Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Expedition: EVEREST Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Wait a second. When did Bill start setting Miceage policy? I don't know what the link was or why it was removed, but this is just bullying, Bill. Unless you have some status that I'm not aware of, knock it off, huh?
    Bill's a good kid but yea I gotta agree with Dan Young on this one.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by btwnguy_22
    Harold II is the name.

BT

Originally Posted by Pacha
    Did the Imagineers ever give the Yeti a name? Like in the movie "Jaws", for example, they named the AA shark, "Bruce".
    Harold II? Is, or was there, a Harold I? If so, who or what is Harold I?

Thanks for the info, BTW!

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started

Bill I agree with TDLFAN and the can of worms. I know if we don't like it we don't have to read it, but putting out that you know more then most CM cause your friend talked to Joe and you heard about it??? I have talked to Tony Baxter about subs here in DL but I don't attempt to say I know more then "anyone" else.

I know your a kid with a lot of time to go to the park and you have a great love for Disney but making the statment that you are the answer guy is more then a bit bold. Plus from the stuff you have said so far, I could have gotten from all the specials and from pics of the park.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

Wait a second. When did Bill start setting Miceage policy? I don't know what the link was or why it was removed, but this is just bullying, Bill. Unless you have some status that I'm not aware of, knock it off, huh?
    I know we don't link to Jim Hill and WDWmagic... that's something that has been here for ages.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    BILL! If I were you... I would not do this again. How can you close a can of worms once they have leaked out???
    Ha ha ha ha... yeah, it seems too hard to keep up with the posts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Bill I agree with TDLFAN and the can of worms. I know if we don't like it we don't have to read it, but putting out that you know more then most CM cause your friend talked to Joe and you heard about it??? I have talked to Tony Baxter about subs here in DL but I don't attempt to say I know more then "anyone" else.

I know your a kid with a lot of time to go to the park and you have a great love for Disney but making the statment that you are the answer guy is more then a bit bold. Plus from the stuff you have said so far, I could have gotten from all the specials and from pics of the park.

J
    Guys... you need to understand that my life has been dedicated to Disney and Theme Park Management. I've studied this a lot more than most CMs... most of the stuff that I say has nothing to do with my friend who met Joe Rhode. It was simply an example of the people we meet here and share stories with. So I'm willing to answer questions, what is wrong with that? We have tour guides on Main Street that give out downright wrong or outdated information. I'm giving you correct information. Now, just so you know, I don't think anyone in their right mind would call me a kid... maybe a college student, but a kid... eh, not seeing it. And if you've talked about Subs with Tony Baxter, then you obviously know a lot more than most people. If you've ever met me, you know I don't stop talking about Disney if you're with me in Disney, unless you ask to talk about something else. I loving sharing my knowlege and stories, and most people seem to enjoy them if they haven't heard them before. I don't see how this is any different.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Next week. Just wait, it will come. Really.
    Good. Meet me there in May and you can partake in the use of it too.

1) Other attractions planned included "Soarin' Over the Serengeti"... a live version of what Warden Wilson experiences daily at Kilimanjaro Safaris. The attraction was later decided to be installed at Epcot with the same film as the California version to save on the budget, and because Nestle was willing to sponsor it. Another attraction, which was really a whole land, Australia, was not added due to cost and the idea that Animal Kingdom needed a real thrill ride, not more animals to watch.
    And in an interesting twist to that, they at one point wanted Soarin to be the ride for Austrailia...but of course Pressler didn't want to pay for a new land with animals and a ride.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Bill I agree with TDLFAN and the can of worms. I know if we don't like it we don't have to read it, but putting out that you know more then most CM cause your friend talked to Joe and you heard about it???
    Keep in mind this message board is affiliated with a writer who basically tells information because he knows people. He doesn't work for the company (and in fact his information is usually more correct than people who claim to work there), he just knows people inside.

Granted, he isn't wanking it that he knows more than anybody else, but I don't see a huge gap of a difference between what Bill is doing and what that writer's updates on the frontpage are doing.

I know we don't link to Jim Hill and WDWmagic... that's something that has been here for ages.
    The FAQ only says that you keep from simply making posts that do nothing but advertise someone else's site, like the kind that are moved to the community outpost.

• Banned User

Guys... you need to understand that my life has been dedicated to Disney and Theme Park Management. I've studied this a lot more than most CMs... most of the stuff that I say has nothing to do with my friend who met Joe Rhode. It was simply an example of the people we meet here and share stories with. So I'm willing to answer questions, what is wrong with that? We have tour guides on Main Street that give out downright wrong or outdated information. I'm giving you correct information. Now, just so you know, I don't think anyone in their right mind would call me a kid... maybe a college student, but a kid... eh, not seeing it. And if you've talked about Subs with Tony Baxter, then you obviously know a lot more than most people. If you've ever met me, you know I don't stop talking about Disney if you're with me in Disney, unless you ask to talk about something else. I loving sharing my knowlege and stories, and most people seem to enjoy them if they haven't heard them before. I don't see how this is any different.
    arent you like 19? Im 21 and people still call me a Kid and I consider myself a kid still as well. However, I know what your trying to say and I have no problem with you because I also have a huge passion for the Disney Company.

• Banned User

Well, no one calls me a kid... I act older I guess. lol

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Is there a moderator who can contribute any information about this? I've seen links to both of these sites all the time, and I can't imagine there being any kind of feud that would require us to not link to those specific sites.

So I'm willing to answer questions, what is wrong with that?
    What's wrong with that is you setting yourself up as some kind of quasi-expert in a forum where most of us are experts to some degree. I'm very happy to answer questions and contribute to discussions wherever I can. But I won't be THE expert until I start my own site. While I appreciate your input to discussion threads and your passion for all things Disney, I don't acknowledge you as the local version of Dave Smith, and I don't think you should be putting yourself out there as such.

And if you're college age, you are most definitely a kid. Don't take that as any kind of insult - I'd kill to be called a kid again!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Keep in mind this message board is affiliated with a writer who basically tells information because he knows people. He doesn't work for the company (and in fact his information is usually more correct than people who claim to work there), he just knows people inside.

Granted, he isn't wanking it that he knows more than anybody else, but I don't see a huge gap of a difference between what Bill is doing and what that writer's updates on the frontpage are doing.

The FAQ only says that you keep from simply making posts that do nothing but advertise someone else's site, like the kind that are moved to the community outpost.
    Thanks for backing me up, you made an interesting point. Too bad Al never posts here. Or Kevin. lol

Oh, and as far as that goes, once I linked to WDWmagic, and the entire thread was moved to the outpost.

• Banned User

Is there a moderator who can contribute any information about this? I've seen links to both of these sites all the time, and I can't imagine there being any kind of feud that would require us to not link to those specific sites.

What's wrong with that is you setting yourself up as some kind of quasi-expert in a forum where most of us are experts to some degree. I'm very happy to answer questions and contribute to discussions wherever I can. But I won't be THE expert until I start my own site. While I appreciate your input to discussion threads and your passion for all things Disney, I don't acknowledge you as the local version of Dave Smith, and I don't think you should be putting yourself out there as such.

And if you're college age, you are most definitely a kid. Don't take that as any kind of insult - I'd kill to be called a kid again!
    Ah, so you're saying I need to start my own site... hmm... already been there, done that. I prefer to post on forums more than actually write articles. As far as these Q&A posts go, I knew there were many unanswered questions that people had, and I figured I could answer them, since no one else has stepped up to do a Q&A like this. As far as the vocal version of Dave Smith, that I'm not. But I know quite a bit, and I know a few stories I'm sure even the great Dave Smith doesn't know. So please, don't take these Q&A posts negatively. And once again, the kid thing. Well, I guess we're all kids at heart.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I agree with you, Dan. What's even weirder to me is that if the owners of these sites don't get along, why forbid the community (which is what makes MiceChat what it is) from talking about what they feel like? Just because the people who run those sites have an Internet Fight doesn't mean it's appropriate to censor people who aren't involved in the little feud.

• Minion

Who is Dave Smith?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast