tell that your a die-hearted Everest fan (your 'Everest, I love you' clearifies that). So, of course when people disagree you'll disagree with that person. The Yeti is fine and, yes, actually does look like the Yeti. But don't compare it to the Matterhorn's Abonible Snowman. That ride's almost 50 years old. Everest is totally new. Terrible comparison.

• Disney Memory Maker

But don't compare it to the Matterhorn's Abonible Snowman. That ride's almost 50 years old. Everest is totally new. Terrible comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer (Post 1)
    The one on the Matterhorn creeps me out more. To me, it just looks like a dirty stuffed teddy bear with bad, yellow teeth.
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 04-22-2006 at 07:14 PM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Minion

The Matterhorn Yeti's only been around since the late 70's, it wasn't there originally, it was added along with most of the actual cave rockwork.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Banned User

The ride is still almost 50 years old...

And sorry to everyone, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I just don't think its THAT impressive, while others will differ. That's what makes this world so great- people have different ideas on everything!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't even been on Everest yet and that yeti freaks me out. So far I've only seen Harold in person and he freaked me out too!

Let's not forget that EE's Yeti is also 25 feet tall, a scale of which isn't really perceived in photos. Also, if you saw the Science Channel's EE special, they had a whole segment on the Yeti, with Imagineers next to the Yeti so you can get a sense of scale. They also had a lot of footage of the Yeti moving, which was very impressive to see that much AA moving so fast.

From an engineering stand-point, this Yeti is INSANELY cool. From a show perspective, I really can't say anything...yet.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    Question: Have you seen it in person? If you haven't, then you are not experiencing the whole thing. For most things, a picture (or video) just doesn't do it justice.
    He hasn't seen it in person. He won't be convinced otherwise.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast