Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WDW recreation

WDW recreation

This thread is for anyone post their favorite none park experiences or traditions. What I enjoy about WDW is that there are much more recreational activities meaning you can have and entire vacation at the resort without ever going to the parks. While I prefer Disneyland park to the Magic Kingdom I love WDW for all the extras that could never fit in the other Disney resorts. All these activities can be done else where in the real world but the convenience of having it all at Disney where I would already go for just the parks.

One of my personal favorites which I can't wait to do again was horseback riding at Fort Wilderness Campground. This has been around I think for at least 30 years and still is a popular but so many people don't know about it. The two mile guided trail ride only allows for a very limited number of riders maybe 10 or 12. Reservations are usually needed and the price is not outragous it think it was about $18. It is a great first time experience for kids or adults like me who had never done it.
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 04-25-2006 at 06:49 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: WDW recreation

Amazing.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

I loved taking out the tiny speed boats out from the contempory out to bay lake and 7 seas lagoon.... I loved zooming around on thoes things
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybop
    I loved taking out the tiny speed boats out from the contempory out to bay lake and 7 seas lagoon....
    I have always wanted to do that but haven't found the time yet.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I got one at the Wilderness Lodge it was lame and slow. The liability form said no taking photos (which is why I wanted the boat) and on the way over the water bridge our tiny boat was hit by a wave and we had nice gross Bay Lake water come over our bow and onto us. I thought we were going to sink this thing went so slow and slung so low into the water.

• Vehicle rotating backward

tloolgb, that sounds sad. One of my favorite DL hobbies back in the day was the pedalboats (and other activities) in the hotel marina that is no more. Depending on how big the budget is, maybe I'll go cruising the waterways next time. Of course, I also keep telling myself that maybe next time I'll go to TDL, but it's always more work to do that. *shrug.*

Mmmm, parasailing, with my fear of heights that ought to be fun. 5 minutes of sitting on a bench 500ft in the air will either cause me to die or make me fearless enough to ride Soarin' immediately afterwards.

• Self Congratulative

Take the miniboats from the Port Orleans Riverside out and see the sights, especially the abandoned treehouses. What's the story on those anyway?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

A round of mini golf was always something that my family would do before we checked into the hotel...and I agree, the boat from POFQ is one of the gems of the resort....so peaceful and relaxing.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• I was deleted.

I love mini golf at Disney!

One note about the boats.. you pay as you go at resorts but you only pre-pay at DTD.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I love mini golf at Disney!

One note about the boats.. you pay as you go at resorts but you only pre-pay at DTD.
    I was thinking that as I posted earlier..... whereever did you hear that? :P

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I got one at the Wilderness Lodge it was lame and slow. The liability form said no taking photos (which is why I wanted the boat) and on the way over the water bridge our tiny boat was hit by a wave and we had nice gross Bay Lake water come over our bow and onto us. I thought we were going to sink this thing went so slow and slung so low into the water.
    You say "we" so I assume you had more then one person..... Try the boat by yourself... much much faster....

and no taking photos?????? oops!!!!!

• Disney-it's a way of life

No photos? haha... yeah, oops for me too then! I never went out on the little speedy boats, but this last trip my parents and I went out on one of those big pontoon boats from the Grand Floridian. Yep! It was fun, just driving about 7 Seas and Bay Lake by a friend of mine that worked at that marina.. so it was comp. It was great!

But I so badly want to go horse back riding! Ever since I found out a few years ago that they have that as an option, I've been dying to go. I haven't gone horse back riding in such a long time.

And I've always wanted to go mini-golfin down there.

Wow.. now I have an even bigger list of things to do when I go back for summer. haha... it should be tons o' fun.
    ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
    ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
    :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
    ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
    ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
    ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

I always try to squeeze in a few rounds of mini-golf, I like all three courses. If you didn't already know this keep your receipt from your first game cause the second round will be half off. (I don't think it has to be the same day either)

Blog Entries

we planned on trying the mini golf last time but just never got to it.

I guess just walking through downtown disney was fun for us. I loved all the disney shops and themes such as the rainforest cafe. It was just fun. I can't wait till they open up the dino cafe.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStarTink283
    Wow.. now I have an even bigger list of things to do when I go back for summer. haha... it should be tons o' fun.
    Bigger list and less time... when will you be an official student of UCF?

mini-golf is really fun.... I only got to play once though when my brother came to visit. We went to winter-summerland, and played the summer side.... The course is great, with some fun surpirses. But from what I have heard, you can no go wrong with any of the courses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast