Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

So did you read the rumor...

...on Mouseplanet about them clearing trees behind Al's Toy Barn to possibly use Al's as the entrance for the new Toy Story ride?
    I have to say...true or not I find it really cool. I've always thought a Toy Story dark ride would really round off the Muppet/Toy Story corner very nicely and Star Tours/Muppets/Toy Story would be a great combo too.

What do you think? Lets assume Midway Mania is coming to MGM for 2008. Do you think this is a good spot for it?

• Drunk On Disney

Re: So did you read the rumor...

I think that would be a great place for it. There seems to be plenty of interest in Toy Story and that area never seemed finished to me.

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Blog Entries

The rumors I heard were that it was going to be the midway ride that DCA has.

• Former Epcot CM

I think just a plain Toy Story dark ride would be cool. The nearest thing is Buzz at the Kingdom, but a proper dark ride based on the story of the movie would be delightful. Yes, I did just say delightful.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Two Problems:

1) Way too many pixar based rides already
    2) The ride concept sounds dumb and cheap...just another variation of Buzz Lightyear this time with video screens.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I don't think it sounds cheap, I can easily imagine what they could do for the ride.

Make it a ride from a toys perspective, like a journey through the kitchen or something, I think that would be neat.

I agree though that they should think of something OTHER than Pixar, I'm just a little Pixar overloaded.

• Married and happy again!!

I would love to see a proper Toy Story ride not one just based on only one chareters (not that I don't love Buzz because I do). I don't mind pixar being at the other parks like MGM or DCA (so on and so forth) but I would prefer that the pixarization of MK and DL (Paris, Hong Kong and Tokyo's DL) is kept to a real minimum.
    Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

I don't have a problem w/ Pixar coming to the studios...one place where they actually belong. After seeing the FANTASTIC dark ride they built at DCA for Monsters, Inc. (it really is great, as its 70-minute wait times can attest to), I have faith that this would be neat, as well. MGM is in need of a nice, new family E-Ticket--especially toward the back of the park.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Oh... riiiiiiiiight.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I don't think it sounds cheap, I can easily imagine what they could do for the ride.

Make it a ride from a toys perspective, like a journey through the kitchen or something, I think that would be neat.

I agree though that they should think of something OTHER than Pixar, I'm just a little Pixar overloaded.
    Me too... They've got Buzz in all the resorts (do they have it in Hong Kong?), Monsters Inc. in DCA and coming to TDL, the entire Living Seas has been themed around Finding Nemo, they're building a Finding Nemo ride in DL, another Finding Nemo ride in DSP, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor probably coming to MK, Finding Nemo musical coming to AK, It's Tough to be a Bug at AK and DCA, A Bug's Life section of DCA, and they're probably gonna do an Incredibles ride soon... it's starting to get old.

Have you faced the Yeti?

• I was deleted.

Since guests already ask where the Buzz ride is when they are AT the Disney-MGM Studios, why not mix it up a bit?

The real issue here is SPACE. Taking away that meet-and-greet takes away a lot of valuable space that they not only use for characters, but special weekends, SOL, etc. I would assume they would take over the old stage that isn't be used for anything now, so that would be nice. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of space. It's really tight back there. Right behind that wall is the little pathway for pargos and then some bushes and that fence that you drive along if you enter the Studios that way. So it should be interesting to see where this one goes.

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

They might build a Disney ride if Disney could make a good movie...which they haven't been able to in awhile. Narnia attractions are being considered though...especially now that the ultra-expensive sequel, Prince Caspian, is in the works along with subsequent plans for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair...
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I would assume they would take over the old stage that isn't be used for anything now, so that would be nice. The only thing that concerns me is the lack of space. It's really tight back there. Right behind that wall is the little pathway for pargos and then some bushes and that fence that you drive along if you enter the Studios that way. So it should be interesting to see where this one goes.
    The old Hunchback stage area is now used to store all the SOL lights (for the 3 months they rest from either being put up for taken down...)

There is no need for another Buzz ride, Put what is sopose to be there... a MUPPET ride!
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• Hello there

Blog Entries

i like new rides
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Disney Memory Maker

I would rather they lay off the PIXAR attractions for a while. I mean, their movies are good, but not lets-make-two-rides-for-every-one good. What I'd rather see in this area is a Muppet themed attraction so they can expand Muppet Courtyard. I'd also like them to utilize ABC Theater and the Backlot Theater. Although a Pixar attraction makes sense in the studios, there are just too many property wide for them to create another one.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Blog Entries

We can complain about the pixarization of disney but for all intents and purposes, pixar is now disney. They were already distributed by disney, so I don't really look at them as pixar rides but disney rides since they're now owned by disney and always had a close relationship.

I know the purists distinguish, and I'm a purist to an extent, but Disney hasn't put out a great animated movie in years without the help of pixar and seeing that pixar is now Disney, well it's going to happen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast