Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

I like flan!! Have you tried coconut tembleque with cinnamon sugar sprinkled on it? People who know what a 'chupacabras' is, should know this as well...

• Inappropriate

one time i put it in the cupboard and it just slowly collapsed

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants
    one time i put it in the cupboard and it just slowly collapsed
    The cupboard?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Mostly Harmless.

Isn't flan, like, upside-down pudding?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xerotheory142
    hehe, and then theres another thing for the DLers to complain WDW stole...
    Well I find it ridiculous that they try to make it seem like Mickey's Toontown Fair is an East Coast country village that Mickey escapes to, when he's not out doing movies in California in Disneyland's Mickey's Toontown.

I mean, the Magic Kingdom has a Main Street, Tomorrowland, Adventureland, Frontierland and a Fantasyland (Liberty Square being the only land "unique" to FLORIDA) but their version of Toontown was supposed to be a different place than California's somehow.

I would have liked to see Disney MGM and Disney's CA Adventure get Mickey's Toontowns, (just through the tunnel from Hollywood, like in the WFRR movie) but unfortunately they came after Mickey was in place in both Magic Kingdoms.

In response to the question about what attractions used to be there:

1988/89 Guidebook: In honor of Mickey's Birthday, Mickey's Birthdayland.
    All abooooaaaard! Catch a train at the WDW RR station and ride to Mickey's Birthdayland. Here's what you'll find when you arrive:
    Attractions 1. WDW RR, 2. Mickey's House (stepping into Mickey's house in Duckburg is like stepping into the Sunday morning comics. See his car, furniture, and memorabalia... step out the back door to the Birthday party tent..watch clips as you wait your turn to join the shenanigans iin Minnie's Kitchen. At Minnie's surprise party, pluto Goofy Donald and Chip and Dale are part of the hilarious musical show that features a new song We Love You Mickey Mouse. When the cake is baked, it's time to move into the party tent. Disney Characters join Mickey on a birthday cake stage and sing Happy Birthday to Mickey Mouse. Attraction #3: Mickey's Hollywood Theater - Greet the star and pose for pictures in Mickey's dressing room.
    #4: Grandma Duck's Farm (petting zoo) + merchandise cart / snack cart. The Grand Prix raceway was not shortened yet, and 20K Leagues was still running next door.

Later, it became Mickey's Starland, after the birthday celebration was over and they saw how popular it was to meet Mickey. So The "SUPERSTARS of the Disney Afternoon" aka Darkwing Duck, Launchpad McQuack, Baloo and Louie from Tale Spin, Chip and Dale and Scrooge McDuck join the show.

Eventually, the Grand Prix track was shortened so Donald's boat and the Barnstormer roller coaster could go in and Garndma Duck's farm went away. Did her barn become part of the Barnstormer???

At that time, they also added Minnie's Country house Toon Park and Petes Garage (restrooms).

I think we can see why TOKYO said "copy the one in California" not Florida.

Although the theme of Barnstormer is better than Gadget's Go Coaster (someone care to explain that one?), overall CALIFORNIA's Toon Town is way better. We have Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin, the ever missing Jolley Trolleys (if they havent' been shipped to Tokyo and are actually coming back). <Funny, the trolleys are drawn on the DL map but not listed as an attraction... Does anybody realize they slipped off the radar?>

We also have Chip and Dale's Treehouse, which is a little cramped for parents taking their kids through anyways and Goofy's Bounce House. I'm not sure where the Acorn Crawl used to be. There are the snack stands and Gag Factory shop and more interactive things to play with along the buildings.

So maybe WDW should use the rest of the 20K Leagues lagoon to complete their Toon Town.

• Mostly Harmless.

YES!

• keep moving forward...

ahhhh mickeys starland show... the characters... the noises...what fun...i remember that show so much because when my dad and sister used to go on the roller coasters my mom used to bring me to this show... anybody remember how the show alternated between showing the bonkers character and the chip and dale characters... everytime it would be a different character

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I am very happy. Travel the World in my Corporation's jet. Check Disney Parks out on "quality control run". Get an ocasional side trip like the one to EXPO 2005 in Aichi this past week, and come back to report to you all. How dysfunctional can that be?
    Ah ha....

So that's what you do...

In that case, you haven't been doing your job too well... the "quality" of the American parks is horrible compared to the Tokyo parks. I'll have to hold you responsible for that since you're the only person I know that actually does that. LOL

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    Toontown at Walt Disney World is fairly weak, but it's fine for what it's supposed to be: Basically a character place. Why does everyone say Disneyland's Toontown is so much better? They have two additional things: Roger Rabbit and Chip N Dale's Treehouse. Umm, big deal-Roger's basically Buzz Lightyear with a different theme and no shooting. They also had the Jolly Trolley at Disneyland but for all practical purposes it has been removed.

• Mostly Harmless.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Toontown at Walt Disney World is fairly weak, but it's fine for what it's supposed to be: Basically a character place. Why does everyone say Disneyland's Toontown is so much better? They have two additional things: Roger Rabbit and Chip N Dale's Treehouse. Umm, big deal-Roger's basically Buzz Lightyear with a different theme and no shooting. They also had the Jolly Trolley at Disneyland but for all practical purposes it has been removed.
    The themeing at DL is MUCH better.

• Banned User

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox
    The themeing at DL is MUCH better.
    Yeah, in FL you just have the residential 1/2: Mickey and Minnie's Houses and Donald's boat. Goofy is homeless, and theres no treehouse.

The entire industrial section with Bennie the Cab sticking out of the wall, the jail, the little kids explore area, the Gag Factory store, and of course ROGER RABBIT's CAR TOON SPIN where you are in a cross between Buzz Lightyear and Teacups, except NO PIXAR and it at least brings you back a few years to the old days.

Roger Rabbit and the industrial town area would be a big plus for that old Submarine area. Besides, the berm / rr track is even beyond the lagoon area, so there's really quite a bit of space to work with back there.

Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Thotful Spot or whatever they're calling it, are just character meet and greets, which fits into the purpose of Toontown, so it could all come together and be less horrible actually if they WOULD put in Roger Rabbit and make it worthwhile for people without toddlers in tow.

If only for that one attraction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12