Thread: WDW on Monopoly

• Disney Memory Maker

WDW on Monopoly

Saw this on another board so I'd figure I'd post it here. Hasbro is remodeling their Monopoly board on modern-day tourist attractions instead of just things in AC. Anywho, one of the cities is Orlando, and there, you can vote between Church Street Station, International Drive & of course Disney World. Right now Disney World has a huge lead. If you'd like to vote go here.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: WDW on Monopoly

The Vegas one is strange. The Strip, The Dam, and... Tropicana Blvd!? What the heck, why not Fremont St?

EDIT: Looking at the results of these various cities, it becomes apparent that Americans seem to really enjoy bright, flashing things.

• Former Epcot CM

I think they should make a Monopoly directly of WDW. Top end would be Cinderella Castle/Grand Floridian Resort, bottom end the Haunted Mansion etc.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Vehicle rotating backward

There's a Disney Monopoly already.

In the early 1990s (the box cover has the promotional "35 Years of Magic" logo on it), Parker Brothers made a sorta-kinda Monopolyish Disneyland game with a bunch of cards that could easily get lost of various attractions, and you tried to go around picking up pictures and rides on your color-coordinated Railroad trains, before the park closed for the day. Pictures were worth points, but beware because when you draw a card from the picture pile it might be a blurry picture (intentionally bad pictures of Rocket Jets, Main Street etc) and those aren't worth much.

We used to play that one quite a bit. The kids would sometimes make Plush Mickey that we won at the 35th Dream Macine giveaway a player, and all try and agree on what he should do next. Plush Mickey won more games than I'd like to admit. Nowadays I wish I knew where it was because it had pictures of Old Tomorrowland.

Anyway, it's a fun game, probably on some auction site somewhere, but there's a LOT of little paper cards and stuff that can get lost easily, especially if you have a messy house.

• Huh?

There's also been a Theme Park Edition of Monopoly. It used all parks, though, not just WDW.
    -Tim

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

All I remember once is the Disney Trivia Game had all sorts of wrong answers so those Disney-Versions of games I always found issues with. But A Pirate's Life was cool.

• Merry 2014!

I noticed that in Seattle one of the pictures is wrong. They list it as Pioneer Square, yet the picture is of the Space Needle, which is no where near Pioneer Square. Guess which picture is winning?
    Then in Cleaveland, I think, they used the same picture twice. But in that City the results are pretty close. I imagine because no one knows what those land marks really are.
    So I wonder how many pictures are wrong or the captions are wrong and people are just voting on what is familiar? I wonder how the citizens in those cities feel about it? Wonder if it makes any difference at all? I saw in a few citites that athletic stadiums are winning too. So Americans like bright, shiney objects and sports. Gotta love this country!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    There's a Disney Monopoly already.
    How do you make a link appear as underlined words like that^^^^??? I have been trying to figure that out and can't manage to make it work!!!

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    How do you make a link appear as underlined words like that^^^^??? I have been trying to figure that out and can't manage to make it work!!!
    Type something, highlight it, and click on the little icon with the world & the link. Enter the link and there you go.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Thanks Mikey!! You are so self sufficient, it's scary!! And.. how did you like Tarzan?? Is T naked pretty much all of the time??

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    And.. how did you like Tarzan?? Is T naked pretty much all of the time??
    :Cough cough cough: (& he was wearing a "professional loincloth" but there were a lot of naked jokes throughout the show)

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor
    :Cough cough cough: (& he was wearing a "professional loincloth" but there were a lot of naked jokes throughout the show)
    ooooo! I want to see this show SO badly!!!

Soon.. I hope!

Oh.. and back to topic. Minneapolis is also being used. Too bad one of their choices in St. Paul, not Minnapolis! But it really doesn't matter because the MOA will win anyway.